Export thread

Official Halforums Meet-ups

Limit: 500

Jay

Jay

With the recent happenings going on within this forum, I felt that I should do my part in some meaningful way. Then an idea popped in my head! Don't worry, I'll keep my pants on.

It has already happened in the past where folks have already met up with other folks from this forum. There have been pictures and shenanigans shared by all. However, instead of randomly asking around who lives where and try to make meet-ups happen half-assuredly... what better idea than to simply have some type of structure already in place for quick and easy reference? Nothing too specific of course but let's say something would bring you to say.... Montreal, Detroit (you poor bastard) or Salt Lake for some sort of reason and you'd go... "Yo, who lives HERE?"

Boom, there you go.

This can also be a place where you can share which HalForums member you've already met (significant others not included please), what shenanigans happened and upload pictures of this glorious event!

So for this to happen, feel free to reply.

1. Real name and where do you live?

2. Have you met anyone? Tell us what happened. We love shenanigans.

3. Pictures, share it. Please!

4. Any plans to visit another city soon?

Jay

Jay

Halforum Members

America

AshburnerX (Michael) - Columbus/Ohio
Bert (Bert) - Detroit/Michigan
blotsfan (Jon) - Buffalo/New York
Bones (Mike) - St.Croix Valley/Minnesota
Bowielee (Dale)- Superior/Winsconsin
Cajungal (Leslie) - "Louisiana"
Celt Z (Lynne) - "New Jersey"
Charlie Don't Surf (Joe) - Nashville/Tennessee
Crimsonsoul (Melvin) - Houston/Texas
CynicismKills (Chris) - Murrieta/California
DarkAudit (Brian) - Morgantown/Wyoming
Dave (Dave) - Omaha/Nebraska
Dill616 (Dill) - West Columbia/ SC
Docseverin (Ken) - Raeford/North Carolina
Enresshou (Josh) - Jackson/Michigan
Eljuski (Darius) - Washington DC
Espy (Stephen) - Minneapolis/Minnesota
fade (Jack) - Houston/Texas
figmentpez (Bruce) - Houston/Texas
Gared (Chris) - Fredrickson/Washington
General Specific (Matt) - West Columbia/SC
Howdroll (Sam) - Chicago/Illonois
Hylian (Brian) - Lacey/Washington
LittleKagsin (Christa) - Logan/Utah
jwhouk (Joe) - Wausau/Wisconsin
klew (Kevin) - San Rafael/California
Krisken (Brian) West Bend/Wisconsin
MindDetective (John) - "Southern Oregon"
ncts_dodge_man (Dan) - Janesville/Wisconsin
Officer_Charon (Dan) - Savannah/Georgia
PatrThom - (Patrick) - "Southwest Michigan"
Piotyr (Kevin) - Midlothian/Illinois
phil (Phil) - Dallas/Texas
Ravenpoe (Matt) - "Northern Florida"
Shakey (Tim) - Brainerd/Minnesota
sixpackshaker (Matt) - Huntsville/Texas
Sparhawk - (Jeff) - Lufkin/Texas
Steinman (Adam) - Ann Arbor/Michigan
Terrik (Steve) - Tampa/Florida
WasabiPoptart (Lisa) - "Hawaii"
Zappit (Sean) - "Massachusetts"

Canada

Adam (Adam) - Winnipeg/Manitoba
checkeredhat (Derek) - Toronto/Ontario
Dirona (Kathleen) - "Southerwest Newfoundland"
Emrys (Peggy) - Saskatoon/Saskatewan
grub (Matt) - Abbotsford/B.C.
Gusto (Kevin) - Waterloo/Ontario
far (Kyle) - New Westminister/B.C.
HCGLNS (Hugh) - Halifax/Nova Scotia
Jay (Jason) - Montreal/Quebec
ThatNickGuy (Nick) - Halifax/Nova Scotia
Simfers (Simon) Gatineau/Quebec
Telephius (Sean) Winnipeg/Manitoba

Elsewhere (Thar be dragons)

bhamv3 (NO NAME) - "Taipei"
Bubbles181 (Robin) - Brussels/Belgium
Just Me (Ingo) - Nuremberg/Germany
Timmus (Tim) - Tianjin/China (*dragons confirmed) (originally from Nelson B.C./Canada)

News

September 9th - Updated
September 3rd - Updated
September 1st - Updated

Jay

Jay

Who Met Who? What happened?

@Dave
- Met @BananaHands : (STORY TO COME - INVOLVES 20 CHINS)

@WasabiPoptart
- Met @Docseverin. He used to live here and he also tried to steal my son while we were at a museum.

@Adam
- Met @Jay (2 times) and @LittleKagsin. Both are wonderful, wonderful people. (Obviously)

@BErt
- Met @stienman @Enresshou @PatrThom because we all live in the greater Detroit area (us poor bastards!!) @DarkAudit was there too because he was brave enough to visit our horrible, horrible ghetto.

@Celt Z
- Met @Tinwhistler and @callistarya

@Enresshou
- Met @PatrThom, @BErt, @DarkAudit and @stienman at a Michigan get-together last year. I also met @Fun Size at Neil Gaiman's book signing last year.

@Nick
- Met @HCGLNS (hobooo) and his wife @Squidleybits

@Jay
- Met @Adam (twice) and the city was in chaos... literally.

@DarkAudit
- Met up with @stienman, @BErt, @PatrThom, and @Enresshou in Ann Arbor.

@HCGLNS
- Met @ThatNickGuy and scared his pants by using a phone book, deer god how much scotch can one hobo drink over lunch with @checkeredhat and the exciting double feature of lets eat Chinese food with small children and @Eriol and @Dirona featuring @Squidleybits.

A HOBO ADVENTURE
When Nick met a hobo.

Several years ago @ThatNickGuy was returning to his parents home in Halifax to spend the Christmas holidays. An adventurous hobo took it upon himself to call Nick up and arrange some adventures. After a brief discussion with Nicks lovely mother, he warily answered the phone.

"Hello Nick, this is HCGLNS calling. You mentioned that you were in Halifax for the holidays and wondered if you want to have some adventures? "

I suddenly detected a strong smell and panicked tone reverberating from the telephone as Nick gasped in fear, " OH MY GOD! HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER? ARE YOU STALKING ME?!"
To which I calmly replied. "Relax Nick. I simply guessed that your parents share your last name and use a device called a phone book to obtain this number. "

Having assuaged his tremors we made arrangements to share food and beverages at a local watering hole known as Jack Astors.

Upon entering the establishment I was immediately greeted by a bubbly hostess, " Good evening Mr Hobo! Table for four?"

"No thank you, I'm meeting a gentleman tonight. Table for two at the bar will suffice. "

Upon receiving a fine table in the bar, a waitress approached and said,

"Good evening Mr Hobo. My name is Buxom. Would you like your usual?"

"Not tonight thank you, I'm driving. Just coffee please. "

"Milk cream or sugar?"

"Jack Daniels. And to start four of those unlimited garlic bread and for my main a full rack of ribs."

Nick eventually arrived and took his seat at the table. We made our introductions and Buxom quickly returned and asked for Nicks drink order.

"I'd like a Blue Lite please. "

Now for some reason the sound system in the restaurant skipped and many patrons were staring at us. Buxom her cleavage visibly deflated asked resigningly if a Keith's lite would suffice. She then offered many suggestions from the vegetarian section of the menu that Nick might enjoy.

After finishing our meal we made our way over to a book store called Chapters. Upon entering our noted author Nick was treated like royalty and appeared several inches taller. After a few minutes one of the several employees servicing Nick approached me and politely spoke.

"Excuse me sir, could you please refrain from pointing and laughing at the Starbucks patrons. Is there a book I could help you with?"

"No thanks I'll just go play with the Thomas train set."

Several hours later Nick finished his Warpoling and we headed long to our final destination, an electronics store called Best Buy.

Immediately upon entering the store several young male employees bolted from my sight, while a man with a very nice beard and a managers nametag approached me.

"Hello sir you look like a husband with a list from his wife."

"Indeed I do have a list from my wife. I require the following ..."

So myself being treated by a competent employee, the young male employees attempted to regroup but they were TOO SLOW! A vibrant young female employee named Chesty had swooped down on Nick and the two of them began a vigorous courtship over the video game selection.

Eventually I drove an exhausted and sated Nick home.

@stienman
- Met with @DarkAudit, @BErt, @PatrThom and @Enresshou in Ann Arbor summer 2013. We went for snacks and drinks at a local watering hole near the university of michigan diag. I don't recall any other details, but I drove at least a few people from one place to the bar. Either to avoid parking fees, or because I wasn't drinking. Or we did something before the bar. Much laughter.

@Gared
- Met @Hylian, had him round for dinner and Cards Against Humanity one evening a few months back, it was a blast. Next time we'll order pizza though, that soup took a lot longer than I remembered and I burnt the hell out of my hands on the bread. Oh, and I still have most of a container of spicy teriyaki seaweed strips, though now that I mentioned them, they sound tasty.

@Timmus
- Met with @Terrik in Shanghai. He drank Guinness with my dad and I at an Irish pub there that no longer exists. He's a pretty cool cat and I think he's got all the pictures.

@Docseverin
- Met @WasabiPoptart... I did not try to steal her spawn but was merely enjoying the time out. I have also met @LittleKagsin who was a lovely person even if she didn't watch my show and cheer me on!

@checkeredhat
- Met up with @HCGLNS downtown Toronto for a beer and some food once.

@HowDroll
- I've hung out/gotten obscenely drunk with @ElJuski and @BananaHands a bunch of times. Wouldn't recommend it -- ElJuski smells weird and BH is a vegan. They have both decided they were too cool for Chicago and moved to opposite coasts, so I doubt I'll be seeing much of them anymore (or at least until Juski needs another wedding date.)

@LittleKagsin
- I have met @Adam, @Docseverin and @BananaHands !

Adam passed through on his 'Halforumite Tour' and we went to dinner. I felt bad making him come all the way out here to meet up with me! But I was really happy he did. He's a really nice guy and easy to get a long with. I enjoyed our conversation and I didn't feel as awkward as I thought I would - awkward because of me and me being normally awkward not because of the situation. The most hilarious thing was that the server thought we were married, so he asked like, you know, couple-y type questions and we were just all 'Um..no?'. But, he was really awesome and he gave me a hug! :D

Docseverin came to do an air show at the base an hour south of me, so he generously got me some free passes to the show. I went and picked them up the day before..or maybe it was two, I don't remember. Regardless, I went and picked them up from him and he's a very sweet guy! We only talked/chatted for about 15 minutes in his hotel room. I did coerce him into showing me all of his tattoos, he has an AMAZING back piece that he let me see. I did miss the air show :( I was stuck in traffic, just to get in, for over an hour. I was really sad about that. But, I'm glad I got to see him and talk to him for a little bit. I imagine the world would've imploded from our coolness level if we had spent anymore more time together. He's just that cool.

Bananahands came through on his moving trek across the country. It was kind of hard for us to meet up - I'm at the like...the very very top of Utah, I'm 15 minutes away from the Idaho border. Anyway, he was going through down in Richfield, which is quite a ways from me. But it was close to where my cos-sister lives, so I went and stayed the night with her, and met Bananahands the next day. He wanted to go hiking, so he picked a hike that was ABSOLUTELY in the middle nowhere! But it's okay, he didn't try to murder me. So, we went on our hike and it was a lot of fun! I had a great time talking with him about a lot of topics, climbing on the boulders and just enjoying the hiking trail. After the hike we went for lunch and then he went on his way. (We took a couple of pictures, but they're in his possession so I have no control weather they get posted or not.)

@Dirona
- I've met @HCGLNS and @Squidleybits as part of the move across the country. Almost met Jay... stupid Montreal traffic. Never met @Adam, despite living in the Okanagan for a bit... and apparently missed @Timmus too. Met @Emrys (and the Doomweasles) for nog when we lived in Saskatchewan.

Pictures

CeltZ and Tinwhistler

Jay and Adam

HCGLNS & ThatNickGuy & Friends

Timmus & Terrik

HowDroll & ElJuski

BErt, darkaudit, PatrThom, Enresshou, stienman

Dave

Dave

Dave. Omaha. Met @BananaHands but only have 1 terrible picture to show for it. I have like 20 chins in it.

MindDetective

MindDetective

John, Southern Oregon.

Never met any of you lunks. Was close enough to when I was in Duluth. Opportunity missed...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Leslie, Louisiana. I'm pretty close to some of yall, but I've never met anyone in person.

Hylian

Hylian

Brian
Lacey, Washington

Gusto

Gusto

Kevin, Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario.

I missed my chance to meet @ThatNickGuy when he lived around here for years. Now who am I gonna watch Superman Returns with!?

