Pen & Paper Role Playing Games

A possible twist could be that they wished "to be spared the same fate as the last three", not knowing that the witch was going to let the fools go and only eat them. Or perhaps the wish was something like "I wish I was back with my family" and that's what drags the family into this too, with the moral being something like "a man should face his fate alone, bravely, even if he's sure to die".
I like that first twist a lot. A morale would be fun too but I feel like even a morale gives a shred of hope when I want to leave the audience with none. Basically I just want the morale to be "well... fuck"

It could also be that the foolish men are served to the witch's pets as their meal and the wise man and his family as her meal....

**edit** - to make it even darker, the family could be made into appetizers and the wise man the main course...

I've been running a Hunter: The Reckoning game since January and tonight's the final battle between my mortal players and the head vampire antagonist... :)

Last edited:
First guy wishes for more money than he can count, hets buried to death in gold.

Second guy wishes to be the most powerful man in the world, gets transformed into a hulking brute. Avalanche of gold from the first guy kills him quickly.

Third guy wishes to be desired and irresistible to all who see him, gets raped by a moose.

Fouth guy wishes to die surrounded my his loved ones in the future.

First guy wishes for more money than he can count, hets buried to death in gold.

Second guy wishes to be the most powerful man in the world, gets transformed into a hulking brute. Avalanche of gold from the first guy kills him quickly.

Third guy wishes to be desired and irresistible to all who see him, gets raped by a moose.

Fouth guy wishes to die surrounded my his loved ones in the future.
Oh gawd. So many great options.

To make mine even sicker, 1st guy gets the gold, second guy gets the power, third guy gets the irresponsible nature. Hulk kills 1st guy because what is wealth without being able to protect it, then in a fit of lust knocks over mountain of gold while pursuing the third, killing them both.

**edit** - to make it even darker, the family could be made into appetizers and the wise man the main course...
To make it EVEN darker, the clever man could be made the honored guest at her banquet (technically “Have him for dinner”) and be forced to participate in the consumption of the others. Then finish with him begging for her to kill and eat him so he does not have to live with the horror of what he has just done, and have her reply, “Oh, but you said you desired a long, healthy life, and I would hate myself if I did not follow through. So! Ready for seconds?”
Better yet, he remains her captive and so has to join in all her remaining banquets until he finally dies of natural causes.

—Patrick

Last edited:
I may go with the "I wish to not share the same fate as the first three".
He thinks he's being clever and avoiding his fate. He sleeps soundly knowing that he's beaten the witch.
But in the morning we discover she let the other three go and has just collected him. Not only is a clever man tastier, but if he was REALLY clever he wouldn't have tried to outsmart her by making a wish at all.

The game shop that my brother, his wife, and I used to play D&D at just started its monthly Adventurers League games again.
This is my newest character from today:
Lozzo
Lozzo Full.jpg

Last edited:
The game shop that my brother, his wife, and I used to play D&D at just started its monthly Adventurers League games again.
This is my newest character from today:
Lozzo
View attachment 39240
Nice. That from hero forge? What does the mini look like? I wanted to use this but the quality of the minis never seemed to match up to the quality of the character designed in the program.

Nice. That from hero forge? What does the mini look like? I wanted to use this but the quality of the minis never seemed to match up to the quality of the character designed in the program.
This a screenshot of a possible figure from them, yes. I've ordered a few from them before. Decent quality, but certain poses lend themselves to possible break points if you're not careful. My brother learned that the hard way with one of his figures from them. The pose of this character would be one of those I would need to be careful with if I did decide to order it. And the new "colored plastic" ones are very expensive, which is what is currently making me cautious about pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
This a screenshot of a possible figure from them, yes. I've ordered a few from them before. Decent quality, but certain poses lend themselves to possible break points if you're not careful. My brother learned that the hard way with one of his figures from them. The pose of this character would be one of those I would need to be careful with if I did decide to order it. And the new "colored plastic" ones are very expensive, which is what is currently making me cautious about pulling the trigger.
I think I decided not to do it when I saw what their final products looked like. They were not as detailed as they look in the CG rendering.

