Halforums Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, we now have the vBCredits, vBShop and a few other things which I have been waiting for. Ame is working hard on the front page and hopefully will soon be putting Alfie up on the front page. This has been a royal bitch to get get going. A lot harder than we thought. But it'll be worth it!

When we get this ready to go I'm going to do the following things:

1. Reset everyone's HalBucks to 100.
  2. Make everyone's name/style the same so that to customize it they will have to buy it.
  3. Reset all Triple Triad cards - Right now anyone can buy pretty much any deck.
  4. Reset all arcade scores - Drifter is going to hate this one!

Basically there were things when I was working on the mods that did things like double the money people had, etc. So all of the prices I've set are whacked. This will level the playing field.

There are a few things that have been allowed to be done normally that people will have to pay for - like changing names or avatars. I do this because it's confusing when people do it and if they want to they have to pay.

Coming to the mod soon will be the ability to steal points. I've already created two groups called "Criminals" and "Witness Protection". The Criminals will be able to steal for a lower price and be better at it, but they won't be able to protect themselves very well. Witness Protection will be able to cheaply block any changes to their accounts but won't be able to steal or change anyone else cheaply. Basically it'll be just for fun.

I am going to have something where people can change other people's avatars but it's going to cost a LOT - like HB25,000.

Also, I'm going to be changing permissions such as PM limit and things like that. If you want to allow more PMs in your box you can pay for it with HalBucks.

Last, I'm going to be locking down the Wretched Hive. It's going to be completely hidden. BUT! People will be able to buy access. Why? Because I'm going to open it up a bit. It's been underused and I'm seriously thinking of allowing harsher stuff. Locking it down will stop it from being seen by anyone and would stop it from showing up in What's New unless they bought the ability to go there.

Thoughts? Additional suggestions? Rants?

I'VE BEEN SAVING UP MY FREAKING HALBUCKS CAUSE YOU PEOPLE SAID A NEW STORE WITH MORE SHIT WAS COMING AND NOW YOU'RE SAYING I'M GONNA LOSE THEM ALL WHEN I COULD HAVE BEEN CHANGING PEOPLE'S TITLES AND SHIT!?!?!

I HATE YOU!!! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL PARENTS!!!

*runs to his room and slams the door*

W

Wasabi Poptart

I am outraged over this "reboot". :mad:

I don't know why, but I am.

When the reboot is complete, can I be the young, good-looking one that everyone awkwardly hits on? I'm sure we could find something else for Morphine to do.

Well, what I meant more was that I'm not going to go out of my way to play games or steal halbucks or whatever. Changing people's avatar/title could be hilarious in some situations though.

I'd riot and sue if I were you.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

But then again, I riot and sue for everything... so... y'know.

figmentPez

Staff member
When the reboot is complete, can I be the young, good-looking one that everyone awkwardly hits on? I'm sure we could find something else for Morphine to do.
I'd rather have HowDroll back for the reboot.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

How do I have 0 Halbucks? I know that's not going to matter when the reboot hits, but what happened?

Dave

Staff member
By the way, I'll be purging everyone's PMs, also. If you have a PM you want to keep, you may want to save it off as soon as possible.

M

makare

oh goddamn it!!!

me and my ever changing avatars (and my beloved PMs) hate you so much. :mad2:

By the way, I'll be purging everyone's PMs, also. If you have a PM you want to keep, you may want to save it off as soon as possible.
I've been meaning to do that and never did. Guess now is a good time.[/QUOTE]

Done and done. Easy 'nuff. I just selected everything from my in- and outbox and downloaded it. :D

WHYYYY!?!?! WHY MUST YOU TAKE THE THINGS WE LOVE?!
You sure type in all caps a helluva lot lately. Wasn't that somebody else's shtick ? :p[/QUOTE]

...what!?

WHAT?!

ALL CAPS HAVE BEEN MY SCHTICK SINCE THE IMAGE DAYS, MISSY!!! RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

(Chippy has been missing this cue a hell of a lot lately, though. Good for nothing traitor)

I can hear it a few months from now...

"What are you talking about? I PM'd you the Swiss account numbers over a month ago!"

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
The Reboot is complete. Here's what was done:

1. All PMs have been removed and the PM max you can have has been drastically reduced to 10 from like 1000. We were using a lot of space and I'm trying to keep it reasonable. If you feel you need more you can buy more space in the Hal Shoppe.
  2. The Arcade scores have been reset. I plan on doing this every six months or so. The arcade still keeps all-time high scores so don't worry about losing that amazing game you had that one time.
  3. The Triple Triad decks have been redone totally. Random games are gone and all player's decks have been reset. I'll soon be adding more decks including a Pokemon deck I'm working on.
  4. All HalBucks have been reset to 100. Because of a few implementation errors the amount you had before had doubled and doubled again. Anyone was able to buy pretty much anything they wanted and I'd have had to set the prices for stuff so high new people wouldn't have been able to buy anything.
  5. The Hal Shoppe is now open for business! Come buy some stuff for yourself, others or just grab a gift or two. Hal Stuff -> Hal Shoppe

I keep trying to get rid of that blasted notification at the top of the boards but it keeps coming back whenever I navigate to a new page. It's taunting me, laughing at my inability to remove it. I feel like I'm Lady Macbeth and it is my damned spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.