[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized something...

If the Human-Reaper looked like a human... Does that mean all the races harvested over millions of previous years were all squid people?
I think they confirmed that the human Reaper only looked that way because it wasn't done. They all end up looking like squid things.

Then why waste all that human-juice making human arms?
Because then it looks cool and stuff.

Honestly, by the time Mass Effect 2 came out, Bioware were already starting to ignore their own universe's internal rules, as well as common sense, in favor of Rule of Cool. Which got worse in Mass Effect 3.

Because then it looks cool and stuff.

Honestly, by the time Mass Effect 2 came out, Bioware were already starting to ignore their own universe's internal rules, as well as common sense, in favor of Rule of Cool. Which got worse in Mass Effect 3.
Given how awesome the final mission was in ME2, I think they made good use of it.

Too bad it was all down hill from there.

ME2 already changed the Reapers motivations from "beyond your understanding, mortal meat bag" to "the most easily understandable concept to a biological being, reproduction"... so it went downhill way before that...

Soooo, Leviathan's ending can be watched on youtube

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

it made the Reapers even lamer than they had already been made.

Leviathan is the remnants of the original species that created the AI that created the Reapers. They look like Reapers with fish faces. They created the AI to preserve life in the galaxy, it then decided to kill all life. Still fucking retarded.

Oh, and getting them on your side is worth like 500 readiness score. Awful. YOU DON'T EXPLAIN YOUR ELDRITCH HORRORS. FUCK.

I watched the ending on Youtube.

It's... not horrible, I guess. But yeah, it answers questions that don't need answering, and doesn't answer questions or problems that needed resolutions.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Soooooo...
Shep made a deal with Cthulhu?

Yeah, that's definitely not gonna come back and chomp the rest of the galaxy's ass...

Was interesting... too bad it wasn't in the main game.

However, I feel it makes the destroy ending irrelevant.

More thoughts:

A lot of what the big head alien explains is the same as the god-child explains at the end, so if you have the DLC, it seems a bit redundant then. Learning that information earlier should affect Shepard's talk with the god-child, but I'm sure it won't.

The big head alien confirms that Harbinger was the first Reaper and emphasizes it. The "you lose" 4th ending implies Harbinger is the god-child and this kind of confirms it since the god-child purposely sets itself as something apart from the Reapers, i.e. the intelligence that came before them, the one programmed by the big head aliens.

Makes me wonder if they're gearing up for some kind of Harbinger-focused DLC. The big head alien says the Reapers are looking for something, which is probably synthesis, but the current culture in Bioware's Mass Effect writing team seems intent on having to explain everything so we'll find out. But I don't think they'd underscore Harbinger's importance for no reason when the ending's already been done.

Side-note: I'm guessing Bioware put in the line about each Reaper being made in Harbinger's image to shut everyone up about how all the Reapers look the same despite EDI's theory about shape in the Reaper reproductive cycle... but then why does the one in the Collector base look human? Still stupid. Also, if that's the case, why do the Harvesters look like griffins? There's no reason to put useless, flapping mechanical wings on those things. The flapping accomplishes nothing. Stupid again.

There was fan speculation that the human Reaper was just the "core" of the reaper. It'll later be enveloped in a shell that resembles the cuttlefish shape.

That would explain the smaller size of the human Reaper. Still doesn't explain why it's shaped like a human though.

At least they explained the artifacts.... even though... I'm seeing a whole lot of what's going on from an abandoned ave.... doesn't seem very helpful.

They never should have explained the Reapers motives... it was unecessary and made them seem less badass. The whole "beyond your understanding" thing was a better angle than where they have gone now.

I also like how you need DLC to get any foreshadowing about the stinky ending and the stupid catalyst. It's like they are going to complete the plot line retroactively with DLC (which is total bullshit).

They never should have explained the Reapers motives... it was unecessary and made them seem less badass. The whole "beyond your understanding" thing was a better angle than where they have gone now.

I also like how you need DLC to get any foreshadowing about the stinky ending and the stupid catalyst. It's like they are going to complete the plot line retroactively with DLC (which is total bullshit).
Exactly.

Awesome:

Fucking fail:

I love the scene with Sovereign. It;s such a big moment, when you realize what's actually going on. Gives me chills. The confrontation soon after with Saren is great too. That game had a great eye for cinematic moments, moreso even than Dragon Age: Origins.

Still want to know what the hell changes about synthetics in the green ending. Organics get nanomachines, so are synthetics just splattered with red blood cells?

Watching the Sovereign video makes me just get more angry about the whole thing.

He mentions that the name Reapers was created by the Protheons and not actually what they are called, and yet later on it pretty much becomes their official name that even the God Child and Leviathan are calling them Reapers.

He says organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation and an accident, that they are the extinction of everything and the final evolution, and yet later on it turns out they are just a massive cleaning crew that kills intelligent races so life itself can continue.

I kind of wish they stuck with where I thought they were going in ME2, which the reason the "cycle" kept happening was a form of weird reproduction. They wait for races to grow big enough that they can melt them into the goo to make more of themselves, then leave until life can grow large enough to start the new reproduction cycle. Yet nope, they wanted it to be they are killing us to save us.

He mentions that the name Reapers was created by the Protheons and not actually what they are called, and yet later on it pretty much becomes their official name that even the God Child and Leviathan are calling them Reapers.
Each time something like this comes up, the speaker says some pscyho/technobabble bullshit about scanning Shepard's mind/memories and adapting what it says to his/her way of understanding things. It's a dumb reason, but at least they give one and I can accept it.

Heads up for those that still care, Omega is the next DLC. It features Aria and a female Turian as your temporary squadmates (so no new banter of any kind with any of the other crewmates) and 2 whole hours of gameplay.

All for only 15 bucks.

Fuck. Off.

Heads up for those that still care, Omega is the next DLC. It features Aria and a female Turian as your temporary squadmates (so no new banter of any kind with any of the other crewmates) and 2 whole hours of gameplay.

All for only 15 bucks.

Fuck. Off.
Still sounds more worth-it than that 3-D Pokedex app for the 3DS! Not a game, just a Pokedex. Fuckin' Gamefreak.

You're just being entitled.
Either that or just shocked that Game-Freak and Nintendo expect people to pay 15 bucks for what should be a free app.

"You can hear what Pokemon's names are in different languages!" Yup, can't do that with-out this app! Its not like I have the internet or anything.

I'm STILL waiting for a Game of the Year version of Mass Effect 2. I'm not buying all that fucking DLC. Does anyone know if the Trilogy edition comes with all the DLC for 1 and 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.