[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if BiowarEA wants to make any future titles in the Mass Effect universe (not including ME3 DLC or prequels)... which ending do you think will be canon?

Personally I can't see either of the other endings working out very well other than the destroy option.

Personally I can't see either of the other endings working out very well other than the destroy option.
Control could work. Could be something like Harbinger not exactly happy about his new roll as slave to Shepard, who for a long time he considered a nemesis. Harbinger "breaks free" much like Leviathon, becoming a rogue Reaper with a army of other rogue Reapers, trying to find a way to oust the Shepard consiousness and "free" the other Reapers from his grasp.

The only ending I don't see working is Synthesis, just because it would require such a large change to the universe and the racial politics.

I think the answer is that EA will milk each ending...releasing three different games...one for each ending.

At least, that is what I would do...but there's a reason I'm not in control of ANYTHING.

I think the answer is that EA will milk each ending...releasing three different games...one for each ending.

At least, that is what I would do...but there's a reason I'm not in control of ANYTHING.
You mean "release the same game under three different titles and ask 3x full retail price", right? Otherwise, you're doing it wrong ;-)

You mean "release the same game under three different titles and ask 3x full retail price", right? Otherwise, you're doing it wrong ;-)
Well..if I was incharge there would be huge differences between each one.

However, if I was EA, I would do exactly as you just stated.

Then drive a submarine through my ocean of money.

where Shepard meets him and can have him join the fight against the Reapers.

WAR ASSETS ARE USELESS
Oh golly gee wiz, I'm so excited about that. I can't wait to see the changes that will cause in the climax and ending. Please, EA, suck the dollars out of my wallet. You deserve them.

I'm so conflicted. I still wanna play this DLC to fid ou the story behind the reaper...but I know that it will amount to jack shit.

EA is going to end p with money again, isn't it?

Another.

How is it that the fans can make so much better products than people who create these games? By gawd, this is awesome.

Sadly, EA going down would mean legal limbo and end-of-franchise for a lot of very interesting/valuable IPs and brand names. Many of which have been run into the ground, but who knows with a proper reboot...

You guys realize that the EA stock price has pretty much nothing to do with all the issues with ME3's endings, right? Shit, ME3 made $200M.

What investors don't like about EA is that they've made huge investments in things that haven't paid off like they were supposed to (Origin, SWTOR, etc.) and are unimpressed by the small profit margins of things like mobile and social gaming because their P/E ratio is in a bad place.

EA doesn't even really have a sales problem, they have an expenses problem. Investors don't care about the ME3 endings controversy because it made a ton of cash. They care about SWTOR because it spent a boatload of cash to get up and going and has only been moderately successful (and doesn't appear to be growing).

You do realize I don't give a shit about anything you wrote other than the fact I'm hoping EA fucks off and dies?

*Shrug* Not happening any time soon. They may not be in a great place, but they're not THQ. They're actually selling tons of games, for one thing.

I just realized something...

If the Human-Reaper looked like a human... Does that mean all the races harvested over millions of previous years were all squid people?

Status
Not open for further replies.