Bones

Bones

Mike, saint croix valley, Minnesota. Never meet any of you but always open to it! :3

jwhouk

jwhouk

Joe, North Central Wisconsin (Wausau area)

Nope, never met any of you, not even @Krisken.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Melvin
Houston, Texas

Jay

Jay

Updated accordingly.

Dave. Omaha. Met @BananaHands but only have 1 terrible picture to show for it. I have like 20 chins in it.
Share the shenanigans.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Lisa, Land of Aloha. I met @Docseverin while he was living here. He tried to steal my son while we were at a museum. lol

Adam

Adam

Adam
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Met @Jay and @LittleKagsin. Both wonderful, wonderful people.

Gusto

Gusto

Managed to Sticky.

BErt

Hi, I'm Bert. I've met @stienman @Enresshou and @PatrThom because we all live in the greater Detroit area (us poor bastards!!) @DarkAudit was there too because he was brave enough to visit our horrible, horrible ghetto. :p

Celt Z

Celt Z

Lynne
(Northern)New Jersey

In my short time here, I've managed to meet @Tinwhistler and @callistarya for lunch, as evidenced here.
Would be up for meeting Halforumites if they're in the NJ/NYC area! (NYC is pretty much my back yard)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hi, I'm Bert. I've met @stienman @Enresshou and @PatrThom because we all live in the greater Detroit area (us poor bastards!!) @DarkAudit was there too because he was brave enough to visit our horrible, horrible ghetto. :p
Yeah, the picture was posted in the Supervillanous thread, I think.

--Patrick

Enresshou

Enresshou

1. Josh - Jackson, MI (though I'm in Ann Arbor 5+ days a week).

2. I've met @PatrThom, @BErt, @DarkAudit, and @stienman at a Michigan get-together last year. I also met @Fun Size at Neil Gaiman's book signing last year.

3. There's a picture of all of us together, but I'm too busy to search ATM.

4. I may be visiting Memphis in October, but no idea. I'll also be heading home for Christmas (SF Bay Area) for a couple weeks.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Michael - Columbus/OH

I really don't have any way of getting around or anywhere to host anybody ATM. I also usually take trips to Atlanta, GA in December and then ether May or August, but again... no way to get around.

grub

grub

Matt - Abbotsford B.C.

Never met any, but open to coffee (I don't drink alcohol) or whatever. I do make my way to Kelowna every few months were it easier.

Krisken

Krisken

I'm a hermit. And even less fun in person :D

Simfers

Simfers

Well, I'm Simon, and I live in Gatineau, Quebec.

I have met to meet any of you, unfortunately.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Huh my wife is from Beaver Dam, Wi (about an hour or so from Milwaukee I think)

Krisken

Krisken

Huh my wife is from Beaver Dam, Wi (about an hour or so from Milwaukee I think)
Yup, it's about 45 minutes west of my city. :)

Oh yeah...

Brian, West Bend, WI.

MindDetective

MindDetective

I'm a hermit. And even less fun in person :D
But...but...board games...right?

Jay

Jay

Updated again. Please check if I missed you. The fuck are the bro fists people. :p

Like the updates.

I'd love to hear how the get togethers went.

Also, name tagging in mass makes the forum eat them up. Good thing I'm copy and pasting from word.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Oh, also I head to Seattle a couple times a year to visit family.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Nick
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

So far, I've only met @HCGLNS and his wife, @Squidleybits, who are very good people. :) There are a lot of people on here I wish I could meet.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dan Stephenson. Savannah, Georgia. I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting anyone from here - @Docseverin, y'all be sure and let me know if y'all ever come down to Hunter AAF/Ft. Stewart!

Jay

Jay

My name is Jason (though you plebs can call me Jay). I live in Laval, Quebec though it's pretty much the smaller (yet better) sister island of Montreal.

I've only met @Adam so far unfortunately though I had a few close calls with other halforumites such as Chad, Dirona, Eriol, Dark Angel.

As for the meet-up with Adam... all stories are covered... here : https://www.halforums.com/threads/the-adventures-of-adam-jay.29537/ (at least for the first time).

Lots of pictures in there... but a few favs are...

Future vacations? Tentative plans to go to Vegas with Adam (if his boss permits...). Maybe a
cruise during the winter. Sadly, infant reduces my mobility.

My dream would be to hang out with @Officer_Charon and @Frank

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Apparently there's a place down here that sells (what they call) Poutine. I need y'all to come here and judge it for me!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Brian, Morgantown, WV. Met up with @stienman, @BErt, @PatrThom, and @Enresshou in Ann Arbor last summer.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Matt, Huntsville TX

I have not met any of you, I think. I did threaten to meet @Cajungal once many years ago, to drink coffee and tell her long terrible stories. For you SE Texas folks I'm easy to find on Friday nights, on the court house square.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

My name is Dan and I'm a lurker... :D

I currently live in South-central Wisconsin (Janesville) but work in Madison, WI and am hoping to move back up that general way next summer.

I haven't met anyone yet.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Matt, Huntsville TX

I have not met any of you, I think. I did threaten to meet @Cajungal once many years ago, to drink coffee and tell her long terrible stories. For you SE Texas folks I'm easy to find on Friday nights, on the court house square.
That's right! You owe me a boring story.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hi I'm HCGLNS you might remember me from such exciting meet ups as scaring the pants on @ThatNickGuy by using a phone book, deer god how much scotch can one hobo drink over lunch with @checkeredhat and the exciting double feature of lets eat Chinese food with small children and @Eriol and @Dirona featuring @Squidleybits

I live in the woods outside Halifax, some people call me Hugh. Others hunky hobo.

Krisken

Krisken

But...but...board games...right?
Ok, I'd get together for board games. Tricksy!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20140801_183243.jpg
20140518_144056.jpg

Telephius

Telephius

Sean- Winnipeg, Manitoba

strawman

strawman

stienman (Adam Davis)
Ann Arbor, michigan

Met with @darkaudit, @BErt, @PatrThom, and@Enresshou in Ann Arbor summer 2013.

We went for snacks and drinks at a local watering hole near the university of michigan diag. I don't recall any other details, but I drove at least a few people from one place to the bar. Either to avoid parking fees, or because I wasn't drinking. Or we did something before the bar. Much laughter.

I've got a blurry picture or two somewhere. Let me check photobucket...

Bowielee

Bowielee

Bowielee (Dale Anderson)- Superior, WI

Never met anyone from the boards, but had he not left the area, @MindDetective probably would have been one of my professors right now.

I do think there are enough people in mid to northern Wisconsin on the boards that it would be entirely plausible to have a Wisconsin meet up.

Gared

Gared

Chris, Fredrickson, WA (suburb of a suburb of Tacoma).

I've met @Hylian, had him round for dinner and Cards Against Humanity one evening a few months back, it was a blast. Next time we'll order pizza though, that soup took a lot longer than I remembered and I burnt the hell out of my hands on the bread. Oh, and I still have most of a container of spicy teriyaki seaweed strips, though now that I mentioned them, they sound tasty.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm Bruce, and I live hear Houston, TX.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Chris in Murrieta, CA. About an hour from San Diego and about an hour-fifteen or so from LA. Haven't met anyone, though apparently I was hours away from a few folks when I was living in Atlanta.

Timmus

Timmus

Tim, Nelson BC Canada, soon to be in Tianjin China.

Met with @Terrik in Shanghai. He drank Guinness with my dad and I at an Irish pub there that no longer exists.

He's a pretty cool cat and I think he's got all the pictures.

No plans to visit any other cities that I know of. Where does @bhamv3 live? I might go there at some point.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Oh I should be in CA, VA, and NJ/southern PA in late April or early May. We haven't solidified plans yet other than I know I will be in VA on May 9 for my commencement. :D

klew

klew

Kevin, in San Rafael, CA, about 20 miles north of San Francisco

Terrik

Terrik

Met with @Terrik in Shanghai. He drank Guinness with my dad and I at an Irish pub there that no longer exists.

No plans to visit any other cities that I know of. Where does @bhamv3 live? I might go there at some point.
Heh, so I apparently do.

IMG_7614.JPG

IMG_7616.JPG

IMG_7617.JPG

IMG_7618.JPG

IMG_7619.JPG

What a great night that was. I never would have thought I'd meet up with a halforumite in China. You should have gotten to Tianjin earlier Timmus. I definitely would have gone back up to Tianjin. Kinda wonder how that place has changed since I last lived there.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Ken Severin, I live in Raeford, North Carolina I have a house and anybody from the forums is welcome any time. I have met Mrs. Poptart....I did not try to steal her spawn but was merely enjoying the time out. I have also met Mrs Kagsin who was a lovely person even if she didn't watch my show and cheer me on! @Officer Charon I will be at a Georgia Southern Game next weekend.

PatrThom

PatrThom

As should come as little to no surprise, my name is Patrick, and I am currently transitioning from living in SE MI to SW MI.

--Patrick

Timmus

Timmus

Heh, so I apparently do.

What a great night that was. I never would have thought I'd meet up with a halforumite in China. You should have gotten to Tianjin earlier Timmus. I definitely would have gone back up to Tianjin. Kinda wonder how that place has changed since I last lived there.
There was another dude around Beijing or something that used to be pretty prolific wasn't there?

Terrik

Terrik

There was another dude around Beijing or something that used to be pretty prolific wasn't there?
Oh right, Mr_thehun

Timmus

Timmus

Oh right, Mr_thehun
That's the one.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I have met Mrs. Poptart....I did not try to steal her spawn but was merely enjoying the time out.
Ok it wasn't stealing. We got separated in the museum. Lily was in a stroller, so I had to take her on the elevator. Noah wanted to take the stairs with Ken. They went downstairs and we went upstairs. The building we were in is pretty small, too, so it didn't take long to run into one another again. And Ken was concerned that he would have a crying kid on his hands if he didn't find me soon enough (but Noah really liked him since he's "an Army guy" so it wasn't really a problem).
It was a nice morning outing. Ken is a great guy, honestly. Lily doesn't remember him since she was only about 2, but Noah still knows he's Mommy's friend that skydives. Ken had posted some pictures at one point, but they may have been purged from the board with server changes. I think I had saved them on an external hard drive that has since croaked.
I still feel like I owe you a nicer lunch, @Docseverin.

phil

phil

I live in Dallas. I know Chibium (sp?) Lives here as well.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm Bruce, and I live hear Houston, TX.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I live in Taipei, and you're all welcome to stop by for a cup of bubble milk tea any time you want. :)

Even if you're one of them filthy commie sympathizers from across the Strait!

(I'm kidding, don't worry, I know you commie sympathizers are cool)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Oh I should be in CA, VA, and NJ/southern PA in late April or early May. We haven't solidified plans yet other than I know I will be in VA on May 9 for my commencement. :D
I don't know how tight your schedule is, but if you'd like to grab a cup of coffee (or pork roll) when you're around NJ, I'd be up for that. :)

I live in Taipei, and you're all welcome to stop by for a cup of bubble milk tea any time you want. :)
I hope this offer doesn't expire; the Z Clan is supposed to be returning to Taipei next year.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Joe, Houston TX, the Galleria, (moving to Nashville, TN in November), and I'd meet up with any of ya Texans no matter what I've wrote on the forums before

Emrys

Emrys

Peggy in the middle of nowhere south of Saskatoon, SK.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

What's this what's happening now?

Derek, Toronto, Ontario.
Met up with HCGLNS downtown Toronto for a beer and some food once.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Jon, Buffalo, NY

I haven't met with anyone and its really lame of me. I live close to all the Southern Ontario people and theres a solid chance I've walked past @HowDroll without even noticing, just from going to the same school for a few years.

Krisken

Krisken

Beer. Definitely beer. We have some excellent establishments in Milwaukee (Stubby's is fantastic and shouldn't be missed) and I'd love to grab some beer with you folks.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You know, I've never been down to the Point Brewery tour... they do have tours, right?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

A HOBO ADVENTURE
When Nick met a hobo.

Several years ago @ThatNickGuy was returning to his parents home in Halifax to spend the Christmas holidays. An adventurous hobo took it upon himself to call Nick up and arrange some adventures. After a brief discussion with Nicks lovely mother, he warily answered the phone.

"Hello Nick, this is HCGLNS calling. You mentioned that you were in Halifax for the holidays and wondered if you want to have some adventures? "

I suddenly detected a strong smell and panicked tone reverberating from the telephone as Nick gasped in fear, " OH MY GOD! HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER? ARE YOU STALKING ME?!"
To which I calmly replied. "Relax Nick. I simply guessed that your parents share your last name and use a device called a phone book to obtain this number. "

Having assuaged his tremors we made arrangements to share food and beverages at a local watering hole known as Jack Astors.

