New Picture Thread

She's adorable, Espy. Just wait 'til she starts full-on interacting with you... you think it's bad now, you wait until she smiles and runs to you when you come in through the door.

She's adorable, Espy. Just wait 'til she starts full-on interacting with you... you think it's bad now, you wait until she smiles and runs to you when you come in through the door.
Oh man, I can't wait. She already smiles like crazy and has started laughing. It's the most adorable thing... just so freaking cute.

My wife and I had our first child when she was 28 and I was 35. We're planning ahead for the next one (about 3 years apart, I think).
Our <child's name redacted> was born when she was 39 and I was 40. The docs say he is startlingly healthy and robust, and I mean that even when compared to children born to parents half our ages.

--Patrick

Last edited:
All right, let's combo break these baby pictures with something awesome.

Some friends of mine run a photography studio here in town. And it's some phenomenal stuff. For HalCon (the upcoming nerd convention in Halifax), they're putting together a fantasy setting calender. A lot of our fellow nerd friends have participated as models. Sometimes, this would include some pretty intensive and amazing body painting that's done by a friend of theirs. When I first moved back, they suggested I could be a troll or ogre or something. Their pitch included, "YOU COULD BE DOUG!" (Doug the Troll was my main character when I used to play City of Heroes). How was I supposed to pass up that offer?

Well, today? Today was the photo shoot. Body painting took about 3-4 hours total. Photos took maybe 15-20 minutes. Shower took another 15-20 to scrub all the paint off (and I've still got some green tints in some parts). But it was totally wicked. I asked them to take some with my phone.

Right now, these are the only pics I have. They have to go through the editing, photoshopping, and such before I can officially post them on Facebook. But trust me, they're going to be amazing. My phone won't do justice how awesome the pictures will eventually be (which I'll, of course, post when the times comes). There's going to be a background worked in (me and someone else will be fighting some kind of gelatinous blob :D).

In the meantime...
2012-08-26 18.15.56.jpg
2012-08-26 18.16.25.jpg
2012-08-26 18.16.43.jpg
2012-08-26 18.22.28.jpg
2012-08-26 18.23.05.jpg

I think that the one with you giving the thumbs-up is actually the most intense face-wise. You just have a totally wicked type look with that face paint.

Zappit

Staff member
I'm going to a party! (I haven't seen my friends in..months, so I tried to get super cute. :))

Sorry, huge picture is huge and as always, I'm to lazy to resize it. Wait...well, I may resize it....meh.
So, as part of my practice with the iPad, I wanted to kind of go back to the basics and draw from life, and I thought I might use photos of people here and turn them into fantasy characters. Kags, I figured you'd probably be most likely to be okay with this, given your cosplay background, so I picked you first. This pic was great. Gave it my best - the sketch layer was a mess because I kept switching around, but I think in the end, I was able to pretty accurately replicate it. I went for a Mage meets Roaring Twenties type look, not too ostentatious, but classy looking.

A sepia version.

So, as part of my practice with the iPad, I wanted to kind of go back to the basics and draw from life, and I thought I might use photos of people here and turn them into fantasy characters. <snip>
So who else is up and coming? We've already had Nick as an Orc of sorts, up there, and Dave is obviously the wise, age-old wizard who forgets your name the second he turns around and then asks why you're there when he sees you again, but who else. Cajungal as a bard?

Zappit

Staff member
I think having a copy would be quite fun! I'd love to share it on some other sites - if you're okay with that. And giving you full credit of course. :)
Sure thing. PM me your e-mail, and I'll send you the larger-sized PNGs.

As for who might be next, if I see a good portrait pic in this thread, it's got a chance.

Zappit

Staff member
I did Kags in less than a day. I think I can tear through a bunch of these in a fairly short amount of time.

So you're on the list, Ranger.

I did Kags in less than a day. I think I can tear through a bunch of these in a fairly short amount of time.

So you're on the list, Ranger.
Am I the only one with a dirty min d who can't help thinking "punctuation matters or it leaves you open to misinterpretation"?

This is me in Montréal, enjoying a coffee. I didn't even know this photo had been taken until the friend with whom I was at the café sent me an email with several photos (including my current avatar).
coffeeme.jpg