[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

Apparently Scott is bringing back mentoring and apprenticeship. Things that had been lost to the ages until he started doing them for Mary Cagle.

Jeeeesus.

Started reading her comic today and 'blitzed' through the archives in one sitting, not that there is much there but still. Found it more interesting, and indeed better coloured and drawn in most cases, than I've found PVP in years. I almost feel like I only read PVP any more because it's been a part of my net routine for so long. I kind of just mindlessly go there when I open a browser window now, along with a few other sites.

Zappit

Staff member
Apparently Scott is bringing back mentoring and apprenticeship. Things that had been lost to the ages until he started doing them for Mary Cagle.

Jeeeesus.
Isn't Francis getting mentored in the comic, too? Scott is a total innovator, if centuries old practices can be considered new and exciting.

Dave

Staff member
You know, I really like the last few strips. Scott handled it really, really well. I'm quite glad I was wrong.

GasBandit

Staff member
I went back and looked at earlier "golden age" PvPs, and coming back to the recent strips, I have to say it's a jolt to see how much the artwork has actually improved, especially when it comes to backgrounds and color. And yes, lately PVP's writing has been pretty quality.

The latest Trenches, on the other hand... Uh... is that supposed to be a punch line? I'm not sure what I... uh... huh.

Started reading her comic today and 'blitzed' through the archives in one sitting, not that there is much there but still. Found it more interesting, and indeed better coloured and drawn in most cases, than I've found PVP in years. I almost feel like I only read PVP any more because it's been a part of my net routine for so long. I kind of just mindlessly go there when I open a browser window now, along with a few other sites.
Same here. I've been a fan since High school so It's always going to be part of my webcomic routine(no matter how the Aswriting is). The latest Marcy x Francis story...ugh. WE GET IT! It's a reference to when Brent and Jade broke up and then later got back together! To some people this may seem subtle, I however find it annoyingly obvious.

Also, does anyone else find it annoying how Lucille is the voice of reason now and not Jade/Cole? It just bugs me is all.

Cajungal

Staff member
I actually like Lucille. It's interesting to see someone else's put out fires at PVP, and I like that she and Cole actually talked about how that is usually his job.

I actually like Lucille. It's interesting to see someone else's put out fires at PVP, and I like that she and Cole actually talked about how that is usually his job.
It's not that Lucille is a bad character(which she definitely is not she is actually well written) I just find it weird since when I was in high school Jade and Cole were always the voices of reason.

One good thing about the current strips is that Miranda hasn't been the focus in WEEKS. She...she has really been flanderized to the point of being the worst character in the comic.

I think we saw her together with Jade a few weeks back.
Yeah...I think she was talking to her...about something.

Speaking of Miranda, does anyone else find it annoying that Max Powers being gay helped assert her own damn self-loving self? For Christ's sake Kurtz, stop making this character more hatable! She's going through reverse character development dammit!

I'm still getting timed out/can't connect messages. Another Scott, Scott Christian Sava, informed me that his Dreamland Chronicles site was part of a DDOS attack on blind ferret.

Wow, today's was really funny, one of my favorites in a long time. That must be why they took down the site, no one must know that Kurtz can still write.

Several websites are down for me. I first noticed Girls with Slingshots (Google blocked it for me because of malware alert) on saturday and looked it up on the web.

Seems there were bad ads on the site, as well with the other Blind Ferret comics. According to Danielle's Facebook all is well again but it will take some time to sort it out to get cleared again by Google.

Blind Ferret Studios, which hosts LICD, LFG, GWS, Dreamland Chronicles, and some hack's comic strip site were attacked over the weekend. I'm still getting timeouts from PVP Online.

Huh...the new strip has me generally interested. What the hell? You mean Kurtz can STILL make interesting plots? Then what the hell was he doing for the past year?

And yeah the web-sites being down is really weird. Is it really a hacker?

To be brutally honest, I'd rather he writes a strip about Val's gaming group characters than Trenches at this point. That one just feels like it's truly going nowhere.

To be brutally honest, I'd rather he writes a strip about Val's gaming group characters than Trenches at this point. That one just feels like it's truly going nowhere.
Oh for the love of Satan the Trenches. What is it with so many new comedies and making the main character a complete douche? This goes for all mediums, its a trend I've been noticing and it needs to stop.

And yet the douche on the Trenches is hands down the most sympathetic character. Yeah, he got a guy fired... a guy who deserved to be fired many, many times. He did this to protect a woman whom at least cared about the game and it's community... and she was promoted over him, despite leaking the game destroying problem to begin with.

At least all he did was get some fucking armor.

AshburnerX This is true, which is kind of sad when you think about it. The apathetic douchey male-lead character is more likable than the character who acts like caring about the gamers is a valid excuse to leak company secrets. I guess her getting promoted was supposed to show that she is being rewarded for a good deed, but in reality she didn't do anything good at all. If this were some real issue like revealing info to stock holders so they wouldn't lose REAL money than yeah I would root for her. This is game money. Nothing matters.

While still on the topic of Trenches, does anyone else find it annoying how Gwen from PvP is in this now? Making this comic a spin-off? Nice try Kurtz , but it still won't make me give too craps.

North_Ranger

Staff member
While still on the topic of Trenches, does anyone else find it annoying how Gwen from PvP is in this now? Making this comic a spin-off? Nice try Kurtz , but it still won't make me give too craps.
I do believe I mentioned a certain bodily reaction to Gwen's transformation from a comic hottie to what appears to be a rotting eggplant with a nacho chip for nose.