Official Goblins (comic) Thread

Will Chief ultimately survive this encounter?

• Yes, Chief will survive

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No, Chief will not survive

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I can close this poll now?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • When did we get that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New update!

Well, he's survived, for now. Pleenty of foreshadowing and stuff in this one. I assume the forums will have a field day. I wonder how many we can guess right. The last bit, at least, is pretty clear.

Man, his predictions are hard to parse.
I dunno.
Bowstrings break - they are unreliable
The shining forest is found only through heroism
The dwarf cries no more.

The Ears will not hear
They want the book
But they need to complain

The mount is backwards
It is displaced
The levels are gained outside of time
She saw but misunderstood
The name is not right

Death of a goblin
Death of a God
The hammer awaits

Two coins for a dead dwarf
Another leg lost

When the serpent becomes his prey
Friends become enemies
And love will fuel hate

Some of these don't seem to be foreshadowing as much as commentso n things that have already happened (to other groups).

"The levels are gained outside of time" - if anyone remembers, the dungeon they were in was extradimensional. Could they get horribly depowered upon returning to "their" world?

"She saw but misunderstood - the name is not right" is clearly an allusion to a goblin having gotten the wrong name at birth because the fortune teller got it wrong...But which one? Fumbles? Dies Horribly?

Ears needs to talk to Complains to get at some sort of book they need.

The whole serpent becomes prey etc is almost certainly talking about Kin - will Forgath chase her down and force a confrontation with Minmax? Will it pit Minmax against the goblins (specifically Kickaxo) again?

Yeah, I'm not too greeat at figuring them all out, but they don't seem undecipherable - just showing my lack of knowledge about the background because it's all been too long.

"She saw but misunderstood - the name is not right" is clearly an allusion to a goblin having gotten the wrong name at birth because the fortune teller got it wrong...But which one? Fumbles? Dies Horribly?
Considering the whole demon / name thing probably Complains. Whether this is a good or a bad thing depends on whose trying to give him orders and why.

The hammer awaits almost certainly refers to the Hammer of Prissan.

Dave

Staff member
And he's talking about how he's been working on an animated series. Great. Just something else to eat up his time and prevent the comics from being updated.

It's been so long between updates that I literally forgot Bowst had that face-thwapping curse on him.
I have yet to give a shit about any of the side characters.
My first reaction to Bhamv's post, before having read the new comic, was literally: "Who had a what now? And...do I care?"

I don't mind big sprawling epics with different groups, and I don't mind a slow update schedule...But the combination makes Goblins really hard to follow and it lessens the impact.
Compare and contrast OotS - even when Rich had problems to keep it up to date, with the group separated, and all of that, I still knew and cared about most characters. Here, I'm more or less...Ok, Minmax, Forgath, the main Goblins, Kin...and I guess Click. All of the others are either completely interchangeable to me, or if I can identify them, I don't particularly care.

Dave

Staff member
Don't worry, Thunt will start another project and have a Kickstarter for it, then fall woefully behind in its execution and then make excuses.

I love the comic and I feel for the guy sometimes, but enough is enough.

Don't worry, Thunt will start another project and have a Kickstarter for it, then fall woefully behind in its execution and then make excuses.

I love the comic and I feel for the guy sometimes, but enough is enough.
Yeah, like this whole new animated series gimmick. Although it doesn't look like it's going to get funded.

I was just looking through the Goblins wiki, and a link led me to a comic about Evil Forgath...Who they fought in the endless dungeon they're still in...Back in 2010.
Sheesh.

GasBandit

Staff member
Right. So....Where are they again, now?

Ok, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but honestly, while there's a lot going on, I don't feel like there's anything moving forward.
Well, in the fight between Minmax and Forgath vs the Goblins on the bridge, Kore showed up and Forgath held him off/got tossed off a cliff while the goblins and Minmax were pulled into this different not-endless dungeon. Forgath met up with Kin and Bowst and their Klik entourage.

Man, I had forgotten that regardless of how evil and terrifying a bastard Evil Minmax was, it took one fucking panel for me to utterly loath Warrior Kin. Damn.

Also, jeez, Chief has been dead since 2010.

LoL

The Kickstarter was cancelled after only getting 1/4 of the way there. It's being relaunched on indigogo though. Oh and they're moving from "making a pilot" to making a "5 minutes presentation" so show what it could look like? This is strait up ridiculous.

It's almost like fans got burned by a previous Kickstarter and are wary about putting money into another project.
Some of it could be that, and it could also be people like me are miffed that the dude can't up a comic on any kind of schedule (remember when it used to be 2-3 times/week? lolololol) and don't want to even consider pumping money into something else that could potentially make the update schedule even worse than it is. This is going to sound bad, but I don't think the guy deserves any more money from fans until he starts showing a bit more dedication to the thing that got him fans in the first place.

GasBandit

Staff member
Some of it could be that, and it could also be people like me are miffed that the dude can't up a comic on any kind of schedule (remember when it used to be 2-3 times/week? lolololol) and don't want to even consider pumping money into something else that could potentially make the update schedule even worse than it is. This is going to sound bad, but I don't think the guy deserves any more money from fans until he starts showing a bit more dedication to the thing that got him fans in the first place.
Same reason idgaf about TFS's other channels/offerings.

It's not just the card game that fell through either. Early on he had his donation drives where he provided bonus content based on how much money people donated. That was fine and all, no harm there except that he failed to deliver on the last couple of big project involved with that. I can't remember that characters name but they were supposed to get a small video game that never happened (maybe that's what started the card game?) But on top of that he never even finished the accompanying comic that went with it.

Thunt is honestly just an idea man. He has some good ones for sure but I just think that when it comes to implementing them it's all over his head.