Upon entering the establishment I was immediately greeted by a bubbly hostess, " Good evening Mr Hobo! Table for four?"

"No thank you, I'm meeting a gentleman tonight. Table for two at the bar will suffice. "

Upon receiving a fine table in the bar, a waitress approached and said,

"Good evening Mr Hobo. My name is Buxom. Would you like your usual?"

"Not tonight thank you, I'm driving. Just coffee please. "

"Milk cream or sugar?"

"Jack Daniels. And to start four of those unlimited garlic bread and for my main a full rack of ribs."

Nick eventually arrived and took his seat at the table. We made our introductions and Buxom quickly returned and asked for Nicks drink order.

"I'd like a Blue Lite please. "

Now for some reason the sound system in the restaurant skipped and many patrons were staring at us. Buxom her cleavage visibly deflated asked resigningly if a Keith's lite would suffice. She then offered many suggestions from the vegetarian section of the menu that Nick might enjoy.

After finishing our meal we made our way over to a book store called Chapters. Upon entering our noted author Nick was treated like royalty and appeared several inches taller. After a few minutes one of the several employees servicing Nick approached me and politely spoke.

"Excuse me sir, could you please refrain from pointing and laughing at the Starbucks patrons. Is there a book I could help you with?"

"No thanks I'll just go play with the Thomas train set."

Several hours later Nick finished his Warpoling and we headed long to our final destination, an electronics store called Best Buy.

Immediately upon entering the store several young male employees bolted from my sight, while a man with a very nice beard and a managers nametag approached me.

"Hello sir you look like a husband with a list from his wife."

"Indeed I do have a list from my wife. I require the following ..."

So myself being treated by a competent employee, the young male employees attempted to regroup but they were TOO SLOW! A vibrant young female employee named Chesty had swooped down on Nick and the two of them began a vigorous courtship over the video game selection.

Eventually I drove an exhausted and sated Nick home.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Government name is Samantha, most people call me Sam. I live in Chicago right now, although I've been sort of dreaming lately about moving to San Francisco.

I've hung out/gotten obscenely drunk with @ElJuski and @BananaHands a bunch of times. Wouldn't recommend it -- ElJuski smells weird and BH is a vegan. They have both decided they were too cool for Chicago and moved to opposite coasts, so I doubt I'll be seeing much of them anymore (or at least until Juski needs another wedding date.)

I don't have any pics with BH, but I'm sure most of you old-timers remember the infamous dickerdoodle photo shoot with Juice. He somehow managed to convince a school to let him work with children, so I won't re-post them without his permission, but here's a picture of him as a bunny:

And hanging out with some hot zombie bitch:

Timmus

Timmus

Even if you're one of them filthy commie sympathizers from across the Strait!

(I'm kidding, don't worry, I know you commie sympathizers are cool)
I think my staff hockey team might be playing a few games there actually.

Terrik

Terrik

By the way, I live in New Port Richey (near Tampa) Florida if anyone is ever in the area.

ElJuski

ElJuski

That Halloween was good times. Remember the girl bunny, Sam? Her friends were totally not havin' it with a manbunny shmoozing up to her (but ain't that the way it always goes?)

The real name is Darius, but my street name is D$ (and a student accidentally called me Mr. Juicy once before). Sam is my stand-by Chiraq wedding wedding date partner, and useful when trying to troll or bait nerd boys with her charm, Westerosi knowledge and donk-a-donk.

I lived with @BananaHands, where, together, we accidentally destroyed the Catholic Haiti Connection charity group through our slightly skewed from the mission line objective of getting laid (again...ain't that the way it always goes?). Together, BH and I have ostracized friends and co-workers, karaoke'd "Sailing Away", succumbed to either black mold poisoning or bed bugs, and played some Smash. Just a little bit. Just to see how it felt.

It felt right.

I also went to a few shows with Vagabond out at the 9:30 Club, where he saw face first the giant drunk egotrip typing right now.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I don't know how tight your schedule is, but if you'd like to grab a cup of coffee (or pork roll) when you're around NJ, I'd be up for that. :)
That would be great. When I have a better idea of when & where were going to be, you and I can see about making plans. I haven't been "home" in almost 9 years, so a pork roll sandwich and diner coffee sounds good.

Espy

Espy

Stephen, live in Minneapolis, MN. I don't think I've ever met anyone from the forum in RL but I'm always open to it and I never turn down an opportunity to grab a beer and nerd it up.

Krisken

Krisken

You know, I've never been down to the Point Brewery tour... they do have tours, right?
I'm not sure, really. I've only done the Lakefront (twice) and two others on the river. Would like to do a couple more though :)

HowDroll

HowDroll

That Halloween was good times. Remember the girl bunny, Sam? Her friends were totally not havin' it with a manbunny shmoozing up to her (but ain't that the way it always goes?)
There's nothing like seeing a grown-ass dude in a bunny costume desperately trying to get laid.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

My name is Matt, though even my friends call me Poe, and I live in Florida, which is exactly near none of you.

Simfers

Simfers

Now now, on a cosmic scale, we're practically all sharing a room.

Terrik

Terrik

My name is Matt, though even my friends call me Poe, and I live in Florida, which is exactly near none of you.
Ahem.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Well a few months ago you were about as far away as possible.

Terrik

Terrik

Well a few months ago you were about as far away as possible.
Now, we are in America's wang together.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Stephen, live in Minneapolis, MN. I don't think I've ever met anyone from the forum in RL but I'm always open to it and I never turn down an opportunity to grab a beer and nerd it up.
I'm only 2 hours north of you :p

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Now, we are in America's wang together.
Awwwkward...

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, they're ready to inseminate Cuba, then?

Espy

Espy

Well sure, technically, but like I'm going to cross the border into Wisconsin. :p

fade

fade

Jack
Houston, TX
Never met anyone, despite living in the same small town as CajunGal for 5 years. Kind of wonder if we ever met and didn't know it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

@HCGLNS, that's a damn lie!

I would never drink that moose swill. I only drink Keith's.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Jack
Houston, TX
Never met anyone, despite living in the same small town as CajunGal for 5 years. Kind of wonder if we ever met and didn't know it.
I feel like we must have.

Krisken

Krisken

Well sure, technically, but like I'm going to cross the border into Wisconsin. :p
You totally should. We would have a great time :)

Zappit

Zappit

Sean. Massachusetts. I think I'm the only New Englander here.

Far

Far

Kyle, New Westminister, BC as of Monday.

I believe that will put @grub and I fairly close.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Jeff Brown, I live in Lufkin, Tx which is about 2 hours north of Pez, and I've actually passed by his school several times.

Never met anyone, but have been close while in Houston and passed near CG while traveling to LSU to watch softball.

Jay

Jay

By the way, I live in New Port Richey (near Tampa) Florida if anyone is ever in the area.
WHAT IS YOUR NAME[DOUBLEPOST=1409490842,1409490731][/DOUBLEPOST]
The real name is Darius
Where do you live?[DOUBLEPOST=1409491216][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated the list. Kindly double-check your info.

Terrik

Terrik

Where do you live?
My name is Steve :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

stop by for a cup of bubble milk
:unibrow:

Robin, Brussels, Belgium, Europe, Rest of the World, Earth.

haven't met anyone to the best of my knowledge. @Amorous Eyes and whatshisnamethegermanoneIcanneverrememberdammit are probably the closest two forum members still active - mathk29 or something like that was actually in my city but he's long one.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Where do you live?[DOUBLEPOST=1409491216][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated the list. Kindly double-check your info.
Washington DC, yo

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Real name is Christa. I live in Logan, Utah. Which is in the middle of nowhere in the US, but I have met @Adam, @Docseverin and @BananaHands !

Adam passed through on his 'Halforumite Tour' and we went to dinner. I felt bad making him come all the way out here to meet up with me! But I was really happy he did. He's a really nice guy and easy to get a long with. I enjoyed our conversation and I didn't feel as awkward as I thought I would - awkward because of me and me being normally awkward not because of the situation. The most hilarious thing was that the server thought we were married, so he asked like, you know, couple-y type questions and we were just all 'Um..no?'. But, he was really awesome and he gave me a hug! :D

Docseverin came to do an air show at the base an hour south of me, so he generously got me some free passes to the show. I went and picked them up the day before..or maybe it was two, I don't remember. Regardless, I went and picked them up from him and he's a very sweet guy! We only talked/chatted for about 15 minutes in his hotel room. I did coerce him into showing me all of his tattoos, he has an AMAZING back piece that he let me see. I did miss the air show :( I was stuck in traffic, just to get in, for over an hour. I was really sad about that. But, I'm glad I got to see him and talk to him for a little bit. I imagine the world would've imploded from our coolness level if we had spent anymore more time together. He's just that cool.

Bananahands came through on his moving trek across the country. It was kind of hard for us to meet up - I'm at the like...the very very top of Utah, I'm 15 minutes away from the Idaho border. Anyway, he was going through down in Richfield, which is quite a ways from me. But it was close to where my cos-sister lives, so I went and stayed the night with her, and met Bananahands the next day. He wanted to go hiking, so he picked a hike that was ABSOLUTELY in the middle nowhere! But it's okay, he didn't try to murder me. So, we went on our hike and it was a lot of fun! I had a great time talking with him about a lot of topics, climbing on the boulders and just enjoying the hiking trail. After the hike we went for lunch and then he went on his way. (We took a couple of pictures, but they're in his possession so I have no control weather they get posted or not.)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Docseverin came [...] generously [...] I went and picked them up [...] maybe it was two [...] I don't remember. [...] about 15 minutes in his hotel room. I did coerce him [...] showing me all of his tattoos, [...] AMAZING [...] piece that he let me see.
I know it might be my creepy side playing up, but somehow, despite me knowing (well, okay, assuming based on trusting your description of events and all that) it was a perfectly innocent meet-up, this post just made bad '80s porn music play in the back of my head.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Southeast TX / Louisiana crew should all meet up at Lake Charles and hit up the casinos :)

Bowielee

Bowielee

I would pay for a DVD of Charlie and Gas meeting in person.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I would pay for a DVD of Charlie and Gas meeting in person.
Only if I get to referee.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

We actually agree on more than y'all think!

Espy

Espy

Yeah, my guess is Charlie and Gas at a casino would end up with 2 drunk broke dudes passed out on the front lawn rather than a political discussion.

Just Me

Just Me

and whatshisnamethegermanoneIcanneverrememberdammit
You probably mean @LordRendar , not me.

Ingo, Nuremberg (more or less).
Feel free to give me a shout when you are anywhere close'ish.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I did mean LordRendar. I always confuse him with General Specific, because of the titles, and then I just remember something about Schadenfreude because that's his tagline. *sigh*.

Not sure which one of you is closer, actually?[DOUBLEPOST=1409523553,1409523420][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, two years ago, when my girlfriend flipped our car upside down on the highway, that was pretty close to Nuremberg. Must've been karma for not stopping in :)

Just Me

Just Me

Actually, two years ago, when my girlfriend flipped our car upside down on the highway, that was pretty close to Nuremberg. Must've been karma for not stopping in :)
Nah, as quiet as I am how should you have known!

Shakey

Shakey

Bowielee (Dale Anderson)- Superior, WI

Never met anyone from the boards, but had he not left the area, @MindDetective probably would have been one of my professors right now.

I do think there are enough people in mid to northern Wisconsin on the boards that it would be entirely plausible to have a Wisconsin meet up.
I was just there this weekend. I'm only a couple hours West of you. We rode the train in Duluth and did the touristy stuff in canal park. We even snuck over to superior for a little bit.

Real name is Tim, from around Brainerd, MN. Never met anyone from the forum.

Jay

Jay

Wie heisst du?[DOUBLEPOST=1409585654,1409585527][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated the list.

Just Me

Just Me

Wie heisst du?
Ups, ein Missverständnis. - Oh, a misunderstanding

Name's Ingo, place is Nuremberg

Adam

Adam

And I'm only 4 hours north of you.

Bowielee

Bowielee

And I'm only 4 hours north of you.
You must be in Thunder Bay.

Adam

Adam

You must be in Thunder Bay.
Winnipeg.

Dirona

Dirona

Kathleen, Southwest Newfoundland. (It's a small-ass town, and there are some things that don't need to show up on google searches.)

I've met @HCGLNS and @Squidleybits as part of the move across the country.
Almost met Jay... stupid Montreal traffic.
Never met @Adam, despite living in the Okanagan for a bit... and apparently missed @Timmus too.
And met @Emrys (and the Doomweasles) for nog when we lived in Saskatchewan.

I have no pictures to prove any of this, and I ain't travelling again anytime soon. Except maybe to St. John's where I think @LittleSin is.

