Julie's D and D Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This session went, as it rightfully should, in a completely different direction than I imagined. That, and I figured that after so many high rolls were made against the dragon that weren't hitting, ya'll would have at thought to either:

1. Run, because it might be something crazy over-leveled
2. Gag the elves to get them to stop chanting
3. Go straight for the voice down the hallway

But, hey, that's why D and D is such a great game. You can get all the preconceived notions you like, but that doesn't guarantee that anything will go the way you think it will. I also realized post-game that since everyone is probably used to Shawn's DMing style by now, they would be thinking, "Well, -everything- is killable!" and continue to attempt to annihilate everything. I was planning on having the dragon return to stone when you had silenced the elves and given you another plot reason to be conflicted about killing them, but I decided to have our dragon continue to draw energy from their unconscious, albeit alive, selves. In my mind, the elves had completed the summoning and continuing to chant was just powering it up from then on out.

Aaaaaaaaaaanywho. I know ya'll really just want to see what you found, so here you go:

On the drow warrior you find leather magic armor +1 (gives a +2 AC bonus and weighs 15 lbs), one scimitar (the other is in the pit), one dagger, and a small drawing that looks like a geometrical maze.

On the elven slaves you don't really find nothing of value (everything but their bloodied clothes) except for 6, what would be considered "holy" by the drow, symbols of Lolth.
And, if you examine the ground, which I know the Simkin will, he will find 2 dime-sized emeralds that look just like the eyes of the great dragon. You'll have to have them appraised in the city to find their worth.

I'm sorry that I was so uncertain during the game. I psyched myself out, afraid that I'd let people down if I wasn't the ultimate DM, you know? ^^; But, after talking to Darryl and Shawn, I know better. I just love you guys so much, I want to make those Thursday nights with me rock. =3 Anywho, that's all for now. I look forward to the next session when Doom is there and the plot will thicken like Southern grits left in the fridge! *lol*

xoxoxoxo
- Juls

D

Deschain

The connection was pretty clear from the start that the elves were somehow linked to unwillingly summoning/powering the dragon. I was gambling on being able to beat the dragon without having to deal with the elves first though and when that did not appear to be the case, decided to start knocking the elves unconscious, again hoping we wouldn't have to resort to killing them. Of course, that still didn't do anything, so the logical conclusion was to start mercy-killing them. As for whoever is responsible, he has the lives of six elves to account for. And a Deschain always pays his debts.

Also, does anyone need the leather armor?

doomdragon6

Staff member
Yep, hate that I missed the second game, but excited about the next!

And I love that you give mundane loot. Shawn never does mundane loot (cuz it is a bit pointless), but I love it for some reason. Adds some more fun to me.

By the way, if it hasn't been established, Ezekiel will happily serve as the group's packmule.

Waaaay ahead of ya. He's carrying 6 dead bodies, just so we don't have to strip their worthless clothing from them.

We don't have to collect the crap loot. In Shawn's game there doesn't seem to be a character who would bother with it, so I don't see if he'd need to. No thief classes or personalities. I mean, we're supposed to beat the lich. Once we tell people, they seem more than happy to help us. I don't think we'll be in such high standing for Julie's game, plus we have more scrounging characters in Julie's game who would take all that crap. You know, thieves and poor people :p.

Oh I dunno. I add a few mundane loot here and there. Just depends on what makes sense at the time.

Combat at the bottom of the pit was a bit annoying. Certainly getting a drow thrown on top of him wasn't the best thing to ever happen to Nikto, but at least it gave me and Kara something to do. I decided it was in character to let folks real me up, elevator style, on top of the Drow.

D

Deschain

I briefly considered trying to pull you up, but with me having marked the dragon, I was afraid it would start raping me as soon as I tried.

Does anyone besides Simkin use leather armor? Maybe Arku?

I get the idea that as far as armor goes:

Kara/Nikto = light/cloth.
Simkin/Arku = medium/leather.
Reynard/Ezekiel = heavy/mail+.

[FONT=&quot]Simkin happily obliges and puts it on before anyone else mutters a word, "'Pon my honor," he murmurs with a sly smile, "we should have a jolly time in these tunnels!"
[/FONT]

D

Deschain

No, I use leather armor too, it is the highest proficiency I can have.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Actually, Ezekiel "wears" hide armor. Wardens get their CON bonus added to their AC when wearing Light Armor or No Armor, so wearing Hide takes my AC from 13 (10 + CON) to 16.

I'd love for it to be higher, but that +3 negates any real reason to wear heavier armor.

Hide - 16 AC (13 + 3), -1 to certain checks
Chainmail - 16 AC (10 + 6), Speed -1, Reflex -2, -1 to certain checks
Scale - 17 AC (10 + 7), Speed -1, Reflex -2
Plate - 18 AC, (10 + 8), Speed -1, Reflex -2, -2 to certain checks

Chainmail would be the worst decision I could make. Scale would require 2 feats to obtain, and is only +1 to AC, and I lose Speed/Reflex (which RP-wise makes perfect sense, cuz he's a huge-ass golem). Plate would require 3 feats, would only give me +2 AC (which is still nice), but I take a -2 to the ONLY CHECKS I'M GOOD AT.

So hide seems best right now.

And this has been Min/Maxing with DoomDragon.

What will Simkin drop on the goblin next session? Will it be :

A) A bucket of water? Goblin be stinkin' yo!
B) A bucket of oatmeal? Goblin be malnurished, yo!
c) A bucket of oil? Where be that torch again?
d) A Drow. We must continue tradition after all.

Simkin will assure 100% protection from any misfortunates to whomever will make a picture of the group.

Been doing some reading, Deschain. Not sure if you've been using some of your powers when you throw the sword, but remember that many of them have the melee key word and can't be used as a ranged attack. There are however some sword mage abilities that involve throwing your sword.

If the session was wrapping up anyway and Julie's server was lost and I can't speak, then I'm going to bed. :)

For the record, I vote magistrate but wanna make sure the slaves are gonna be safe. I just couldn't voice my opinion because I couldn't use my voice.

Night homies.

Status
Not open for further replies.