Minor victory thread

I miss Double Decker Tacos and Cheesy Gordita Crunches. But they definitely are not on the menu for me any more.
So, in like 1986, I worked at Taco Bell. I worked there so long, I got bored with the food and started making my own stuff up. I started making double decker tacos before they were a thing. Some of my friends started ordering them (taco+beans+extra tortilla) and didn't mind the extra cost because they were good. Then random strangers started doing it occasionally.

So, I says to my boss "I want to submit this to corporate" They had a $300 prize if they used your idea for a new product. He refused, and I had no idea how to do it without him. He had all kinds of reasons why it would never work (just like most people you pitch ideas to...it is a bummer how many people will down your idea, even if it's a good one).

A decade later, they came out. I'm still a bit burned up about it. I coulda used the cash at the time.

So for the LCG Vampire Rivals (based on the Vampire the Masquerade universe by White Wolf) came out something like a year or two ago. I've only played one game before today, and it's a multiplayer game which has 4 players battle it out. Today we had 11 players show up to play and it was 3 rounds of swiss and then a final table.

I won a round and came in second for the other two, meaning I had enough points for the final table.

And then I won that game. I am the Prince of Milwaukee for this year.

My work moved offices today. Most agents still work from home and that seems to be permanent since this is a much smaller office. It's slightly closer to home, which I kinda hate because I like the morning rides and the workout.

On the bright side, we get new computers AND desks that allow for standing positions if we want.

And this is now the view from my desk. So I'm calling it a win overall.

20220719_095643.jpg

Last edited:
I worry about the future of airmiles given their recent loss of sponsors so I felt it was time to cash out. I had no idea before, but evidently there is a personal shopper option that allows you to get just about anything with your miles even if they aren’t in the catalogue. The exceptions were perishables, pets, weapons and explicit material.

It still seemed too good to be true, but I have an email from Apple. It’s on its way!

I worry about the future of airmiles given their recent loss of sponsors so I felt it was time to cash out. I had no idea before, but evidently there is a personal shopper option that allows you to get just about anything with your miles even if they aren’t in the catalogue. The exceptions were perishables, pets, weapons and explicit material.

It still seemed too good to be true, but I have an email from Apple. It’s on its way!
There goes my plan for a pet uranium rock shaped like a penis.

The house is slowly coming together. Electrical guys came out yesterday, and the house wiring is in fairly good shape. It's got 100 amps in, which isn't enough to run the house and a hot tub (which can take up to 60 amps), so hot tub will wait until I can get the mains rewired. But otherwise, no big issues to address.

Carpeting guys are coming tomorrow to do the official measurements, so I'm hoping the re-carpeting gets done within a week. Movers are coming in just under 3 weeks to bring the rest of the big furniture I can't fit in the car.

I'm getting settled in nicely.

While still not super happy about having to travel for work again, especially after getting covid last time, this time it's to Amsterdam, which I'm MUCH more interested in visiting compared to Vegas.