Official Goblins (comic) Thread

Will Chief ultimately survive this encounter?

• Yes, Chief will survive

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No, Chief will not survive

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I can close this poll now?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • When did we get that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GasBandit

Staff member
Reminds me of Sinclair Monofilament Chains from Niven's Ringworld/Crashlander books. Each line is a single strand of molecules, extremely tough. Woven together, they form ropes that are used to tow asteroids, but typical off-label usage is basically cutting through ANYTHING (other than, of course, a General Products hull - which can only be breached by [REDACTED]).

Y'know, there's something rather comforting about Fumbles still being rather Fumbles-y even though he has great magical power now.

Thunt seems a little salty about certain similarities...

Yeah, not really a fan of this one. Yes there were a lot of similarities, but it's not like the Goblins MoM was massively original either. Plus I don't think we've had a lot of fourth wall breakage since the very early days of the comic - this was just jarring to me.

In the moment i'd rather have had a "proper" update & on an archive binge I don't think Multiverse will have a gig enough impact on pop culture for this to still work a few years from now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, not really a fan of this one. Yes there were a lot of similarities, but it's not like the Goblins MoM was massively original either. Plus I don't think we've had a lot of fourth wall breakage since the very early days of the comic - this was just jarring to me.

In the moment i'd rather have had a "proper" update & on an archive binge I don't think Multiverse will have a gig enough impact on pop culture for this to still work a few years from now.
I interpreted it as the player and the GM taking the piss out of each other. Yeah, the comparison is very labored, but I've had countless similar conversations with some of my friends who thought they'd "thought of" something before it coincidentally happened spontaneously somewhere else slightly later.

This is somewhat unrelated to the current strip, but seeing the red stringy borders of each panel reminded me that, technically, reality is still disintegrating into a plane of Hell right now. It feels like this would be a pretty big deal, but it's just kinda faded into the background for, like, the last five years or so.

Dave

Staff member
And it's writing like this that keeps me coming back to a comic that updates so erratically. That was a really good comic.

edit: And the way his words read, he's STILL feeling the effects and has control. To that universe he's still god.