[Webcomic] Girl Genius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who do you think is yelling "Gil"?

I have a feeling it is Agatha but I suppose it could be anyone really. Of course the reason why they are yelling "Gil" still remains. If it is Agatha do you think she is shocked to see Gil acting this way and is trying to get his attention or do you think it is some other person/reason?

I can't remember - has Agatha seen Gil mad-out before now?
I'm thinking that Agatha is trying to get his attention, as in "stop playing with your new toy and let's deal with the attack!". Though it might be Tarvek/Theo/Violetta/et al doing the same thing.

I believe the only times she has seen to Gil get angry was when she first met him in Beetlesburg when Gil flipped out over the design of the chalk to cheese machine. And than again on Castle Wulfenbach when Othar was escaping and attacked Gil/tried "rescuing" Agatha.

Well I do believe that Gil will have agree that that's a very good "something" to fight for.

Also as soon as I read the comic I have had the following song stuck in my head

How did you get it so early? It's not up on the website yet!
Please, share with me your secret powers.

Too bad there isn't sound to go with the comic. I think a heavenly choir would go perfect with that last frame.

How did you get it so early? It's not up on the website yet!
Please, share with me your secret powers.

Too bad there isn't sound to go with the comic. I think a heavenly choir would go perfect with that last frame.

Simply take the URL to the image

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ggmain/strips/ggmain20110817.jpg

and change the date at the end.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ggmain/strips/ggmain20110817.jpg

They sometimes will have a b at the end but not always

You can set it to a future date and if they have uploaded onto the site you can view it

Usually they only upload the comic a few minutes/hours early but sometimes they upload it couple of days in advance.

I have noticed that Gil seems to have a much easier time controlling himself when he enters his "madness state". He seems to have the easiest time (at least compared to the sparks we have seen) slipping into and out of the madness state.

Perhaps his father taught him emotional control as part of his grooming to take over the empire, or Gil doesn't enter the madness state as deeply as other Sparks. What would look like an 8 on other Sparks is only a 4 for him, which would be a scary thing to see when he finally does lose it.

Isn't Gil rumored to be the son of someone from Skifander (the resident Amazonian knock-off)? Maybe his craziness is why the Skifanders don't keep their men around...

Well there is a rumor that Gil and Zeetha are siblings and that would make Gil half Skifandrian but of course that is pure fan speculation at the moment.

Otilia's brain went snap. I can't wait to see where this arc is going to wind up.

And I got my shipment from Foglio Studios, including my madgirl goggles and jagermonster pin. Almost made up for the crappy weekend I had.

Who is it, exactly? I want to say Moloch, but I'm not sure if he shed his leather apron at some point or not.

Edit: just realized it was Tarvek - didn't realize he had such raggedy pants.

You got de goot eyes dere, Hylian.

Maybe Higgs fixed it just before he ditched it when Pinky showed up.

I find it interesting that Krosp did not get knocked out by the doom bell. Is it because he is not human or is it for some other reason? At first I thought maybe it was sparks that didn't get knocked out but than I realized that would be rather ineffective as a weapon. And when we saw several sparks pass out I realized for sure it did affect them.

So now I am pondering on just what makes it so certain people pass out and others do not. We already know that the "dead" are unaffected so just how does this bell work? We know that the Jäger's are not affected by the bell. So there is the possibility that it attacks certain parts of the brain and unless said parts are sufficiently strong enough (or sufficiently different enough) the bell would overload them and they would pass out? Now if it is done that way I have to wonder if something near Mechanicsburg helps pass on this "change/strengthening".

I suppose that maybe the Heterodynes could have a genetic predisposition towards whatever this immunity is and than maybe the townsfolk picked up something from the remaining dyne water which could indicate that the water is not quite as benign as once suspected (unless of course it is a closely guarded secret, that way their enemies would not be able to acquire the water as away to build an immunity. Now if it is something along that line it would stand to reason that Klaus would know about it and would have built an immunity into Gil. But once again this will all remain speculation until further facts have been presented forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.