[PC Game] Minecraft HF server info and game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

najamesk1

same here, just don't feel like downgrading. Id rather wait for it to work without having to 'break' it.

N

noaxark

Nice to see the activity has been low here recently, heh. Got pissed off at my broken hand (on week 9 of 11 total in cast) and told Minecraft to bugger off for a while. Guess it did ^^

GasBandit

Staff member
Apparently they've slapped together their own homebrewed version of a new hmod. It will, naturally, still break some addons (and I've read it will break parts of Minecart Mania, such as iron blocks forcing a dismount and cause some redstone wierdness)... but I'll see if I can't get us upconverted later in the day when I have a minute.

pretty much what everyone else has been saying. I'm dicking around with single player, and waiting patiently for the multiplayer server to update.

Apparently they've slapped together their own homebrewed version of a new hmod. It will, naturally, still break some addons (and I've read it will break parts of Minecart Mania, such as iron blocks forcing a dismount and cause some redstone wierdness)... but I'll see if I can't get us upconverted later in the day when I have a minute.
I don't know when it'll be released, but the hMod guys are working on a new, better version called Bukkit. Does the server migration thing that Notch was going on about for the last couple days still prove a problem for connecting to the server (provided the versions match up), or not?

I've had no problems connecting since past Sunday.

Man, I hope a stable Bukkit release gets out soon. My latest project depends heavily on having colored blocks.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have updated the server to the latest version. You should now be able to connect using 1.2... if you had previously unpatched to 1.1, just delete the "version" file from the folder in %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and repatch.

Down side: I can't test it from work because 1.2 gives me 5 seconds per frame on my work computer, whereas 1.1 was still playable. Odd.

Please say something if something's wrong.
Added at: 15:14
I don't know when it'll be released, but the hMod guys are working on a new, better version called Bukkit. Does the server migration thing that Notch was going on about for the last couple days still prove a problem for connecting to the server (provided the versions match up), or not?
Multiplay hasn't said anything officially about migrating from hmod to bukkit, but from what I've seen bukkit is still very pre-alpha quality. I'd bet that when bukkit gets to be a lot more stable/robust, they will probably switch to it. The guy who writes minecart mania is helping them with their API, so in the future it should get pretty sweet. But right now it's still the untamed wilderness (even moreso than hmod was) and I don't think it's on multiplay's list.

GasBandit

Staff member
Good news! I managed to get my client working enough to test, and confirmed that the reports of Minecart Mania being busted on the latest hmod seem to be overstated. My stations work just fine, including iron block forced ejectors and the lot.

So now everybody can use the server again with the latest items. noteblocks and sandstone ahoy, no doubt, and go paint crazy.

Also, I found the argument that makes being hit by a minecart fatal to players, and turned it off. Lord knows I got smooshed often enough by runaway minecarts to hate that. It is, however, still fatal to animals.

figmentPez

Staff member
Minecraft screwed up my mouse cursor, even after I quit the game. I can't see the pointer, or anything else, anymore, it's just a glitched dots in a vertical line to the side of where the cursor should be.

Also, I found the argument that makes being hit by a minecart fatal to players, and turned it off. Lord knows I got smooshed often enough by runaway minecarts to hate that. It is, however, still fatal to animals.
Thanks for that, it saved me just a bit ago. Although, for some reason my obsidian launchers aren't working. Eh, whatevs.

Also, it seems like the home command got reset to take you to spawn, so people might want to /sethome again.

GasBandit

Staff member
Thanks for that, it saved me just a bit ago. Although, for some reason my obsidian launchers aren't working. Eh, whatevs.

Also, it seems like the home command got reset to take you to spawn, so people might want to /sethome again.
Hmm, I didn't test my launchers that use redstone, just one that uses a delay sign...

Yes, your /homes will have been reset because this is basically a "new" server profile that replaces the old one.
Added at: 18:28
Yeah, my redstone launchers are broke too. I read a forum post somewhere that said something about the obsidian having to receive the power from directly to the side, that above it wasn't cutting it any more... but that was the same one that said iron blocks stopped working so YMMV. I can't test this from work because my comp is not up to digging and building.

figmentPez

Staff member
If you're going to punch sheep for your cloth, carry your dye around with you. Dye the sheep before shearing, and all the wool that comes off will be that color. If I'm not mistaken, this will let your dye go further.

I did some searching, and couldn't find any of the new tree types, so I did a lot of planting in various areas, hoping that the new growth will be birch and whatever else is possible.

EDIT: There's charcoal now? Interesting. Smelting a wood block turns it into charcoal, which can be used just like coal (though it doesn't stack with it).

You're not mistaken, Pez. Dying a sheep will give you 1-3 colored wool, whereas dying wool directly will give you only 1.

Possibly, yes. Rumors are that they can only spawn below sea-level, but otherwise in any body of water at any light level. Their natural spawning algorhythm seems to make them relatively rare though, so it could take a long while for them to spawn.

So are monsters on/off? Or still just critters? And sea monsters are "critters" ie: non-aggressive, or what?

GasBandit

Staff member
Monsters still off - reportedly they still cause bad lag. Squids are "animals" like cows, etc - do not attack even when attacked.

figmentPez

Staff member
Possibly, yes. Rumors are that they can only spawn below sea-level, but otherwise in any body of water at any light level. Their natural spawning algorhythm seems to make them relatively rare though, so it could take a long while for them to spawn.
My farm is above sea level, and I killed some in the lakes I created in the mountains above there as well. I don't know why I've seen so many when others have seen none, but they're definitely out there.

Thus far I've only encountered squid pretty far below sea level, like 4-5 blocks down, which is weird because in SSP I've seen them much shallower.

Also, I heard the loading page is now a stereogram? Can't confirm as I don't have stereoscopic vision, but fun idea.

figmentPez

Staff member
Yeah, same here. The repeating texture would certainly lend itself to that kind of illusion, but there's nothing I can see.

Minecraft does support other types of 3D, though. Maybe the loading screen just got updated for those.

GasBandit

Staff member
Bitches don't know about my Kessel run under 12 parsecs

And it's to scale, and furnished/floorplanned consistently with canon.

Sweet god, Gas, you do some sreiously impressive work. I'm totally not that patient or creative.

On a different note - can someone explain the giant... dildo (?) that has *ahem* sprung up on my property? Past the bridges, and the sign claiming it as 'mine' (for what it's worth). I'm not going to remove it, yet, but I am curious as to the origin, purpose, and builder. I noticed it on the cartograph some time ago, but my computer has been dead so I was unable to examine in person.

Oh - and when you re-set my permissions, they didn't take permanently, when I logged back in just a while ago, I could do nothing... please fix me!?

(sorry, I'm being really whiny...)

Status
Not open for further replies.