Piotyr

Piotyr

My name is Kevin (which seems quite popular here), and I live in Midlothian, Illinois, a suburb southwest of Chicago. Saying I live in Chicago is a misnomer, since I can't even really see it from my house.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Also, for the record, Chicago is probably my favorite US major city and I get down there usually around once a year.

Krisken

Krisken

Also, for the record, Chicago is probably my favorite US major city and I get down there usually around once a year.
I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here and guess Chicago Comic Con.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here and guess Chicago Comic Con.
Nope, The Midwest Psychological Association annual conference.

Krisken

Krisken

Nope, The Midwest Psychological Association annual conference.
Huh. You really should consider it :D

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Why? They have no idea how to make pizza there... *ducks*

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

:popcorn:

Piotyr

Piotyr

Sounds like the opinion of someone who thinks Chicago only makes deep-dish pizza.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Sounds like the opinion of someone who thinks Chicago only makes deep-dish pizza.
In all seriousness, and in all fairness, I've never been to Chicago...

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I've been to both. I can find better New York style pizza locally (in Ohio) from guys who've been open since the early 50's and I won't have to pay out the ass for it or wait an hour just to place an order. Turns out that all you need to get great pizza is a strong family tradition of making great pizza?

Good luck finding deep dish though.

Jay

Jay

I was supposed to introduce @Adam to the best Napoletan pizza in North America but apparently he brought that shitty B.C weather with him.

This thread has been updated.

In a week or so, Jay-stats will appear.

It may be amusing... for some.

Adam

Adam

From @LittleKagsin and @Adam, to you, the people of Halforums:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

D'aww! Memories! :D

Adam

Adam

D'aww!!! Even the waiter said you were worth waiting for ;)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Indeed he did! One of the many times he insinuated our couple status.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

D'aww!!! Even the waiter said you were worth waiting for ;)
To be fair, she totally is.

Am on my phone, but picture a flirty and sassy .gif here.

Adam

Adam

To be fair, she totally is.

Am on my phone, but picture a flirty and sassy .gif here.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... less sassy, more flirty...

Adam

Adam

Jay

Jay

aeRfk.gif

Emrys

Emrys

Hey, hey, hey! @LittleKagsin is mine.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey now, Tigger isn't a doomweasel.

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

Matt & Dill (@dill616), West Columbia, SC

Have not met anyone.

strawman

strawman

stienman (Adam Davis)
Ann Arbor, michigan

Met with @darkaudit, @BErt, @PatrThom, and@Enresshou in Ann Arbor summer 2013.

We went for snacks and drinks at a local watering hole near the university of michigan diag. I don't recall any other details, but I drove at least a few people from one place to the bar. Either to avoid parking fees, or because I wasn't drinking. Or we did something before the bar. Much laughter.

I've got a blurry picture or two somewhere. Let me check photobucket...
From left to right:
BErt, darkaudit, PatrThom, Enresshou, stienman

HalforumsMichiganMeetup.JPG

Adam

Adam

This feels me with such joy you have no idea.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Aw, I wanna do a big meet up with everyone. :(

Looks like it was a lot of fun!

(Although, I imagine if I did ever go to a big meet up - I would just float to the background cause I am shy. :oops:)

Adam

Adam

Aw, I wanna do a big meet up with everyone. :(

Looks like it was a lot of fun!

(Although, I imagine if I did ever go to a big meet up - I would just float to the background cause I am shy. :oops:)
SO SHY

BErt

That was a lot of fun - look how happy I am to be there!

...I don't know why I have constant doofus face in pictures :confused:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

@Adam I do okay 1 on 1 but in groups I just sit there, I'm easily intimidated - I was intimidated by you even. :) It's like when I'm on vent and so are a bunch of other people, I barely say anything because PEOPLE.

PatrThom

PatrThom

@Adam I do okay 1 on 1 but in groups I just sit there, I'm easily intimidated - I was intimidated by you even. :) It's like when I'm on vent and so are a bunch of other people, I barely say anything because PEOPLE.
You realize you've just doomed yourself at any meet-up, right?
alex-puppy-1.gif

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

I totally want to do a big cosplay meet up, but I probably won't travel to out of area cons until my daughter is older, because my husband has no interest, and I have to drag him kicking and screaming to Denver Comic Con. (Which is 4 days over Memorial Day weekend this year >.>)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

@PatrThom , haha! Are you all going to pester me now if we meet up? Also, AW PUPPIES!! :heart:

@Dei , you KNOW I would be onboard with that! :D Wee cosplay!

Jay

Jay

Updated.

Mathias

Mathias

Matt. Philadelphia PA

Can't say I've ever met any of you knuckleheads.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I am also shy. In the event that we both end up at the same Halforums meetup, I propose we sit in two different corners of the room and just sip our drinks in silence.

Also, we should make sure we don't sit in opposite corners, because otherwise we might end up having a staring contest.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm not shy, but I am very aware of how boring I am. I'm definitely better on paper/screen than in real life.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I am also shy. In the event that we both end up at the same Halforums meetup, I propose we sit in two different corners of the room and just sip our drinks in silence.

Also, we should make sure we don't sit in opposite corners, because otherwise we might end up having a staring contest.
YES.

Here, I'll just face the wall, then I won't cause any trouble.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'm not shy, but I am very aware of how boring I am. I'm definitely better on paper/screen than in real life.
This feel, I know it.

Frank

Frank

I have the opposite problem, with all but a very select few people I am terrible one on one. Group settings are where I shine.

Fear of intimacy I suppose.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'm not shy. I'm just not good with groups. I either feel like I'm interrupting conversations or that I don't get a chance to talk until someone is already changing the subject. I'm better at listening than talking anyway.

grub

grub

I think there are a lot of introverts on here and am trying to picture a room full of corners for people to awkwardly hide in.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That's why our next meetup is in the Oval Office.
Nah. Too many people will start talking about whisper chambers, and it'll either draw them out or pair them up around the periphery.

--Patrick

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Christopher Bumblewski
Sacramento, CA

I haven't met anyone yet because you all hate me.
I'm hoping to meet up with @BananaHands at Disneyland in the beginning of 2015. So here's hoping to have that to look forward to, y'all.

Terrik

Terrik

Christopher Bumblewski
Sacramento, CA

I'm hoping to meet up with @BananaHands at Disneyland in the beginning of 2015. So here's hoping to have that to look forward to, y'all.

Disneyland? Pfft.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Disneyland? Pfft.
Well, I'm going to Disney World in May 2015.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Disneyland? Pfft.
When the flappity doo da did you leave the land of the future?

Terrik

Terrik

When the flappity doo da did you leave the land of the future?
3 weeks ago or so. Did you not sense my presence on the wind?

Celt Z

Celt Z

Terrik almost didn't make it. Customs found the pandas he was hiding in his luggage.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Terrik almost didn't make it. Customs found the pandas he was hiding in his luggage.
Fortunately he was able to bribe them with some rhino horn, tiger penis, and shark fin.

Mmmm... tiger penis.

fade

fade

Is that a sexual "mmm" or a taste "mmm"?

Or both?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Is that a sexual "mmm" or a taste "mmm"?

Or both?
He's just humming.

--Patrick

Timmus

Timmus

He's just humming.

--Patrick
Popular local folk song.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Christopher Bumblewski
Sacramento, CA

Yeah, what's the exact date of that??

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Yeah, what's the exact date of that??
We'll be there January 11-15th. The best days to meet, for us, would probably be the 12-14th, but just let me know what works best for you, if any!

BananaHands

BananaHands

We'll be there January 11-15th. The best days to meet, for us, would probably be the 12-14th, but just let me know what works best for you, if any!
During the week is tough because I'm usually 9-6:30 on those days, but I'll be in Santa Monica and could probably just drive and meet y'all?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

During the week is tough because I'm usually 9-6:30 on those days, but I'll be in Santa Monica and could probably just drive and meet y'all?
If you're able to get there even for, say, just dinner or something, it'll be my treat. I wouldn't want you to go through any craziness if your schedule won't allow it, we go to disneyland a couple times a year.
I'll try to see what out there is vegan for you, buddy :)

Enresshou

Enresshou

Christopher Bumblewski
Sacramento, CA

I'll actually be visiting back home (SF Bay Area) from Dec 17th-Jan 2nd. Don't know if you'd want to grab a beer/say 'hi'/meet up somewhere along the way, but I didn't realize another Halforumite was semi-local to where I used to live! :)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

If you're able to get there even for, say, just dinner or something, it'll be my treat. I wouldn't want you to go through any craziness if your schedule won't allow it, we go to disneyland a couple times a year.
We're actually heading to DL in the middle of May this coming year.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'll actually be visiting back home (SF Bay Area) from Dec 17th-Jan 2nd. Don't know if you'd want to grab a beer/say 'hi'/meet up somewhere along the way, but I didn't realize another Halforumite was semi-local to where I used to live! :)
Definitely! That would be awesome, whereabouts are you gonna be? I only ever go to SF for a concert or show, so I'm not too familiar with the city itself, just the surrounding areas lol.

We're actually heading to DL in the middle of May this coming year.
My girlfriends birthday is in May, so there's a high probability of going around then :)

BananaHands

BananaHands

...I'm no longer vegan. :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emrys

Emrys

:eek:

Dun dun duuuunnnn!

Dave

Dave

WHAT?!? You know how much I worried about that during your visit? I had so many things planned until your vegan self came in. Next time you come through I got places to show you now!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

WHAT?!? You know how much I worried about that during your visit? I had so many things planned until your vegan self came in. Next time you come through I got places to show you now!
Dave's gonna shove SO MUCH MEAT IN YOUR FACE!

Emrys

Emrys

Dave's gonna shove SO MUCH MEAT IN YOUR FACE!
:eek:

:popcorn:

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

image.jpg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Get him to an In 'n Out Burger STAT!

PatrThom

PatrThom

So...just vegetarian, then?

--Patrick

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Get him to an In 'n Out Burger STAT!
Hes been in LA for a good number of months now.. If @BananaHands hasn't had in n out burger yet, I don't know if I want to meet him anymore.

klew

klew

I am of the north bay.

BananaHands

BananaHands

So...just vegetarian, then?

--Patrick
Nah. I believe in nothing anymore.

Gimme all the bacon and In n' Out.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Nah. I believe in nothing anymore.

Gimme all the bacon and In n' Out.
And don't call him Greg. In L.A., he's known as G-Nanners

BananaHands

BananaHands

And don't call him Greg. In L.A., he's known as G-Nanners
G-Nanners and C-Bumbles tearin' it up.[DOUBLEPOST=1418322159,1418322126][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it's time you just come to LA and we can eat all the meat.

fade

fade

I like the idea of vegan and vegetarian lifestyles. It's just too bad they're practiced by vegans and vegetarians. :troll:

BananaHands

BananaHands

I like the idea of vegan and vegetarian lifestyles. It's just too bad they're practiced by vegans and vegetarians. :troll:
I still eat mostly vegan - I just was tired of limiting myself in a new city.

Gusto

Gusto

I just want to eat everything.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

@Enresshou
I realize it's fairly late notice, but I may be able to head to the Bay Area on Monday! Any chance you're available at some point, maybe grab a bite or a drink?

Enresshou

Enresshou

@Enresshou
I realize it's fairly late notice, but I may be able to head to the Bay Area on Monday! Any chance you're available at some point, maybe grab a bite or a drink?
Ahhhh, dammit! Sorry, Bumble, I didn't check the forums for a few days. Pretty much everybody in my family (including me) got sick, so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea anyways...

I should be back sometime in the next year, though, so I will definitely message you when I'm going back again.

BananaHands

BananaHands

@Bumble the Boy Wonder When are you in town again?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

@Bumble the Boy Wonder When are you in town again?
Monday through Thursday next week!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Wait we have people in LA? That means there's only one big, ugly, horrible thing separating us!

The 91.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Monday through Thursday next week!
kk see u then <3

PatrThom

PatrThom

Just wanted to put this in the official thread for such things.

I'm in the SF Bay, CA area until mid-June, so if someone wants to hook up for an In-N-Out or may be just a quick bowl of Rice-A-Roni before then, lemme know and I'll try to work something out.

--Patrick

MindDetective

MindDetective

I'm in the SF Bay, CA area until mid-June, so if someone wants to hook up for an In-N-Out or may be just a quick bowl of Rice-A-Roni before then, lemme know and I'll try to work something out.

--Patrick
I am about 6 hours north but not really in any position to get away any time soon.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Anybody near Keesler AFB in Biloxi Miss. is more than welcome to come out and watch the Black Demonstration Team perform on the weekend of the 28th.

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

--Patrick
YTWiIlS.gif

Wait... those ARE euphemisms, right?

