New Picture Thread

A good IPA isn't just pure bitterness. A bad IPA - and many modern IPAs are just chasing the "we're the mostest bittereste evar - is a horrible undrinkable mess. A good IPA has bitterness as a part of the taste, but has some good soft undertones to make ot flow elegantly. Much like a decent wine isn't just sour, and a good chocolate isn't just bitter. Sadly, many producers think going X-treme is going to make them edgy and popular.

A good IPA isn't just pure bitterness. A bad IPA - and many modern IPAs are just chasing the "we're the mostest bittereste evar - is a horrible undrinkable mess. A good IPA has bitterness as a part of the taste, but has some good soft undertones to make ot flow elegantly. Much like a decent wine isn't just sour, and a good chocolate isn't just bitter. Sadly, many producers think going X-treme is going to make them edgy and popular.
Just like there are people who gravitate towards the loudest music, or the hottest peppers, there are going to be those who like the bitterest beer.
Good for them.
Make beer for the rest of the world too, please.

--Patrick

I was mostly kidding. I still can't do IPAs, but I did find a nice little APA, which, when properly chilled, is damn tasty. I'm not a huge fan of extreme bitterness, but I do understand the concept - I love extreme spiciness.

I'd hit that.

Well, probably with a shovel, but still... ;)

Just kidding Nick, unless you woke me up from a nap, that would probably get you hit. I hate people waking me up.