Minor victory thread

The picture was taken in front of a mirror. The "Hi Sean" should be mirrored backwards, like the text in the back. Maybe she thought about that or fixed it in Photoshop.
I used to write letters backwards to my friends in high school so they had to read them in a mirror. I’m weird though :)

Yep. Also I'm betting the entire paper is 'shopped in. Lighting doesn't match, there's a line around the tip of her thumbnail that's weird, pretty sure the original picture would show she's actually throwing up a peace sign.
Yeah, that hand position looks exactly like an obscured peace sign. Who holds paper like that?

I'm seeing a lot of jpeg artifacts around the text on the paper.
.JPG artifacts will always cluster around areas where there is a steep transition of color/contrast--writing, windows, signs, light sources, etc.
Something about that thumb, yeah.
It really sticks out.
The picture was taken in front of a mirror. The "Hi Sean" should be mirrored backwards, like the text in the back. Maybe she thought about that or fixed it in Photoshop.
That seems like a lot of work to go through for just a quick verification pic. it would be a lot easier to reverse the entire pic than it would be to learn how to write in flawless da Vinci handwriting.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I just got back from a project 250 miles away, a day early. I was the only person from my company there, doing everything on my own. While I was driving back, apparently the client called our project manager and left the most glowing rave customer review that PM had ever received about anything at the company ever, and he's worked here 20 years.

So I got that going for me (when it comes time for my annual compensation discussion). Which is nice.

I was the only person from my company there, doing everything on my own. …the client called our project manager and left the most glowing rave customer review that PM had ever received
so does that mean Mr.-never-does-anything-but-somehow-never-gets-fired is going to get all the credit?

—Patrick

Okay - new game: is it Photoshopped?

View attachment 39380
That is likely "Complete Training" gym in Chattanooga, TN in the background. They are on facebook. The Silver & red trim matches, as does the font for their signs ("Complete Life" above the whiteboard). I scrolled through their pics, but didn't spot that one, so maybe one of their clients? Did she say where she was from?

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't care about that. I might even move him to a chair at the dinner table. I'm talking about those most Texas of problems: termites and bad foundations.

It's on 10 acres of land.

View attachment 39442
I hear you. When I was househunting, I almost considered buying a 60+ year old house with a hardwood floor that was so uneven it felt like a skate park because the foundations were pillar and beam instead of concrete slab. Didn't end up doing it. My Tile Paradise is on a concrete slab, but the inspector said it looked good, soooo...

I hear you. When I was househunting, I almost considered buying a 60+ year old house with a hardwood floor that was so uneven it felt like a skate park because the foundations were pillar and beam instead of concrete slab. Didn't end up doing it. My Tile Paradise is on a concrete slab, but the inspector said it looked good, soooo...
All the floors in this house are tile also. I say we start a Halforums club about it ;)

Yay! Checks are in early!
Boo. They're still dated for Friday.
Meh. Late enough in the night, tomorrow's a holiday. Deposit should still wind up on Friday's business.

Yay! Raise kicked in.
Boo. They forgot my OT again.
Yay! They had the OT on a separate check!
Boo. It's also dated for Friday.

YAY! The amount was higher than I calculated!

Yay! Checks are in early!
Boo. They're still dated for Friday.
Meh. Late enough in the night, tomorrow's a holiday. Deposit should still wind up on Friday's business.

Yay! Raise kicked in.
Boo. They forgot my OT again.
Yay! They had the OT on a separate check!
Boo. It's also dated for Friday.

YAY! The amount was higher than I calculated!

Now, in an effort to be able to get to some further lakes on the island, because the public transit here compared to the mainland sucks(I can't stand busses and really miss the Skytrain), and mostly since it's about damn time, I'm going to get my full driver's license. I've done basically 0 driving since getting my learners when I was 16, the only person I had that was willing to teach me then made it an even more stressful situation than it already was and I gave up after that. From there, several factors made it unnecessary to need, and, if I'm being honest, I just put it off because for a long time the idea of driving scared me a little. So, for 17 years I just renewed my learners to have an ID.
Passed my N test today and can, with some restrictions, now drive alone!

We have a graduated license system here that goes Learners>Novice>Full.
I feel like my reputation would suffer if I explained that joke
Post automatically merged:

The test should be not saying that word while driving