David

David

Wait... a lot of people are in the general LA/Orange county area and I've only ever met Shawnacy. If anyone else wants to come meet with me I'm totally down and I will draw a bad sketch of you.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

One week and 15 minutes to go before I depart for NYC. Headed back home on Thursday the 18th. Other than the Mets game on the 16th and Seth Meyers on the 17th, my schedule is mostly open. I'll get to the sights I wanna see when I get to them

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I will be in Dallas next week while my oldest and best friend has open heart surgery. So if anyone in the area wants to say hi and grab a drink I will likely need several at some point.

Also with the trip being short notice I'm using airbnb, so if I don't come back avenge my death.
I'll wave at ya from 140 miles south.

strawman

strawman

I'll be in Dallas the week after Christmas and can probably grab a drink or bite to eat if anyone wants to visit.

fade

fade

I'm in South Carolina today through the 22nd. Central part near Columbia.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

So near, and yet so far... :/

papachronos

papachronos

I will be in Manning, SC from the 23rd-26th. Soooo close.

But it seems a sizeable portion of you live in Michigan, as I do now. Michigan meetup after the holidays?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hmmmmaybe?

--Patrick

BErt

Very yes. We need another MI meet up

jwhouk

jwhouk

One state over and an entire Great Lake away... though in a turn of cruel irony, I am currently closer to it than I ever was in my former life in SEWI.

BErt

Sounds like you're ready for a road trip

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I was in Ann Arbor Nov 9 through the 11th, but my meeting was super-intense (all day, catered food), and I didn't even leave the hotel except to eat at a local restaurant the night before. I thought about you crazy bastards though.

Enresshou

Enresshou

I'll be back in Michigan on January 11th, and I'd love to get together with all y'all again.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I just need at least 2-3weeks' advance notice to put in for the time, please.

--Patrick

BErt

I think I need to play Exploding Kittens tonight...@stienman @PatrThom where my boys at?

Edit, why can't I @ stienman?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Edit, why can't I @ stienman?
Because you can't precede a callout with a period...@bert @BErt otherwise it tries to parse as email address.
And I'm at work tonight until 7:30p and my father-in-law has to be at the airport by 8:30 and being an adult is underrated.

--Patrick

BErt

Ah ok, thanks. Well we'll have to do it again another night when you're available. It's a fun game. @stienman, whatchu guys up to tonight?

Enresshou

Enresshou

Not @stienman and can't play tonight, but I'm down for another get-together soon. Anybody up for a late January/early February hangout?

strawman

strawman

Ah ok, thanks. Well we'll have to do it again another night when you're available. It's a fun game. @stienman, whatchu guys up to tonight?
I try to reserve most of my Sunday with my family, so even if I had seen this in time I probably would declined and suggested another time.

Haven't tried exploding kittens yet, so:

I'm down for another get-together soon. Anybody up for a late January/early February hangout?
Yes, lets!

Jay

Jay

You fuckers need to come to Montreal.

I only met @Adam and even then it was underwhelming.

BErt

There are more of us, you come to MI. I promise you won't get stabbed.

strawman

strawman

It's only a ten hour drive, then you can meet four of us at once, and attain a new level of underwhelment.

image.jpeg
[DOUBLEPOST=1453257848,1453257794][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are more of us, you come to MI. I promise you won't get stabbed.
Great minds think alike (and idiots seldom differ...).

PatrThom

PatrThom

Great minds think alike (and idiots seldom differ...).
I think I suggested the same drive.
Can't find the post atm, though.

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

I have the better food options.

/checkmate

strawman

strawman

I have the better food options.

/checkmate
Toronto is even larger than Montreal, implying an even wider range of food options, is halfway between us, and may even boast another halforumsperson.

I suggest a compromise.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

AA has Zingerman's. :)

Adam

Adam

Aww :( to me, it was the greatest tuesday of my life.

strawman

strawman

it was the greatest tuesday of my life.
You're just hyping it up so we go to Montreal rather than make him come here. Must've drugged your poutine.

Bones

Bones

Aww :( to me, it was the greatest tuesday of my life.
to him the greatest day of his life, but...

Jay

Jay

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Can't you guys afford ketchup?

Enresshou

Enresshou

AA has Zingerman's. :)
This. This right here. All you need to know is a sandwich shop in the middle of a college town charges $15+ for a sandwich and they still have a 30+ minute wait during the middle of a Midwestern winter.

strawman

strawman

Jay

Jay

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodandd...no-longer-qualifies-as-ketchup-in-Israel.html

21% tomatoes, 79% sugar and preservatives... yeash....
I'm sorry, as one who's had the privilege to enjoy both authentic options (Heinz and actual Quebec poutine) I'll stick to the superior solution, gravy and cheese curds.
If you feel otherwise, get a round trip to Montreal and I'll personally show anyone otherwise.

PS : You can add REAL tomatoes to your poutine. YOU CAN ADD ANYTHING

jwhouk

jwhouk

I told you - Wisconsin Cheese Curds, Potato Wedges, and Sausage Gravy.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I told you - Wisconsin Cheese Curds, Potato Wedges, and Sausage Gravy.
"The Poutender"

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

The Great Poutender.

BErt

Hi, so... Michigan meet-up II is full-go for Saturday, Feb 13. If anyone in surrounding areas is available, you are more than welcome. Just PM me if you're interested and I'll add you to the private discussion - that's probably easiest to coordinate everything going forward. Hope to see you there!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Awww, you guys are getting together just in time for Valentine's Day! Make sure you bring enough flowers and chocolates for everyone! ;)

Enresshou

Enresshou

The Great Poutender.
There's a place in Ann Arbor that serves poutine. My favorite (due in large part to the name) is Vladimir Poutine.

strawman

strawman

There's a place in Ann Arbor that serves poutine. My favorite (due in large part to the name) is Vladimir Poutine.
Where is this restaurant? I must try it out!

papachronos

papachronos

I'd love to come (I'm in Rochester Hills) - but my wife's birthday is Feb 12, and then there's Valentine's Day. I don't think there could be a worse day for me to go somewhere not involving my wife :(

BTW, if any Michiganders are ever up this way, Rochester Mills Brewing Company serves poutine, and it's not half bad.

Enresshou

Enresshou

Where is this restaurant? I must try it out!
Hopcat (http://hopcat.com/food/ann-arbor). They're more of a "craft beer restaurant", but the food is still really tasty. :)

BErt

Awww, you guys are getting together just in time for Valentine's Day! Make sure you bring enough flowers and chocolates for everyone! ;)
No, you can't have pictures...

Celt Z

Celt Z

No, you can't have pictures...
Well, ruin my weekend, whydontcha. :(

BErt

Ok fine...FINE! Here is a rough approximation of the last get-together. I don't know why it's so enticing, it was really quite boring:
image.jpeg

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'd love to come (I'm in Rochester Hills) - but my wife's birthday is Feb 12, and then there's Valentine's Day. I don't think there could be a worse day for me to go somewhere not involving my wife :(
Bring her.
We'll let you.

--Patrick

BErt

Yes, do that... There isn't really any pilgrim sex going on. Although if she brings the hat then All. Bets. Are. Off.

strawman

strawman

My wife has asked if she's invited, so if someone else is bringing a friend, she will come too.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Woo hoo! Pilgrim hats for everyone!

Emrys

Emrys

Yowza! Take pictures! :unibrow:

papachronos

papachronos

Bring her.
We'll let you.

--Patrick
I appreciate the invitation, but we already have plans. Maybe next time!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PatrThom

PatrThom

I appreciate the invitation, but we already have plans. Maybe next time!
No problem. Just wanted to reassure that we wouldn't consider her a "burden."

--Patrick

BErt

...so is @ElJuski the only DC area peep we have here? I'm taking a baseball road trip next week and can meet up.

Also, didn't we just (kinda, but not really - it has been awhile) recently have a thing? Like at my house? Pretty sure a picture happened at that time *cough @stienman cough*

...apologies if I missed it, but I didn't see it posted

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm about 90 minutes outside of DC...my wife and met up with Celt Z for texmex once as she was passing through.

strawman

strawman

...so is @ElJuski the only DC area peep we have here? I'm taking a baseball road trip next week and can meet up.

Also, didn't we just (kinda, but not really - it has been awhile) recently have a thing? Like at my house? Pretty sure a picture happened at that time *cough @stienman cough*

...apologies if I missed it, but I didn't see it posted
image.jpeg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Thank you. I was worried I wouldn't ever be able to see what I missed.

--Patrick

BErt

Thank you. I was worried I wouldn't ever be able to see what I missed.

--Patrick
...we really just all stood there the whole time

strawman

strawman

...we really just all stood there the whole time
You might think he's kidding, but that's really all we did. Here's the entire evening - watch for the moment when @Enresshou's arm falls asleep about 45 minutes in.

MI_HalforumsMeetup.gif

Denbrought

Denbrought

I know that smile...

cainstein.gif

PatrThom

PatrThom

That is a remarkably well-behaved pooch.

--Patrick

Gared

Gared

We have anyone down in the San Diego / Escondido area? My wife and I are headed down there next week. She has to onboard a new employee, and I don't have a job and need a road trip - this way everyone is satisfied.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting @MindDetective

He hooked it up with some stuff to put in my mouth, and I got to see him control some of his minions. All in all, a rad dude!

Thanks buddy!

MindDetective

MindDetective

Proof:

Dave

Dave

I've met BananaHands and HowDroll. I need to meet more of you crazy fuckers. If I ever win the lottery I'll fly you all to me. So I better start buying those tickets.

Actually, if I win that much money I'll fly everyone to Turku to visit Mikko and meet his parents.

jwhouk

jwhouk

No worky linky.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Proof:

[403 - FORBIDDEN]
Eh?

--Patrick

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I can see it just fine, obviously he just doesn't want you two to see it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I can see it just fine, obviously he just doesn't want you two to see it.
Stop that or I'll reveal to everyone that your password is ******.

--Patrick

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY PASSWORD IS HUNTER3

Denbrought

Denbrought

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY PASSWORD IS HUNTER3
That's some vintage dank memeing right there.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Aged like a fine wine, and paired with only the best cheese.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Eh?

--Patrick
Weird. Is Google Drive blocked for you? Someone who can see it, feel free to re-upload it here. I can't on my tablet.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Ahhh. I see the problem.

Where the sharing file link is:

Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=xxxxxxxxxx
Convert to this to share as a pic:

Code:
http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=xxxxxxxxxx
Example: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9AJYQpA8CKFNWlBbGoxb3RYeHc

becomes this:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Weird. Is Google Drive blocked for you? Someone who can see it, feel free to re-upload it here. I can't on my tablet.
It's not blocked on my end, it's 403-forbidden, which means the server (i.e., Google Drive) has been instructed not to let me have it.
nope.gif

Ahhh. I see the problem.
Where the sharing file link is:
[ MEDIA=googledrive]xxxxxxxxxx[/MEDIA ]
or
https://drive.google.com/open?id=xxxxxxxxxx
Convert to this to share as a pic:
http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=xxxxxxxxxx
Example: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9AJYQpA8CKFNWlBbGoxb3RYeHc
becomes this:
[403 - FORBIDDEN]
Yeah that doesn't work either.

--Patrick

MindDetective

MindDetective

Let's try this, now that I'm on a computer.

DSC_0045.JPG

Dave

Dave

Heading down to the CWS to watch Doc jump. Gonna be hot as shit but I think we'll have fun. Going to try and see if we can find him afterwards and take him out for drunk-fest part 2.

It's funny the things you learn about people when you meet them.

• Doc is a really laid back, go with the flow kinda guy. I thought he'd be more intense.
  • His musical tastes are suspect. Well, to me at least. He and my wife share a lot of the same musical likes. They both love pop-style music. You know that song Friday or Party in the USA? Yeah,they both love them. They were sitting at the kitchen table singing "Lost Boy" by Ruth B. Doc can't sing. I'm just saying.
  • Doc is a normal dude with a big dick. He told me to say that. He's done a lot more in his life than a lot of us, but he's also very down to earth and doesn't think the things he's done is anything particularly special. He's uncomfortable with hero-worship and does not, in fact, have a guitar solo following him wherever he goes. Like Tywin Lannister, he does not shit gold. Basically what I'm saying is you can think he's the greatest thing ever, but keep it to yourself. He gets VERY uncomfortable with this stuff.
  • He had a dog that ran away. Fuck that dog.
Doc's a good dude, man. And my wife trying to keep up was amusing. Until 2 am when she was puking and passing out in the bathroom. But it was a good time.

