New Picture Thread

C

Chazwozel

Did you gain weight?
ouch.[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to be a compliment! lol (I'm serious! I remember you being really, really thin.)

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

AmE? You wanna borrow my slow metabolism for a week? I wouldn't mind.
Gladly. Been stuck at 35 / 35.5kg (77-78lbs) for WEEKS now. :([/QUOTE]

When the hell is "did you gain weight" ever a compliment?

Cajungal

Staff member
It depends on the person... maybe not the safest compliment when you don't know someone well. But my oldest friend Liz and a friend of her dad's (pretty much another aunt for her) are both really skinny and have trouble gaining weight. They compliment each other all the time when they're able to reach the triple digits. But ya know... for most people, probably not, I guess.

C

Chazwozel

"Hey buddy, haven't seen ya in a long time. Boy your ass sure has gotten fat!"

S

Soliloquy

It depends on the person... maybe not the safest compliment when you don't know someone well. But my oldest friend Liz and a friend of her dad's (pretty much another aunt for her) are both really skinny and have trouble gaining weight. They compliment each other all the time when they're able to reach the double digits. But ya know... for most people, probably not, I guess.
The... double digits? as in, more than 9 pounds?

Cajungal

Staff member
O haha, I mean triple digits. Sorry!

Chaz, it's more like, "Ms. Lyd, you're looking healthier."
"Thanks, I got up to 105 last week!"

Cajungal

Staff member
My wife's grandmother once said to me, "Why Dave! You got fat!"
:laugh: Man, older people can be REALLY blunt. My boyfriend's grandma (who no one likes) at a wedding shower told me--as I was eating one single sandwich: "You'd better slow down or you're gonna get even bigger." Know what she said to me the following week, after her son chewed her out? "Look how pretty you are today!" :laugh:

The longest sentence my grandfather ever said to me, in 12 years, was "You sure are fat."

The long hair looks good on you, Xiaofang.

My wife's grandmother once said to me, "Why Dave! You got fat!"
:laugh: Man, older people can be REALLY blunt. My boyfriend's grandma (who no one likes) at a wedding shower told me--as I was eating one single sandwich: "You'd better slow down or you're gonna get even bigger." Know what she said to me the following week, after her son chewed her out? "Look how pretty you are today!" :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Thats something typical of old women. A stand up comedian once suggested to answer a "boy, you got fat" with "I didn't think somebody could look so wrinkly" or something to that effect... I don't think it's a bad idea :p

E

Element 117

OC you look like a former High schooler I went to school with. I hope you're not him. He died. Creeepy

I take it Amy cuts her faces out still due to the Mav factor? I think I've seen her face only twice in the last 5 years.

Nice hair though.

Cajungal

Staff member
Oh, Jesus. :confused:

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Nevermiiiind

Cajungal

Staff member
I don't know man. That is just ridiculous. And we're both teachers! It's probably because I'm embarrassed by the condition of my apartment. :oops:

Cajungal

Staff member
Please do. :) I'd love to meet. If you're ever gonna be in Lafayette for any reason, let me know that too, because I'm back and forth a lot.

Cajungal

Staff member
Just rum and coke.

Man you're really good at fixing colors like that. :) I love not looking radioactive.

Picture quality and angle is horrible, but it's a recent (tonight) picture of me and it has lil' PlainsCube in it, so wheeeee