Minor victory thread

I went to the shoe store at lunch today to get a pair of fake Uggs to replace the pair I wrecked on Community Day.

I saw the real Uggs and they were so pretty, but I can’t justify the price so I went to the nice fakes. The lady working told me that the real Uggs in my size were 50% off today. Only my size.

That’s a sign.

GasBandit

Staff member

I'm really relieved it's healing up as well and as quickly as it is. There were some DEEP puncture wounds from the fangs. This morning I was able to crack the knuckles on than hand again for the first time, and the swelling is almost completely gone. The lacerations will still probably be visible for months, though.

GasBandit

Staff member
Why did your cat attack you?
Because he's a fucking cat, I guess. He was absolutely fine. Petting, petting, purring purring, then all of a sudden LATCH ON HISS YOWL BITE BITE SCRATCH PEE EVERYWHERE. Seriously ticked me off. Was right before I was scheduled at the toy drive, too, so I had to do all that night's work one-handed basically. And when I got home from it, he was all normal again, even affectionate, even though this is the most damage he's done to me. He's freaked out twice before, in the few years I've owned him - first time was when I saw a dog before him and picked him up to bring him inside before he was ready to come in, second time was when he was in my office at work a couple months ago and refused to come out from under a heavy desk until I reached in and physically dragged him out. This time was a lot bloodier though, and just out of the freaking blue. Had me thinking black thoughts about him for days.

I'm sure if Pauline had been here to see the rivulets of blood trickling off my fingers in a solid stream onto the carpet, she'd have insisted we send him to the shelter and be done with it.

Last edited:
Petting, petting, purring purring, then all of a sudden LATCH ON HISS YOWL BITE BITE SCRATCH PEE EVERYWHERE.
Did you accidentally poke an injury spot? That sounds like a scared/pain reaction, but unless there was a thunderclap/backfire or he got suddenly stabbed/shocked somehow (slid him onto a wire/thumbtack?), you might've poked him in a bad spot?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Did you accidentally poke an injury spot? That sounds like a scared/pain reaction, but unless there was a thunderclap/backfire or he got suddenly stabbed/shocked somehow (slid him onto a wire/thumbtack?), you might've poked him in a bad spot?

--Patrick
I can't find any injuries on him (and he was VERY affectionate later, as if knowing he'd fucked up and was trying to make up for it, so I got a good chance to check him all over).

Bad stuff at work means Julie's hours being cut, though I was anticipating worse. I would've liked to know before I did all my Christmas shopping; now it's too late.

But I'm posting in the victory thread because my doctor arranged for me to get my asthma medication, which is stupid expensive before the deductible has been met, in a year's supply for super cheap. He just saved us an insane amount of money, which is definitely going to make the hours reduction easier until things get back to normal.

We're really very lucky.

Best Buy Friends and Family Sale :)

Hello, new Rose Gold iPhone 8 Plus!

(seriously they were on a crazy good sale and it came with a $150 gift card!!)

As a sorta fellow photographer... we hate taking pictures of ourselves and learned to take pictures of others to avoid being IN the dang pictures.

Also, all of us, are more critical of ourselves than others are.

all of us are more critical of ourselves than others are.
Also the reason we tend to take the pictures is because the people we hand our camera(s) to aren't always as good at taking pictures as we are (which was really what I expected the response to be).

--Patrick