Oh, and that makes three people I've met - two of them staying at my house - and so far I've killed no one.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Doc is a normal dude with a big dick. He told me to say that. He's done a lot more in his life than a lot of us, but he's also very down to earth and doesn't think the things he's done is anything particularly special. He's uncomfortable with hero-worship and does not, in fact, have a guitar solo following him wherever he goes. Like Tywin Lannister, he does not shit gold. Basically what I'm saying is you can think he's the greatest thing ever, but keep it to yourself. He gets VERY uncomfortable with this stuff.
@Docseverin might find this surprising, but I'm not really a psychopath, you're not really a geezer, @ThatNickGuy isn't really a lizard/armadillo hybrid, and @GasBandit isn't actually an Ewok (@Adam may however actually be the forum Madoff). However, we do all have certain characteristics which have been blown out of proportion on the forum until they've become entrenched in lore, and so that's what we talk about.
I don't think Doc needs to worry about filling his own shoes, he's just done stuff that makes the rest of us feel like our lives are humdrum banality, that's all. And so we give him crap (praise) about it.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm actually not a Cajun gal. *sobs* I'M CREOLE

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

@ThatNickGuy isn't really a lizard/armadillo hybrid,
Oh COME ON, man! That was meant to be a surprise! :mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1466217728,1466217641][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm actually not a Cajun gal. *sobs* I'M CREOLE
EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.

Table Flip.gif

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ah, yay! I'm glad you got to meet Doc, @Dave ! Sounds like a good time.

He's supposed to be headed my way next weekend. =^^=

Dei

Dei

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about Gas not being an ewok,

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about Gas not being an ewok,
I've seen pictures.

...not that picture, mind you.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

I've seen pictures.

...not that picture, mind you.

--Patrick
I have also seen (not that) pictures. I still think you are wrong.
;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nupa nupa, bitches.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Nupa nupa, bitches.

klew

klew

Going to Montreal this weekend, someone is near?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Going to Montreal this weekend, someone is near?
At least one that I know of, if he's feeling social.

--Patrick

Simfers

Simfers

Yeah, Jay's in Laval, which is BASICALLY Montreal.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Just like Milwaukee is BASICALLY Chicago?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Met with @Denbrought VERY briefly at my SCA event this weekend... I DEARLY wish that I'd had a chance to make it longer, but it was right before the field battles, and after all was said and done, I had obligations elsewhere.

Wish I'd had a chance to do the Den-Den dance with him. :(

Edit: Or had the presence of mind to take a freakin' picture. *headwheel*

Denbrought

Denbrought

Next time :D We'll just pencil it into the schedule for Fools War, if we both make it out there.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Next time :D We'll just pencil it into the schedule for Fools War, if we both make it out there.
Fool's is the other event I'm guaranteed to make, so hell yeah!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Awww man, I didn't realize that some people here are from Savannah. I was there last week for Thanksgiving.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dude, seriously? Man, I've been here since 03. We could have at least had a meet-and-greet, even if I'm usually too broke to do anything.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Yeah, although that might have been difficult. Family tend to fill up the dance card.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Yeah, although that might have been difficult. Family tend to fill up the dance card.
Who are YOU telling? *grins*

TNM

TNM

Dude, seriously? Man, I've been here since 03. We could have at least had a meet-and-greet, even if I'm usually too broke to do anything.
Oh nice we need to have a Ga meet in Savannah. I'm a couple of hours west on I-16 from you.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Oh nice we need to have a Ga meet in Savannah. I'm a couple of hours west on I-16 from you.
So... Near Macon? Because that's where the event was :p

TNM

TNM

So... Near Macon? Because that's where the event was :p
Aww damnit I that's where I live haha.

When is the next meet up?

Denbrought

Denbrought

Aww damnit I that's where I live haha.

When is the next meet up?
Should be during the first or second weekend in April, when Fool's War is usually held, in Macon.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh man, that'd be pretty awesome - a Halforums SCA meetup.

I'll bring the beer and mead. Y'all bring the @##@&$@ ant-killer!

Denbrought

Denbrought

Oh man, that'd be pretty awesome - a Halforums SCA meetup.

I'll bring the beer and mead. Y'all bring the @##@&$@ ant-killer!
I only got bit twice, on the right shoulder (that damn fire ant from the unmarked hill inside our vending space went full on Attack on Titan on me). They're just now starting to heal.

TNM

TNM

I only got bit twice, on the right shoulder (that damn fire ant from the unmarked hill inside our vending space went full on Attack on Titan on me). They're just now starting to heal.
At least with all the rain we've received in the past few days the ants should have drowned in their evil little dens.

PatrThom

PatrThom

At least with all the rain we've received in the past few days the ants should have drowned in their evil little dens.
I've got some bad news for you.

--Patrick

TNM

TNM

Kill it! Kill it with fire!

Terrik

Terrik

A wild @bhamv3 has appeared!

0506171627a.jpg

Thanks for the tea and the full tour of Qsquared :D

We had fun! By the way, was there a particular night market you recommend?

bhamv3

bhamv3

Indeed, we had a lengthy walk through a seven-story department store, searching for someplace to sit and chat, because I forgot that it might be crowded on a Saturday afternoon. M'bad!

Anywho, here's us having tea and discussing how Asian food is very bad for your waistline.
20170506_162750.jpg

And this is after Jun very kindly permitted me to grope her husband.
20170506_162634.jpg

Speaking of Asian food, the most famous night market in Taipei is probably Shilin Night Market (士林夜市), but a few years ago it moved from its original site to a new underground venue, and as a result it's lost a lot of its history and traditional atmosphere. As far as night markets go, it's not bad, but it's nothing special any more.

Two night markets I've enjoyed are Raohe Night Market (饒河夜市) (https://goo.gl/maps/WEbPETGbaDy) and Tonghua Night Market (通化夜市) (https://goo.gl/maps/zZJnaY2AB162). Both of these night markets have plenty of food stands, so they're suitable for snacking from one end to the other.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Speaking of Asian food, the most famous night market in Taipei is probably Shilin Night Market (士林夜市), but a few years ago it moved from its original site to a new underground venue, and as a result it's lost a lot of its history and traditional atmosphere. As far as night markets go, it's not bad, but it's nothing special any more.

Two night markets I've enjoyed are Raohe Night Market (饒河夜市) (https://goo.gl/maps/WEbPETGbaDy) and Tonghua Night Market (通化夜市) (https://goo.gl/maps/zZJnaY2AB162). Both of these night markets have plenty of food stands, so they're suitable for snacking from one end to the other.
Oh no! Shilin was the one we liked the go to. It was within walking distance from my in-law. Boooooo.

You're not at the same department store we had our meet up, are you? You hussy! ;)

bhamv3

bhamv3

Oh no! Shilin was the one we liked the go to. It was within walking distance from my in-law. Boooooo.

You're not at the same department store we had our meet up, are you? You hussy! ;)
Oh no no no, different department store. :D

Shilin Night Market is still decent, absolutely. The food's quite yummy. It's just that it used to be one of the most historic and atmospheric night markets in Taipei, and after its relocation it lost a bit of that.

Dave

Dave

Just ended a fun meetup with Docseverin. (Didn't take any pictures, though, as he didn't really want me to.) He's in town to jump at the College World Series again tonight. This time Kerri didn't get throwup drunk. We talked a lot, he and Kerri drank a lot, then they fell asleep in the big comfy chairs while watching Doctor Strange. And mean the very beginning of Doctor Strange. They were out quick. So I went to bed.

He jumps tonight at about 9:30 pm then we'll take him out to dinner and then back to base.

Been a great visit. What a nice guy.

He does have a couple of messages for a couple of you.

@GasBandit and @Jay - You need to step up your game in the NSFW threads. He's on the road a lot...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just ended a fun meetup with Docseverin. (Didn't take any pictures, though, as he didn't really want me to.) He's in town to jump at the College World Series again tonight. This time Kerri didn't get throwup drunk. We talked a lot, he and Kerri drank a lot, then they fell asleep in the big comfy chairs while watching Doctor Strange. And mean the very beginning of Doctor Strange. They were out quick. So I went to bed.

He jumps tonight at about 9:30 pm then we'll take him out to dinner and then back to base.

Been a great visit. What a nice guy.

He does have a couple of messages for a couple of you.

@GasBandit and @Jay - You need to step up your game in the NSFW threads. He's on the road a lot...
Et Tu, Doc?! I'm practically carrying that subforum single handedly! Well, Film helps.. But Jay definitely needs to pick it up :p

Also I reinstalled Smite after he posted he was looking for people to play with, he added me to his friends list... and I never heard any more on it :p

Dave

Dave

Et Tu, Doc?! I'm practically carrying that subforum single handedly! Well, Film helps.. But Jay definitely needs to pick it up :p

Also I reinstalled Smite after he posted he was looking for people to play with, he added me to his friends list... and I never heard any more on it :p
Dude travels a LOT. Like...a LOT, man.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I get that. But I seen him playin' DOTA.

Dave

Dave

I get that. But I seen him playin' DOTA.

Yeah, it's the only game (or one of the few) that he can and does run on his laptop.

Jay

Jay

That's what all hobos say.

Dave

Dave

Well, the opening ceremonies were cancelled and so Doc didn't jump tonight. Sucks. I was going to take and post video. Don't know why they weren't going to do it anyway. I'm sure they'd have been safe. I mean, they were only tornadoes and hail.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, the opening ceremonies were cancelled and so Doc didn't jump tonight. Sucks. I was going to take and post video. Don't know why they weren't going to do it anyway. I'm sure they'd have been safe. I mean, they were only tornadoes and hail.
Well, ya know... Army. :awesome:

Celt Z

Celt Z

Don't know why they weren't going to do it anyway. I'm sure they'd have been safe. I mean, there was only a chance Doc would have landed in Oz.
:D

Dave

Dave

There was a touchdown of a tornado on base and several houses in the surrounding neighborhoods were damaged or destroyed. Another large branch fell on my car. That's the third time it's happened. And yes, it was parked in different places each time.

PatrThom

PatrThom

There was a touchdown of a tornado on base and several houses in the surrounding neighborhoods were damaged or destroyed. Another large branch fell on my car. That's the third time it's happened. And yes, it was parked in different places each time.
What did you do to piss off Malfurion?

--Patrick

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Is he on the Black team? I get updates on FB, but I forget what team he's on.

Dave

Dave

Is he on the Black team? I get updates on FB, but I forget what team he's on.
I think so. My wife would know before I would. I just knew he was coming, now which team specifically was.

drifter

drifter

Fun fact: you can see Doc Severin's mug (kinda) in the header image on the Golden Knights' "Meet the Team" page. Also, he is Black Team.

Dave

Dave

So Texas peeps in Austin and Houston...who wants to meet a Dave the last week of July?

GasBandit

GasBandit

So Texas peeps in Austin and Houston...who wants to meet a Dave the last week of July?
Which will you be in? I mean, it's a 2 hour drive one way and a 2 hour drive the opposite way, for me.

Dave

Dave

Which will you be in? I mean, it's a 2 hour drive one way and a 2 hour drive the opposite way, for me.
I will spend a few days in Houston and then a few days in Austin. One sister lives in Houston so I'll go there first and after I'll head over to Austin. I can also stop 1/2 way for a day if I really need to. I have no timetable other then to take the rental car back on Monday the 31st.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I will spend a few days in Houston and then a few days in Austin. One sister lives in Houston so I'll go there first and after I'll head over to Austin. I can also stop 1/2 way for a day if I really need to. I have no timetable other then to take the rental car back on Monday the 31st.
I'm not really right between, It's kind of a wide isosceles triangle with me at the vertex, and the fastest route between Austin and Houston is way to the south where there's not much of interest. Heh, basically, this is probably the single least conducive method to our meeting up that could have been formulated within 100 miles :p

figmentPez

figmentPez

I would love a chance to get to see you in person!

Dave

Dave

I would love a chance to get to see you in person!
Sweet! I'll get an itinerary together and we'll set up a day. Which city are you in? I'm going to try and find an open mic in Austin and do some comedy.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm going to try and do some comedy.

Dave

Dave

:stfu:

fade

fade

I'm in houston. Let me know where your show is so I can purchase the required amount of tomatoes beforehand.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'm in houston. Let me know where your show is so I can purchase the required amount of tomatoes beforehand.
I'll set a reminder to buy cabbage a week earlier.

Dave

Dave

You'r going to drive to Austin just to see my show? That's kind of you. (No outside food or drink allowed.)

Celt Z

Celt Z

(No outside food or drink allowed.)
Pfft. You guys know how to get the necessary veggies in.

evilmike

evilmike

No! Go back! That way lies madness Joe Piscopo!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Sweet! I'll get an itinerary together and we'll set up a day. Which city are you in? I'm going to try and find an open mic in Austin and do some comedy.
I'm in Houston. :D

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'm not really right between, It's kind of a wide isosceles triangle with me at the vertex, and the fastest route between Austin and Houston is way to the south where there's not much of interest. Heh, basically, this is probably the single least conducive method to our meeting up that could have been formulated within 100 miles :p
Say, that reminds me.

