Halforum Minecraft Server

So, the next server image should be interesting: I made it to the eastern jungle. Via the nether. On top of a tree! Seriously, that's where the portal generated, in the leaves of a tree. Kinda awesome if you ask me. I kept it there. There's a fairly easy way back up to it, though I may make it even easier later with a ladder or something, but I dunno. I don't think many will be going out there!

I deposited Jungle Saplings and Jungle Wood and Cacao in the chest at spawn. Somebody has already taken some of the saplings, but they promised they'd deposit more later. If not, I'll try and get my supply up as well to provide to people.

The trek is LONG in the Nether. Go to the nether fortress via Shakey's route, then follow some of the torches (they are in "corner" configurations) and then follow that out, and eventually to a portal! I didn't encase this one (yet) and the route is somewhat dangerous too (not next to a cliff or anything like that) due to anything that could possibly spawn in the fortress, and the exposure on the last half of the journey. But you WILL emerge in heavy jungle.

On that note, Dave, are you OK with me making a portal to you? I've "scouted" the route, and even have the stuff to enclose it (probably, mostly), but if you give me co-ordinates (based on a multiple of 8 please) I'll make a portal to your place from the Nether. That'll make it easier for you to get back & forth. I didn't want to pop one out on your property without say-so though.

That jungle is a ways away... 12-13-13 Map.
I started to make my nether tunnel a bit bigger, and unless @Eriol b

I didn't get a chance to label stuff today. Busy today. I doubt I'll be able to be on until sunday or monday night. So I'll probably skip the sunday map.

I hope it wasn't me. If so I'm sorry. I won't be able to find another spot for another 12 hours.
No matter who it is, I don't mind sharing, but there may be some unintentional encroachment as a result.
I realize that by keeping my entrances disguised, I risk someone else coming in and setting up. It's not a huge deal unless our plans overlap.

--Patrick

Toward the end of the old server, my husband had joined and was looking around at all that was built. Is it ok if he joins this server? He's just looking for a place to play where he isn't getting griefed all the time.

I think it's pretty cool how the new terrain generator now does the snow thing based on elevation rather than just deigning "it snows on this plain in particular."

I'm also reminded of my first structure on the old minecraft server, back when Noaxark ran it on his own PC before we moved to professional hosting. I built a tiny stone hovel in a forest near Moss, then under a secret tile in the floor in the corner of the pathetic hut, there was a ladder leading down to a passage that connected to the entrance... of a nuclear missile silo I built under Moss's front yard. It had a very "60's bond villain base" flavor to it, with the meeting room with the big table and chairs, living quarters, control/launch facilities with lots of levers and buttons, and of course, the 60 meter tall ICBM in the silo itself.

It was months before he found out about it. I think Bones or somebody ran an X-Ray cheat client and said out loud "Hey Moss, why did you build a missile under your base?" "WHAT?!"
No...I didn't cheat, I just explored the crap out of the server, I died no less than 4 times disarming your crazy booby traps so you did't blow us all to kingdom come...

also I am totally in, I think every server needs a bombpop lighthouse on the shore of the nearest beach.

I had a lot of mining lag (worse than usual) and arrows had a 2 second delay before flashing their damage.

GasBandit

Staff member
No...I didn't cheat, I just explored the crap out of the server, I died no less than 4 times disarming your crazy booby traps so you did't blow us all to kingdom come...
Those were quite sensible and prudent booby traps, obviously.

GasBandit

Staff member
which is why you spent 3 months finding "BONES WAS HERE" all over territory :-P
My personal favorite was the doorbell that dropped you into lava....
What can I say, I dislike solicitors.

But I much prefer signs to those dumb sponge monuments Baerdog left all over the place.

figmentPez

Staff member
I've started building on and island east of spawn, where there are acacia trees. Frankly I don't know what I'm going to do besides build a safe place to farm trees because all I really feel like doing is being a lumberjack.

If anyone else takes a liking to the same territory, they're welcome to do whatever they want, take whatever they want from my chests, just tell me where you want me to build my tree farm. Otherwise I'll just figure out what I'm doing as I go.

I added you @Bones[DOUBLEPOST=1387117553,1387117512][/DOUBLEPOST]@Dei, I am talking with the host. They list the plan as supporting 28 players, as you can tell, that's not quite as advertised. They say it's because of the 1.7 releases. They take up a lot more resources. I'll see what I can do. I did change it so the server will restart every 3 hours if no one is on.[DOUBLEPOST=1387117693][/DOUBLEPOST]
Toward the end of the old server, my husband had joined and was looking around at all that was built. Is it ok if he joins this server? He's just looking for a place to play where he isn't getting griefed all the time.
Anyone can join that you know. I just have the whitelist on to make sure only people we know won't grief have access. Just let me or @Eriol know their name.

Where is the spawn, exactly? I took a hike to drop off some supplies, but all I found is a front door and a wall, no building. Did it get blown up? Or is it at some other coordinate (since 0,64,0 appears to be in the middle of a lake)?

--Patrick

Where is the spawn, exactly? I took a hike to drop off some supplies, but all I found is a front door and a wall, no building. Did it get blown up? Or is it at some other coordinate (since 0,64,0 appears to be in the middle of a lake)?

--Patrick
The spawn should be at x:-69, y:65, z:229. I'm not sure where your coords are at!

I'm looking at some other options for hosting, so if you can bear with the lag for a little bit there will hopefully be relief. I'm hoping by the end of the week.

I'll also get an updated map out soon. I haven't been in to look around since friday, so it'll be interesting to see what progress people have made.

Semi-related: I recently learned that they make Minecraft figurines. I now have a Creeper standing guard by my monitor. :D

I'm noticing a few new building popping up! The map program drifter linked to me has the option to jump to peoples beds, so it should make finding out who each house belongs to a bit easier. I'm wondering if I can make an layer I can just add to my maps with markers for peoples houses. Or I could get leave those blank and set up one of those fancy mapping programs that works like google maps.