[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

I do believe I mentioned a certain bodily reaction to Gwen's transformation from a comic hottie to what appears to be a rotting eggplant with a nacho chip for nose.
Very good point, but I thought she (as well as many other Kurtz characters) looked like some rejected muppet designs. Look at her mal-formed nose, clearly ol Jim couldn't see it working.

Edit: UGGGGGGGGH! Do they seriously have to draw every character's nose like that? Is this the comics art signature? Ugh.

It's always good to see a dev/tester story that doesn't end with "and then I was fired for doing exactly what I was told". It's kind of a running theme in the stories they put up.

It's always good to see a dev/tester story that doesn't end with "and then I was fired for doing exactly what I was told". It's kind of a running theme in the stories they put up.
This is true, while I do find the male lead a tad grating at times I can admit that this comic is breaking from the mold at least. Doesn't make those noses any less creepy looking but still.

So, Scott's newspost is claiming that the site has been down for ordinary maintenance, and doesn't mention the attacks at all.

Dave

Staff member
Because of the "maintenance" there will be no more strips this week on the site or on Facebook. I'm glad he has someone to help him with backgrounds because I need to be colored surprised.

Because of the "maintenance" there will be no more strips this week on the site or on Facebook. I'm glad he has someone to help him with backgrounds because I need to be colored surprised.
So basically, what he's saying is that, while Sohmer and Lar can manage to update two separate strips, and Danielle can continue to update GWS, and whomever else was effected can keep updating AND deal with posting their strips on backup sites... he's incapable of doing that.

What a lazy ass.

But no... not surprised.

Kurtz has been on time/only slightly tardy for the last several months. Yesterday was understandable, rushing around and putting out fires and all. But not putting anything out for a week is weak.

GasBandit

Staff member
I am somehow suspicious of "maintenance" that removes the ability to post new strips, yet keeps the ability to add new news functional... to say nothing of still serving ads and nesting other feature pages.

Ugh, Kurtz you lazy shit. You have been pissing off your audience for years and your pulling this? When I become a mega famous webcomic star I promise ain't pullin' this. Now where the hell is my charcoal?!

I finally got round to reading his explanation post. Love how the reason he gives is that his plot is at a real cliff hanger here, and he doesn't want to give anything away ahead of time by posting to Facebook or Tumblr. How the bloody hell would that work, exactly? Are Facebook and Tumblr suddenly time traveling devices that display future content based on current submissions? Why am I typing in Jeremy Clarkson's voice? Do I need to watch less Top Gear?

....this is supposed to be a cliff-hanger? Because last time I checked when there are cliff-hangers you should put something in the bottom corner saying "To be continued". Christ sakes Kurtz, this is basic!

....this is supposed to be a cliff-hanger? Because last time I checked when there are cliff-hangers you should put something in the bottom corner saying "To be continued". Christ sakes Kurtz, this is basic!
I don't think that is really necessary on a comic that, shitty excuses aside, always continues.

Also, dammit, now I'm typing in Jeremy Clarkson's voice.

I don't think that is really necessary on a comic that, shitty excuses aside, always continues.

Also, dammit, now I'm typing in Jeremy Clarkson's voice.
So from this logic it probably wasn't actually a cliff-hanger and Kurtz is just being lazy? And even without the "to be continued" it doesn't feel like a good cliff-hanger at all.

To be honest, if he'd wanted to leave it at a cliff hanger, he should've stayed one comic back in the plot. The current comic, with Marcy explaining that they got drunk and woke up married, while not completely clearing up the mystery, definitely does detract from the cliff-hanger-ness.

Agreed. At times like this I just wish the series would just end. Course...I've been wanting this for years now and this hasn't really changed my opinion more or less reminded me of it.

Well, he said he's having server problems, which is why there hasn't been an update. Whether this is just an excuse or not I do not know.

So basically, what he's saying is that, while Sohmer and Lar can manage to update two separate strips, and Danielle can continue to update GWS, and whomever else was effected can keep updating AND deal with posting their strips on backup sites... he's incapable of doing that.

What a lazy ass.

But no... not surprised.
^ This. And I'm not surprised either.

Guys, guys, you don't understand.

When the Tastemaker says something is a cliffhanger, it's a cliffhanger! That can only mean that the real climax is epic! EPIC, I SAY!!!

It's not like he's ever overhyped anything because he has a misguided belief in his own artistic abi-

*whisper, whisper*

Wait, what was that, again?

*whisper, whisper*

...Nevermind, carry on.

Steve Kooks said:
Today, Tomorrow and Friday, I’m going to be posting my thoughts on PAX and all the crazy stuff that went down this last weekend.
Here it is, Thursday evening... nothing. Yeah, way to follow through.

Zappit

Staff member
He actually did post a strip on his Facebook page, but the link on PvP seems to have disappeared. Francis and Marci got drunk and got married. This is a plot from Friends. It will probably play out very much like those episodes, just not as funny.

Dave

Staff member
His blog post said on Tuesday (I think) that there would be nothing else for the remainder of the week. So there will be nothing today, either.

I think right now we're looking for those "amazing" stories about PAX.

So please come back all this week for some amazing PAX stories, and be sure to be here bright and early on Monday morning to hear what Marcy and Francis have to say for themselves.

And it is Thursday and nothing! Not even a fucking min-mid, the fucking fuck. I just woke up so my crankiness is satan-damned doubled about this shniz.