What is the best thing to come out of College Station

Highway 6

GasBandit

GasBandit

Say, that reminds me.

What is the best thing to come out of College Station

Highway 6

Personally I prefer Highway 21, but that comes out of Bryan, technically.

But that's ok, because I also prefer Bryan in most respects :p College Station's actually almost as far up its own ass as Austin, these days.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Is there anything in Texas as far up it's own ass as A&M? Maybe the SEC as a whole. :trolol:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Is there anything in Texas as far up it's own ass as A&M? Maybe the SEC as a whole. :trolol:
Trust me, A&M wishes it could be up its own ass as much as UT.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Trust me, A&M wishes it could be up its own ass as much as UT.
As much as A&M fixates on UT, I've always thought of the reverse as...

But I was nowhere near the shitshow that was the old Southwest Conference. So I'm missing a lot of history.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Oh, TU fixates more on the rivalry than A&M does. They are especially pissed that overall A&M is getting better recruiting classes since they left the "Big whatever the number that isn't 12" conference.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Oh, TU fixates more on the rivalry than A&M does. They are especially pissed that overall A&M is getting better recruiting classes since they left the "Big whatever the number that isn't 12" conference.
The make or break game for a UT coach has always been Oklahoma. a and m was always a side show of the conference, South West or Big12. I always said it really shed a light on the SEC when the worst team in the Big 12 became the 4th best team in the SEC.

fade

fade

The admin and the town seemed to be far more into the rivalry when I was at A&M than the students were. Sure, there was the bonfire, but that was more about the bonfire than the actual rivalry.

Dave

Dave

Okay, @figmentPez and any other Houston forumites, I am setting aside Sunday, July 23 for our official meetup. Plans to be made probably by you because I won't know where to go. My son will be with me as will possibly be other family members like my new sister and possibly brother. Or neither. Who knows? It's up to them.

Then, on Wednesday, July 26, I'm going to hit a comedy open mic in Austin. If I can find one. Any Austin peeps that want to meet the old guy can let me know and I'll fill them in.

I leave on Thursday for Cowboy's Stadium and then home.

I will also be in Oklahoma City on Friday the 21st and Thursday the 27th. But I don't know of any OKC people here. Maybe I just forgot.

So that's it. 2 weeks from tomorrow I get a'movin'.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Do you know where in Houston you'll be staying? It's a big city and there's a lot of options.

Though, I will say the Hobbit Cafe is a pretty damn good place to grab a bite.

Dave

Dave

I'm actually staying in Spring, TX. But I've got a rental car and a lot of time.

And I'll be at the Kick Butt Coffee Music & Booze on Wednesday the 26th. I'll get the times for anyone interested.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm actually staying in Spring, TX. But I've got a rental car and a lot of time.

And I'll be at the Kick Butt Coffee Music & Booze on Wednesday the 26th. I'll get the times for anyone interested.
I don't think I can make Austin, but I'll see what I can do about Spring.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Spring it fairly close to me also.

fade

fade

Aw man I got first season Mary-Anne'd.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Aw man I got first season Mary-Anne'd.
Wouldn't that work for the professor too? And aren't you a professor? Why did you jump to Mary-Anne?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Wouldn't that work for the professor too? And aren't you a professor? Why did you jump to Mary-Anne?
Did you just assume his profession? :eek:

blotsfan

blotsfan

I could've sworn he said he was a professor until pretty recently. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I could've sworn he said he was a professor until pretty recently. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.
He was a professor. Now, he works for Big Oil. He's practically Dick Cheney's right-hand man.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Anybody in Milwaukee this coming weekend? I have a show there and would like to meet more forumites.....plus free tickets for you!

strawman

strawman

I should convince the willow run airport to have your team do thunder over Michigan, @Docseverin[DOUBLEPOST=1499630011,1499629954][/DOUBLEPOST]We could probably even pry @Fun Size out of his shell and have the whole Michigan forum group attend.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Ugh. It's so much harder to stalk in real life.

figmentPez

figmentPez

So, this meetup with @Dave in Texas. How are we going to plan this thing? Any ideas @GasBandit @sixpackshaker ?

GasBandit

GasBandit

So, this meetup with @Dave in Texas. How are we going to plan this thing? Any ideas @GasBandit @sixpackshaker ?
We can pick a location and time here, and then use google hangouts to coordinate day-of?

PatrThom

PatrThom

We can pick a location and time here, and then use google hangouts to coordinate day-of?
Google hangouts?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Google hangouts?

--Patrick
Yeah. Like, Halforums Premium.

It's what they used to call Google Talk.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yeah. Like, Halforums Premium.
It's what they used to call Google Talk.
I just figured y'all would use MMS or something.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I just figured y'all would use MMS or something.

--Patrick
Thing is, I'm pretty sure Pez and Dave are already in the hangout, would just need to add sixpack. But looks like we may end up going SMS/MMS anyway, judging from my inbox.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, when I can spare the time*, I'll pop down for a visit, and then we can all hook up via MySpaceII Chat or something.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

I don't know that I have the hangout on my phone. Which is why I gave you guys my cell phone number to text.[DOUBLEPOST=1500516000,1500515931][/DOUBLEPOST]And I'm thinking of a Cajun place called Razzoo's that I have on authority is pretty good.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Thing is, I'm pretty sure Pez and Dave are already in the hangout, would just need to add sixpack. But looks like we may end up going SMS/MMS anyway, judging from my inbox.
I don't get invited to the Hangout. :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't get invited to the Hangout. :(
How can you not be in the hangout?! I mean, it's not like anything happens there any more, but I could have sworn just about everybody was in it as some point. Did you leave it?!

Celt Z

Celt Z

I didn't either. We'll just make our own Hangout! With black jack! And hookers!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Charon: There, you're in.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Nope, I don't believe I ever got added in to a general Halforums Hangout.

I mean... it's POSSIBLE, but I've slept since then.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I didn't either. We'll just make our own Hangout! With black jack! And hookers!
Bah, you just never replied to the open invite :p If you want in, I need to know the e-mail address of your google account to send you the invite.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Bah, you just never replied to the open invite :p If you want in, I need to know the e-mail address of your google account to send you the invite.
I honestly don't even know what it is. I just wanted to flex my inner Bender.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Wait, I forgot I can do this -

Anybody who wants in on the Halforums Premium google hangout, here's the link:

https://hangouts.google.com/group/0LtpcBGDM32we2RW2[DOUBLEPOST=1500597531,1500597103][/DOUBLEPOST]
I honestly don't even know what it is. I just wanted to flex my inner Bender.
And here I just thought you were quietly avoiding it all this time because you didn't want to swim with the sharks :twisted:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Wait, I forgot I can do this -

Anybody who wants in on the Halforums Premium google hangout, here's the link:

https://hangouts.google.com/group/0LtpcBGDM32we2RW2[DOUBLEPOST=1500597531,1500597103][/DOUBLEPOST]
And here I just thought you were quietly avoiding it all this time because you didn't want to swim with the sharks :twisted:
Thar be gingers in them waters!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Thar be gingers in them waters!
Just the one. Not gonna lie, it's a real sausage fest in there. I think the only females remaining are Dei and Hylian. There used to be more but they bailed years ago.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Just the one. Not gonna lie, it's a real sausage fest in there. I think the only females remaining are Dei and Hylian. There used to be more but they bailed years ago.
No one had been in there since last September until today. :p

Dei

Dei

I mean, I'm in there, but I have notifications turned off, because when someone does post there's a 50% chance it gets spammy fast.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Yes....sharks....:rolleyes:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yes....sharks....:rolleyes:
Alright maybe that's a bit of a stretch but it sounds better than "be asses to elbows with 70 someodd sweaty male nerds."

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Alright maybe that's a bit of a stretch but it sounds better than "be asses to elbows with 70 40 someodd sweaty male nerds."
FTFY.

(And how many just have the thing turned on and nowhere near phone or pc?)

jwhouk

jwhouk

I just turned it on. Lessee if I have that thingy on my Droid...

Dave

Dave

We might have a @CrimsonSoul as well.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Didn't know we were having a meet up in spring. I'm down for the cause.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GasBandit

GasBandit

So we're doing Razzoo's I take it? What time?

Well, my car won't fit 6, for Dashcam Karaoke :p (Really, even 5 would be a really tight squeeze, lucky Pez is of slim stature). Maybe we should hit an ACTUAL karaoke venue after we eat.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Meh. I forgot that I was the manager on call this weekend. Furthest away I can go is Houston =/

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'd be fine with moving the meet-up down into Houston.

fade

fade

Just FYi, there's more than one Razzoo's. Make sure you guys get the one in spring.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Just FYi, there's more than one Razzoo's. Make sure you guys get the one in spring.
I was wondering why Google maps said it would take 15 hours to get there!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was wondering why Google maps said it would take 15 hours to get there!
I-45...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nah, it was 1960 causing the trouble. I had "avoid toll roads" checked.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Still lookin for Pez and Fade...

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Looks like I'm going to be going to Denver (though final location is TBD) Sept 6th thru the 9th. My days are filled with meetings, but my evenings should be free. I don't know if we have anyone from that area (because I don't really pay much attention to such things) but I thought I'd throw it out there in case someone's down to meet up for a beer or something.

Dei

Dei

Looks like I'm going to be going to Denver (though final location is TBD) Sept 6th thru the 9th. My days are filled with meetings, but my evenings should be free. I don't know if we have anyone from that area (because I don't really pay much attention to such things) but I thought I'd throw it out there in case someone's down to meet up for a beer or something.
I live just north of Denver, but the odds of me having time to drive there during the week is not high because I have to drive my kids around. That said, if you wanted to meet somewhere halfway (or join my D&D night on Friday :p) I could probably make it work.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I live just north of Denver, but the odds of me having time to drive there during the week is not high because I have to drive my kids around. That said, if you wanted to meet somewhere halfway (or join my D&D night on Friday :p) I could probably make it work.
Lemme find out what my itinerary is. I'll try to work something out :)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Changed the dates on me: 26th - 29th of sept. Heh

GasBandit

GasBandit

My dinner with Dei -

0824171712.jpg

Her shirt says "Don't be a salty bitch."

Dei

Dei

IMG_20170824_162448.jpg

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Now if we could just get Terrik up there with y'all, I'd invest the money to come and fly out. :D

PatrThom

PatrThom

My dinner with Dei -

View attachment 25355

Her shirt says "Don't be a salty bitch."
"Come to Cloud Frisbee palace in the next 15min if you want an ass-kicking."

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

So how much of a mess were you guys hiding with your heads? :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

So how much of a mess were you guys hiding with your heads? :p
A gentleman never tells.

drifter

drifter

Yeah, but I asked you two :troll:

Dei

Dei

Yeah, but I asked you two :troll:
That room was kind of clean. THE OTHER ROOMS IN THE HOUSE WILL NOT BE MENTIONED.

GasBandit

GasBandit

That room was kind of clean. THE OTHER ROOMS IN THE HOUSE WILL NOT BE MENTIONED.

strawman

strawman

@PatrThom I fixed the photo (stupid photobucket moneygrab). Thanks for marking it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

@PatrThom I fixed the photo (stupid photobucket moneygrab). Thanks for marking it.
Felt weird marking one that wasn't @GasBandit's for a change.

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hey @LittleSin Pugtato and I are chilling at the Tim's in Mount Pearl.

fade

fade

Come in the next seventeen minutes if you want an ass kicking.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Come in the next seventeen minutes if you want an ass kicking.
How tall are you?

LittleSin

LittleSin

FUCK. I missed this.
...tho I was doing the whole wedding thing all weekend so maybe I wouldn't have made it. :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well I'm driving back from Gander today and flying out Thursday from St. John's.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Well I'm driving back from Gander today and flying out Thursday from St. John's.
Noice. I got shit on the go all this week so I probs won't see ya. :( Have a safe drive, though! The rain is supposed to get bad and Newfoundlanders have no sense of self preservation!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Newfoundlanders have no sense of self preservation!
Death is the only escape...

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Anyone want to have a meetup in/around Michigan in the next few months?

I'm thinking white elephant party, or a gift exchange, or maybe just meet and do games/movie/etc!

I think we've had two Michigan meetups so far (one in A2, one at BErts).

And when you think about it, over half the US is within 1700 miles of Michigan, so there's no reason most halforumites should miss out!

Plus we still have to convince @FunSize that we're not all JCM and he can safely meet with strangers on the internet and walk away physically unaltered (and mostly unharmed emotionally!).

fade

fade

Show me on the brain where GasBandit touched you

MindDetective

MindDetective

Mainly the occipital and temporal lobes.

strawman

strawman

Bonfire at my house tonight. Short notice, but it’s just an airplane ride away for most of you!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Bonfire at my house tonight. Short notice, but it’s just an airplane ride away for most of you!
Right, but what fun is it to have a bonfire when there's 10 rows of people standing between you and the fire? We'd probably barely even feel the heat, let alone see the flames!