I think I decided not to do it when I saw what their final products looked like. They were not as detailed as they look in the CG rendering.
When I finished my first book, I got a Hero Forge miniature made of my main character. It was neat, but as others have said, I was a bit bummed about the quality. I'd bet if you just bought the STL files and had them printed at higher resolution elsewhere, it'd be better. But...the cost. ugh

I saw that ad too and it looked very sketchy. Ended up making my own with minis and dice and some reusable advent boxes.

I'll definitely check back as they continue to open them.

figmentPez

Staff member
Sketchy knockoff advent calendar update:

The most interesting item so far has been:

But most of the doors have been dinosaurs in plastic eggs.

Also, someone else on Twitter got the same calendar!

I have been having quite a good time with my in-person Curse of Strahd game and would love to DM it again with a new group of folks who have never played the adventure. Would anyone be interested in an online game of Curse of Strahd (D&D 5E) perhaps on a twice a month schedule?

Hmmm so many weird and wonderful ideas in my noodle.

- badger riding gnome cowboy
- Lennie Small goliath berserker
- human monk based on professional wrestler Sabu
- tabaxi bard based on Tigger
- human necromancer / surgeon / actuary

I am thinking of something different. A monthly DND 5E game amongst forum members. 4 5th level characters, premade and absurd.

Max Muscle - Male Human CG Paladin, very strong, very stupid, very loyal, loves his sister unconditionally and trusts her implicitly, desperately trying to gain the affection of Bobbi-Joel

Agatha Darkness - Female Human LE Wizard, very smart, very evil, met Max in a tavern and convinced him she was his sister as she needed muscle, by saying "I'm your sister Agatha! I've searched so long to find you!", is masterminding the overthrow of the local, regional, global, planar governments, the brains of the operation

Brently Elf - Male Elf LG Monk, really likes kicking things, is great at scrounging up anything you need, just never ask how

Bobbi-Joel Elf- Female Elf NG Bard, the heart and soul of the group, a volksmusik singer her proud Bavarian heritage is welcome in any tavern, tragically beautiful she is constantly trying to avoid the attention of Max, except when she needs muscle, she looks after her brother Brently, as he is want to get into trouble from time to time with his kicking and scrounging

Now, the different part, any one can play any character during the game, the monthly sessions are one shots and kitsch. And we can play out the set up for the adventure in a play by post thread here on the forums. If more people want to join a session than are characters, the they become an equally absurd recurring character. Continuity is optional :)

Attachments

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I've been trying to like Dyson Sphere. It should be right up my alley. It's right there with Factorio and Satisfactory and all that jazz. But I think the problem is there's too much manual labor to do to get to the automated stuff.

For example, the planet I'm on doesn't have titanium or silicon. You need both those things to build interplanetary power and item transference structures (which is kinda important to get a dyson sphere going). There are two other planets in my starting starsystem, and one has titanium and the other has silicon.

So basically at this point, I'm having to load up on fuel, fly 5 AU to another planet, dump all the fuel on the ground, pick up an armful of silicon (or titanium if it's that planet), then fly back (and hope I don't screw up the navigation because changing course without loads of fuel is slooooooow). Then repeat for the other resource.

I mean, really, incorporating the new resources into my existing factory structure would have already been challenging and tedious if it was on the same planet, much less having to fucking carry it bucket by bucket across the solar system.

I've finally just come to admit to myself I'm not having fun playing it.

In other news, I got to round 98 on Unpoppable/Hard difficulty on Bloons TD 6. I needed round 100 to win. NNNNNNGGGHGHHHHHHHH

Just got another delay email for my backing of the Pathfinder Kingmaker 10th Anniversary (the 10th Anniversary was 2019) Adventure Path hardcover. It's years late now. I notice that Paizo has no trouble putting out tons of PFv2 books and Starfinder crap, announced well after this project. Starting to feel scammed.

Basically fuck Paizo.

Last edited:
I dunno where else to put this, here makes the most sense. It's sort of art so could go else where.

Going to be running a 5E campaign for some people I know and I think I've nailed down the map of the continent that it will center on.