[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

For a face that looks as frazzled as Cole's, I'd kind of expect some arm movement. Scott's art has gotten a lot better, but it got a lot more static, so these dialogue heavy strips are boring to look at.

These latest strips feel like reading Rex Morgan Md or something. I think Scott should run with it and go full soap opera strip. Those things usually bring the funny albeit unintentionally.

figmentPez

Staff member
I wonder if Kurtz will continue to wrap up all the characters moving so quickly. I really hope he's not rushing through the move just so he can get to Seattle stories, it really would have been better to have a "one year later..." type thing if he wanted to tell Seattle stories, with the option to go back and show the moving hi-jinks in flashbacks. I really don't want a series of "oh yeah, this character is moving too" strips.
Monday: The Panda
Tuesday: Miranda
Wednesday: Reggie
Thursday: Skull gets nervous about moving (despite having a whole story arc where he shuffled around to different kids)
Friday: Shecky shows up to help Skull get over his anxiety.

Dave

Staff member
I keep waiting for Francis to buy a large dog and solve mysteries from the back of a van.

I really hope he's not rushing through the move just so he can get to Seattle stories,
I don't think that really matters. I doubt he has any stories that actually need to be set in Seattle outside of the "Oh hey, here we are in Seattle" strip.

Francis now as two distinct eyeballs without hair constantly getting in the way of of them. I like this art change.

D

Disconnected

yes instead of the hair hanging in front of his eyes like a scrub, it now defies physics and biology by hanging BEHIND them.
Not sure I think its good or bad yet (can allow for better expression) but it just looks bizarre to me.

figmentPez

Staff member
Good question, and are those two the only ones who will ever do the level-up gag? Have the rest of the gang reached max level?

The only thing I can think of with this whole "move to Seattle" thing is that Brent is, obviously, going to be banned from Starbucks (ala how he was banned from the Apple Store).

What I find amusing is that he still has up on his newspost the advertisement of Girl Genius Day - which happened about a week ago. In a touch of irony (and I may or may not be using the term correctly, but who cares), GG is created and drawn by the husband and wife team of Phil and Kaja Foglio. Phil, of course, has a long, long, LONG history as a comic artist - so long that it's likely he was drawing for Dragon Magazine and the like back before Kurtz even put pen to paper. Comparing the Foglio's operations to that of PvP is somewhat akin to comparing Porsche to Chrysler.

. Comparing the Foglio's operations to that of PvP is somewhat akin to comparing Porsche to Chrysler.
Assuming you first elevate Kurtz's operations to that of Chrysler. It's more like a few guys in a shed in Birmingham you hear about all the time on Top Gear.

Dave

Staff member
I wish he'd do a week on the people who move into their old offices. The Giant Panda has to stay there and you know that there's a truckload of stale troll farts wafting around somewhere. Add in the fact that strange and supernatural creatures may be stopping by (Shecky for example) and you have a week of totally non-related PvPness that would be awesome.

And here I thought Miranda had grown up. Is Da Kurtz regressing back to 1999, when his comic was relevant or something?

Dave

Staff member
Miranda's posture is atrocious. Girl needs to straighten up
She has back trouble. If you know what I mean.

Guys, she's losing her sister and hurt that Jade feels that there's nothing holding her in Texas. Since Miranda doesn't know how to express her emotions like an adult, she falls back into what she knows. I think she's staying true to her character.