Emrys

Emrys

Right, but what fun is it to have a bonfire when there's 10 rows of people standing between you and the fire? We'd probably barely even feel the heat, let alone see the flames!
We could probably ask stienman to make two bonfires, one for his family and one for Halforumites.

PatrThom

PatrThom

We could probably ask stienman to make two bonfires, one for his family and one for Halforumites.
Careful, we don't want a repeat of 1871.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Careful, we don't want a repeat of 1871.

--Patrick
The HalForums meet-up where only @Dave and @Grytpipe-Thynne attended because they were the only ones born?

Dave

Dave

:stfu:

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah, Grytpipe-Thynne is only 84

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yeah, Grytpipe-Thynne is only 84
Oh, right, sorry GP-T!

Emrys

Emrys

Oh, right, sorry GP-T!
Behave or @Dave will beat you with his cane.

Celt Z

Celt Z

The HalForums meet-up where only @Dave and @Grytpipe-Thynne attended because they were the only ones born?
At least there were pictures!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Someone wanna remind me if there are any members of our fora (besides me now) in the Valley of the Sun?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Someone wanna remind me if there are any members of our fora (besides me now) in the Valley of the Sun?
How many fora do we have, exactly?

—Patrick

strawman

strawman

How many fora do we have, exactly?

—Patrick
One for every fauna.

PatrThom

PatrThom

One for every fauna.
*flauna

—Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Behave or @Dave will beat you with his cane.
Uh oh....I have a cane too...

Bubble181

Bubble181

Uh oh....I have a cane too...
Good! :unibrow:

strawman

strawman

Got to meet @Terrik and Mrs. Terrik!
877E2244-AD8D-4803-9A55-82C79ED720E0.jpeg

Dei

Dei

View attachment 26788
And you survived! I'm impressed.

PatrThom

PatrThom

View attachment 26788
Hey! I could've been there, but nobody told me!
Aww...

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Hey! I could've been there, but nobody told me!
Aww...

--Patrick
It wasn’t planned, it was a missed flight, and even though I’m only 40 minutes from the airport we were only able to visit for just under an hour before he had to go.

Still, I should’ve texted you once I found out, sorry!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I doubt this'll be the last time there's a China trip, and DTW does seem to be the place where they like to start from, so I'm sure we'll get more chances. Just not right away.

--Patrick

BErt

Yeah what the heck is this meeting up in detroit without a warning yeesh :(

I likely couldnt have made it anyway yesterday oh well

I’m gonna bring @Emrys to Detroit and keep her all to myself :p

strawman

strawman

I’m gonna bring @Emrys to Detroit and keep her all to myself :p
Share!

Share.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

Well, this sounds like it will be an... interesting trip. :p

Terrik

Terrik

Having snuffles-brewed beer with Snuffles

20180601_201509.jpg
20180601_201541.jpg
20180601_204217.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dangit, I've met Dei, and now you've met Snuffles... now we just need to figure out how to accomplish the next step.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Step 1: Go to Omaha...

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Gonna be in Houston Aug 10th, 11th and 12th.
I have a prior engagement Saturday night, but if anyone is around and wants to grab coffee, lunch or whatever any other time, I'd be down.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, Sunday, I'll be at the Pimlico pub at 4pm, playing irish tunes for a couple of hours...
https://pubhouston.com/

GasBandit

GasBandit

So, Sunday, I'll be at the Pimlico pub at 4pm, playing irish tunes for a couple of hours...
https://pubhouston.com/
Maaaan, I'd like to and all, but... that's an hour and a half each way :/

PatrThom

PatrThom

Soo...about 40min longer than my daily commute to work, then.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

This is Texas we're talking about, mang. That's like a trip to the grocery store. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

This is Texas we're talking about, mang. That's like a trip to the grocery store. ;)
Yeah but half of that commute is through inside-the-loop Houston. Euuughh.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Yeah but half of that commute is through inside-the-loop Houston. Euuughh.
On a Sunday... it's like a ghost town compared to Monday - Friday traffic.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Well, I made it to my hotel without dying in a plane crash, getting in a wreck on i-45, or getting mugged when I went to walmart in Oak Creek :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

or getting mugged when I was went to walmart in Oak Creek :D
Dude, did you buy a lotto ticket??

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Gonna buy one tonight :D I'm feeling especially charmed at the moment

jwhouk

jwhouk

By the way, a heads up for anyone who may be coming to Phoenix anytime soon: first of all, monsoon season is probably the worst time of year to visit, because in addition to the tail end of "OMGWTFHOT" you also get routine dust storms that turn into full-on thunderstorms that make anything you pansies in the Midwest get seem tame. Second of all, please realize that the Phoenix metro area is big. REALLY big. We've got more land area in Maricopa County than the state of New Jersey. So if you're asking me to meet you in Glendale or Peoria, fugeddaboudit.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Irish music cancelled on Sunday. Someone rented out the pub for an event ;(

Dude, did you buy a lotto ticket??
I'll let you know on sunday if I won ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Irish music cancelled on Sunday.
Well, any chance you wanna grab a bite in, like, Spring or Tomball? :p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Sure, we could hook up someplace in spring

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sure, we could hook up someplace in spring
Well, I say that... but I don't know anywhere to eat in spring. Other than Razzoo's, and I'm not sure I can eat there any more :p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, while this didn't work so well last time... ;)
I'll be Houston Nov 3-Nov 10.
I have a few things I'll be doing (Pimlico and Mucky Duck for Irish Music. Texas Ren Fest on the 3rd) I have some open time if people wanna hang out. I promise to keep my lecherous man-whoring to a minimum ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

So, while this didn't work so well last time... ;)
I'll be Houston Nov 3-Nov 10.
I have a few things I'll be doing (Pimlico and Mucky Duck for Irish Music. Texas Ren Fest on the 3rd) I have some open time if people wanna hang out. I promise to keep my lecherous man-whoring to a minimum ;)
Dang, I'll be at Texas Ren Fest on the 4th.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Dang, I'll be at Texas Ren Fest on the 4th.
I'll be a the Pimlico playing irish music then. In theory. But if any of my friends are camping on the 3rd, there's a good chance I'll get drunk, pass out, and end up going on the 4th too

I consider that more likely, actually ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll be a the Pimlico playing irish music then. In theory. But if any of my friends are camping on the 3rd, there's a good chance I'll get drunk, pass out, and end up going on the 4th too

I consider that more likely, actually ;)
Hah, well, maybe we'll run into each other then!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I plan on going to Ren Fest this season. I can probably do November 4 as well.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Just had gave away my Ren Fest tickets since we aren't going to be able to make it at all this year. We were planning on Nov 3.

figmentPez

figmentPez

My latest show, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) [Revised], opens on Wednesday and runs through Saturday (Nov 7 - 10). Shows are at 7:30 each night, if anyone is interested in coming to see. Tickets can be bough here. If you're not familiar with the play, it's a comedic condensing of Shakespeare. All of this plays at least get a mention, with scenes his best and most famous works getting parodied in (hopefully) hilarious fashion.

Terrik

Terrik

We came to his location, and got our ass kicked.

20181218_174709.jpg

Dei

Dei

View attachment 28277
I call bullshit, Jun could totally take him.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Dammit, I just made this joke in the other thread before I read this!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I wish I knew, I'm only an hour away.

Adam

Adam

That Ewok appears significantly more trim!

GasBandit

GasBandit

That Ewok appears significantly more trim!
I'm meltiiiiiinngg....

Bones

Bones

I'm meltiiiiiinngg....
NOBODY LIGHT A MATCH, ALL THAT MELTING FAT COULD CAUSE A FLASHOVER!

GasBandit

GasBandit

NOBODY LIGHT A MATCH, ALL THAT MELTING FAT COULD CAUSE A FLASHOVER!

BErt

I am become Gas...

PatrThom

PatrThom

I am become Gas...
...summoner of eat scorchbeasts.

—Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, I don't generally keep track of where people live.
We got any halforumites in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area? I'll be out that way next month.

jwhouk

jwhouk

(raises hand) though I'm east of Phoenix and southeast of Scottsdale...

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

(raises hand) though I'm east of Phoenix and southeast of Scottsdale...
Cool..I'll be out there a for a week starting 4/14, if you wanna try to meet up in person and shoot the shit :D

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind distances are deceiving in the PHX area.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Will be in East Durham NY for the Castskills Irish Arts Week Jul 14-Jul 20.
https://www.catskillsirishartsweek.com/summer-catskills-irish-arts-week/instructors/

I'll be pretty busy with Irish music stuff, but if anyone's in the area I might be able to squeeze in a meet and greet

Celt Z

Celt Z

Will be in East Durham NY for the Castskills Irish Arts Week Jul 14-Jul 20.
https://www.catskillsirishartsweek.com/summer-catskills-irish-arts-week/instructors/

I'll be pretty busy with Irish music stuff, but if anyone's in the area I might be able to squeeze in a meet and greet
Too bad this isn't during the winter. That's not too far from where we snowboard sometimes.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

:'(

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

So today, in The Land Pavilion in Epcot at Walt Disney World I got to meet @Celt Z and Little Z and they got to meet my wife and myself.

You’ll have to imagine the scene, we forgot to take any pictures.

Dave

Dave

I ALWAYS forget to take pictures! Well, almost always.

Simfers

Simfers

It's all right, you can admit you're afraid the weird contraption will suck out your soul. No one here will judge you...

PatrThom

PatrThom

I ALWAYS forget to take pictures! Well, almost always.
Remember, Dave...if you are the one taking the photos, that means you can choose not to be in any of them.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

It's all right, you can admit you're afraid the weird contraption will suck out your soul. No one here will judge you...
Nah, Miss. You got the lens cap on.

Celt Z

Celt Z

So today, in The Land Pavilion in Epcot at Walt Disney World I got to meet @Celt Z and Little Z and they got to meet my wife and myself.

You’ll have to imagine the scene, we forgot to take any pictures.
It was fun, and you all were lovely people! Sorry we were cut short, but keeping a 7-year-old from exploring Disney is like trying to stop a hurricane and a stampede.

General Specific

General Specific

It was fun, and you all were lovely people! Sorry we were cut short, but keeping a 7-year-old from exploring Disney is like trying to stop a hurricane and a stampede.
A Stampicane? Those things are deadly!

Incidentally, my wife and I are looking at heading to Disney in late January. Dates not set in stone yet, but if anyone is in the area, we may be willing to put up with you for a bit. ;)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It’s kinda hard to keep the reins on a 50 year old Disney fanatic too! She was calm because she just got off one of her favorite rides, Living with the Land.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Anyone going to be anywhere near Belgium in august 2020?

Dei

Dei

She was calm because she just got off one of her favorite rides, Living with the Land.
Those words don't make sense in my brain.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dei

Dei

I just think Living with the Land is a great ride.... If you want to take a nap. I personally can't stand it.

General Specific

General Specific

I just think Living with the Land is a great ride.... If you want to take a nap. I personally can't stand it.
It's kinda like It's A Small World, though. You gotta ride it at the right time and then make your own fun with it.

The Spouse and I love going on It's A Small World even though we know it is objectively boring and bad by today's standards. There are several reasons.
1) It's air-conditioned, sitting down, and kinda long. Good for breaks from the heat/other Florida weather
2) The boats don't have harnesses or restraints so you can sit relatively comfortably
3) You can usually pretty much walk straight onto it with little to no wait
4) We made up a story about how all of the dolls are the souls of people in limbo/purgatory. When you die and can't go on to your afterlife immediately, you wind up stuck in It's A Small World formed into one of the dolls. It explains why there are always new dolls, but you can still see older dolls among them as well. It's also why no matter how long you have been on it, there is seemingly always another room. There is always another room. Theeere is aalways a-no-ther room. AAA-NO-THER ROOM...

smallclown.jpg

This clown is the only one that realizes they are all trapped.

Dei

Dei

TBH I'm still mad they butchered Journey Into Imagination, that was my favorite ride when I was younger.

PatrThom

PatrThom

TBH I'm still mad they butchered Journey Into Imagination, that was my favorite ride when I was younger.
These days imagination isn’t valued as highly as it once was. Completing the journey is all that matters, so you can get back in line for another go.

—Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

I love Figment so much (who would have guessed?). It's a shame that Michael Eisner hated him, leading to Figment being pushed into the background for far too long.

Terrik

Terrik

This is kind of cheating, but now that @Cobra_Royality lives a thousand miles away and he's come to visit Erie...

20210904_212613.jpg