[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

What bugs me most about this story should not be that hard to write because it doesn't seem THAT ellaborate. Its a simple "What did we do when we were drunk" mystery story for Christ's sake.

Oh good. Now Scott has something ELSE to do besides making his comic (the Frogpants podcast). Well, I guess since he developed a buffer he's got more free time... oh, wait. And, it's not he's missed half a week of updates with a good reason... um, nevermind. Plus, The Trenches has really come into its own... er, hmm. Anyway, yeah. I'm so excited that people will get to hear Scott angrily rant about comics.

So... what is happening with The Trenches? Is it just getting dumped or is it getting a different artist? Because the tester stories are interesting.

Oh, Kurtz's secret apprentice.
LolKurtz and Robin?

No disrespect meant there (at least not to 50% of the mentioned people), I don't know the lady. But after a quick look I might read a bit into her Kiwiblitz comic and see if I add it to my list as I liked the look of it at first sight.

Like I said before, Kiwiblitz has kept me interested since I started reading it back a few months ago when Scott announced Mary as his temp colourist?(If that's the correct term.)

Pvp is only read out of some strange browser ritual I've developed now.

I like Kiwi Blitz quite a bit and have been reading it since almost the beginning. Now Mary Cagle is still learning things about how to properly tell a story and what not but I still think that Kiwi Blitz has been far more interesting than PVP has been. I still read PVP but I find I get much more enjoyment from Kiwi Blitz than from PVP.

One thing that has been driving me crazy is that Marcy has a boyfriend and no one has even bothered to mention anything about it. Scott hasn't hasn't even bothered to have Marcy or someone drop a line about breaking up with her old boyfriend or anything so as far as we all know she should still have a boyfriend (unless of course I missed a strip somewhere). It is almost like Scott just wakes up one day and decides to do a story arc without even bothering to check to see if it is compatible with his characters past that he created.

Well, apparently we're not gonna find out for a while, because it's time for another installment of "Brent vs Coffee Hipsters." Wheeeeeeee.

North_Ranger

Staff member
This is why I frickin' hate Kurtz's work these days. He gets all hyped up about this totes awesome and cool and exhilarating storyline that you just have to read, you guys... and then he lets it fall short as if he had imagined his grandma in a two-piece bathing suit. At least in the old days he knew how to bloody well finish a story instead of constantly giving a "narrativus interruptus" after another.

Honestly, I think he needs to go on hiatus from this strip, indefinitely. He hasn't really put out a good story arc since Brent and Jade's wedding, at least not one that lasted more than a couple weeks. I think if he takes enough time off, he'll either be able to find a new story that he wants to explore more fully than the last four years of plots, or he'll realize that it's just time to move on. Maybe he needs to do a plot arc that takes place in the future, or that branches off of the main characters and includes tertiary characters, or concentrates just on the lives of two or three of the main cast. It'd be interesting to see a more in-depth, grittier expose of Cole and Donna's marriage failing and how that led to Cole moving the office to Seattle; instead of it just being a reflection of the fact that Scott himself moved to Seattle. Maybe getting out of the "ha-ha we're a feel-good, family oriented, office-place comic strip" mode would clear out some of his mental blocks and move on to bigger and better things.

The latest strip is like amateur level! Like that one web comic from a few years back that just drops the story-line and then has the characters doing something completely different(you know the one).STOP RUINING YOUR NAME AS ONE OF THE GREATEST WEB COMIC MAKERS OF ALL TIME KURTZ!

YES! Oh my god I actually LAUGHED at this one! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE make this a sign of Kurtz going back to his roots. Though extremely unlikely.

Dave

Staff member
So they are married now and it's all over? Although I liked today's I think the abrupt ending to a fairly momentous event is kinda jarring.