[Webcomic] Girl Genius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since the last Girl Genius thread is now locked I figured I would start a new one.

O.O

Okay I did not see that coming. I will be interested to seeing how Agatha responds here. I mean the last time she saw someone she cared for chopped down in front of her she went absolutely berserk. Also I am interested in seeing how Higg's responds to this latest circumstance.

I believe Higgs will stay out of it as long as he is able to. The only reason he intervened against the Muse was because he was forced to, and even then he kinda downplayed it. Besides, considering we don't know who Higgs is or what he stands for (-I- think he's ether a Heterodyne or family offshoot of such) so it's pointless to speculate at this point.

I can't at all imagine he'd be a Heterodyne. Such a reveal would leave such gaping plot holes.
The largest of which, I'm sure, would be that the Jaggers would have already known. And he was hanging out in a bar full of them at one point.

I have been wondering if it is possible that he could be an early attempt at a Jäger and didn't go through a transformation but even that theory would have a lot of plot holes that would need to be fixed.

Has he ever done anything spark worthy? I've never seen him build anything. He can fight like a maniac. And he knows his way around the castle like he's been there for hundreds of years (IE: He has.). But he's never really shown any interest in machinery or science.

I suppose Higg's could be a "Hulk" version of a Jäger. One that only transforms when he is angry. That could explain why Higg's is so calm all the time.

Has he ever done anything spark worthy? I've never seen him build anything. He can fight like a maniac. And he knows his way around the castle like he's been there for hundreds of years (IE: He has.). But he's never really shown any interest in machinery or science.
False. Recall the fight with Otillia. Higgs was able to read her defects from what amounted to little more than a cursory glance. That said, though, I don't believe he actually is some kind of spark. What is more interesting is the matter of how he stayed human - in all appearances, anyway.

False. Recall the fight with Otillia. Higgs was able to read her defects from what amounted to little more than a cursory glance. That said, though, I don't believe he actually is some kind of spark. What is more interesting is the matter of how he stayed human - in all appearances, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Jagers used to be human... so it's entirely possible that he USED to be a Spark before he was changed. Hell, it doesn't even discount my Heterodyne theory.

Used to be, yes. But he is obviously different from the usual jaegerkin in that he still looks and sounds like a human in normal situations. So what is different about him that the ''normal'' jaegerkin don't have? I sincerely hope the Foglios will get into this instead of just dismissing it, though given their track record of not explaining what makes jaegers jaegers, I have my doubts.

Used to be, yes. But he is obviously different from the usual jaegerkin in that he still looks and sounds like a human in normal situations. So what is different about him that the ''normal'' jaegerkin don't have? I sincerely hope the Foglios will get into this instead of just dismissing it, though given their track record of not explaining what makes jaegers jaegers, I have my doubts.
They did go on record and state that the water running underneath Castle Heterodyne is one of the key ingredients in the Jaegerbrew. Considering what it did to Agatha, that's quite frightening.

So... according to the latest comic, the Unstoppable Higgs runs on so much cool that when he gets into a serious fight, he vibrates into a realm of such pure awesome that he can not be seen with the naked eye. Is anyone else not surprised with this?

I have a weird feeling that Friday's panel will involve Gil in some way but I hope I am wrong cause I want to see Higg's continue to pummel Zola.

While I hope both Higg's and Zeetha make it if it did come down to a choice between the two I would prefer Zeetha to live.

I am a huge Girl Genius fan!

It is my favorite webcomic out there right now. I have the first 8 books signed by the Professors (I haven't been able to afford the rest yet) I also have 2 sketches that Phil did for me when I met him at the Emerald City Comicon (not to mention a bunch of buttons and misc stuff). I am also a mod on a Girl Genius forum.

North_Ranger

Staff member
It's a bit of a mess, what with a baker's dozen of different sides fighting each other over Mechanicsburg, the Great Hospital is gone, and all that...

I'm willing to bet Klaus ain't dead, though...

It's a bit of a mess, what with a baker's dozen of different sides fighting each other over Mechanicsburg, the Great Hospital is gone, and all that...

I'm willing to bet Klaus ain't dead, though...
No shit he's not. He's not dead until they find his body... and even then they can bring him back!

While I wouldn't quite put it past the Professors I am leaning towards "no". Now I suppose there is a chance that Klaus could have put himself in danger in hopes of dying so that way the Other wouldn't be able to control him. Now the message he gave Phil ( Oggie's great-great grandson ) can either be seen as a secret message for help or it could have been his suicide note so to speak. But even if he is dead as long as his brain is salvageable they can revive him.

Who do you think will lose in the current fight - Vole, Gil, or Tarvek?

I'm thinking Vole is going down and Tarvek is going to sacrifice himself so Gil can get away.

Well we have already seen Gil take down Vole even after being riddled with bullets. Now granted Vole is even more upset now and is more likely to be a bigger threat so there could be some trouble. A quick easy solution would be if Agatha simply took control of that machine again and shook the claw/bridge that Vole is on and knocked him down. But they probably won't go for that solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.