Old Picture Thread

It's like in 2 years time, you discovered alt-rock, or grunge, as it were.

(Not trying to make fun, but it's like looking at a time capsule of the 80's transition into the 90's.)

2014.jpg

1992.jpg

1939.jpg

OK Fade, with the help of Fred and Barney I have copied a few primitive images. As I am now, with wife and one of several grandsons. My second marriage July 4 1992. At my grandparents Golden Wedding anniversary July 15 1939.

GasBandit

Staff member
I was not in band, though many of my friends were. It was determined that playing a small instrument was probably not for me in the 3rd grade, when in a fit of frustration at not being able to hit certain notes without squeaking, I bit my recorder in half.

What stuck with me most actually was piano lessons. I actually did very well at music theory.

I was in Color Guard for marching band, I was in chorus in High School, but I liked to dabble and learn a little bit of every instrument just for fun.

I was in Color Guard for marching band, I was in chorus in High School, but I liked to dabble and learn a little bit of every instrument just for fun.
I also did Color Guard! As for instruments, I play the piano.

But man, lots of musical/band geek-y people here.

Color Guard here, too! I did try the flute for a couple of years, but I decided I preferred singing over playing an instrument, so chorus/concert choir was my music choice.

I can play a kazoo....

Can I still hang out in the bandroom? :oops:
Join me and together we can rule the galaxy.

Or more like, play our instruments and clear people out of rooms that way...
Also, I was forced to learn accordion in my early teens.

Took me a while to get on this train. No scanner availabale, so I had to get a new battery for my camera and take pictures of pictures.

Prepare to go back to the time of atrocious window dressings and wallpapers, in this case the year 1970!
The place is my maternal grandparents house, I wish we still had those vintage lamps around.

That dashing young fellow is me, the guy feeding me is my dad :)

The nice young lady is my mum.

I could stand upright, but I probably would have rolled as well...

1977, wallpapers still atrocious. My first day of school, obviously my great-grandmother is way more enthusiastic than I...