[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

Lucille is in love with max. Max obviously isn't interested. She threatens to bring down the company unless they go on a date. Max accidentally schedules another date at the same time, so he tries juggling both dates.

Something like that?
No no no. Cole is going to walk in, see Max kissing Lucille, and misunderstand what is going on. Hilarity and hijinx ensue.

Or Max's boyfriend will see that he cheated on him and be pissed.

Come to think of it, I'd kinda like it if he went that route.

No no no. Cole is going to walk in, see Max kissing Lucille, and misunderstand what is going on. Hilarity and hijinx ensue And all of a sudden we get a week of Lolbat visiting Shecky and the night out never gets mentioned again.
I cleared up your definition of hilarity and hijinx, no problem.

Yeah what exactly IS Max's status? I mean, who actually knows about it?
I think only Jade knew for sure. There was a rumor that everyone in the office started gossiping, and eventually lead to Cole going to max's apartment to ask if it was true. Max asked "would it matter?" And Cole said no, prompting max to say goodnight and close the door

GasBandit

Staff member
I think only Jade knew for sure. There was a rumor that everyone in the office started gossiping, and eventually lead to Cole going to max's apartment to ask if it was true. Max asked "would it matter?" And Cole said no, prompting max to say goodnight and close the door
I would have thought that would be as good as confirmation, as heterosexual males don't generally respond in that manner.

I thought Max implied he was gay back when Cole blew up at Max about "stealing" some girl back in college? Did that get retconned or something?

The more I read the horror tales accompanying The Trenches, the more I want to just wipe all the games off my machines and tell the whole industry to fuck off and die.

Then I wonder if this is common in other areas of software. Do the testers of say, Office or Photoshop get treated as shabbily as game testers? How can people tolerate being used like chattel?

Maybe it's like sausage. Enjoy the end product, but you do NOT want to know how it's made.

The more I read the horror tales accompanying The Trenches, the more I want to just wipe all the games off my machines and tell the whole industry to fuck off and die.

Then I wonder if this is common in other areas of software. Do the testers of say, Office or Photoshop get treated as shabbily as game testers? How can people tolerate being used like chattel?

Maybe it's like sausage. Enjoy the end product, but you do NOT want to know how it's made.
Dude, I was coming to here just now to write exactly this, only of course in different words. Why would anyone ever work as a tester? Yeah, the job market isn't incredible, but testing jobs are always so crowded with people trying to get them. Like it's a way for them to get an actual developer job (almost never is).

GasBandit

Staff member
The more Trenches comics I read, the less I want to. It should be retitled "The blundering adventures of the clueless asshole. LAUGH AT HIM. I said laugh! Come on, laugh?"

Necronic

Staff member
She used the situation to her advantage to help run off her ex-husband, so he did help her. I don't think she'll fire him or anything like that. I think this will be a jumping off point to get some character exposition on her past. Not a bad way to do it either.

The more Trenches comics I read, the less I want to. It should be retitled "The blundering adventures of the clueless asshole. LAUGH AT HIM. I said laugh! Come on, laugh?"
Yes, the protagonist is getting less and less likeable. I never felt connected to him or anything, but in the beginning he was, what, supposedly the goody who gets thrown into QA though he's overqualified etc etc and he can live through all those stories being told down there, as the outsider we can identify with. Now he's....the loser jerk who's upset because everyone around him gets promoted over his head because he's a useless tool? I dunno.

She used the situation to her advantage to help run off her ex-husband, so he did help her. I don't think she'll fire him or anything like that. I think this will be a jumping off point to get some character exposition on her past. Not a bad way to do it either.
I really hope this doesn't turn into a thing where it's revealed Max is actually Bisexual, because it would feel like a huge cop-out on Scott's part.

S

Soliloquy

You know, whenever I watch Dumbo, it seems to me that the crows' "Magic Feather" ploy was just being used so they'd have an excuse to push an elephant off a cliff and watch it die.

(couldn't find a better video)

I get that "OK Kisses" is a parody of OK Cupid, but didn't he used to shill for Geek 2 Geek? Why not use them, especially after having Cole dork out all night... just seems like a missed opportunity.

He sponsored SoulGeek on the Daily Affirmation at one time in 2007, but given his wider audience, I think OKCupid is the more widely-recognized parody.