Random Video Game Crap

Totally, I should listen to the people tone policing and not addressing any of my points. I have learned much from this
I think it's wild that you interpret "maybe don't be a dickhead unprovoked to everyone who disagrees with you" as "tone policing." Also that you respond to a seemingly endless stream of people not understanding what you're arguing about or why by dismissing them out of hand and never for a moment considering that your own communication might be causing the problem.

Do you, though; I'm sure that never, ever changing your approach will give you different results eventually!

I think it's wild that you interpret "maybe don't be a dickhead unprovoked to everyone who disagrees with you" as "tone policing." Also that you respond to a seemingly endless stream of people not understanding what you're arguing about or why by dismissing them out of hand and never for a moment considering that your own communication might be causing the problem.

Do you, though; I'm sure that never, ever changing your approach will give you different results eventually!
Have fun parroting the opinions of everyone you follow, I'm gonna go have fun playing a game bc somehow I had enough free time to click on a torrent

Have fun parroting the opinions of everyone you follow, I'm gonna go have fun playing a game bc somehow I had enough free time to click on a torrent
Before you run off to celebrate your winning this conversation or whatever it is you think just happened, do me a quick favour and point out where I expressed any opinions about the game at all? Or, for that matter, where I commented on anything besides you being an asshole to people trying to engage you in a discussion that your continued posts suggested you might be open to?

I'll wait.

Before you run off to celebrate your winning this conversation or whatever it is you think just happened, do me a quick favour and point out where I expressed any opinions about the game at all? Or, for that matter, where I commented on anything besides you being an asshole to people trying to engage you in a discussion that your continued posts suggested you might be open to?

I'll wait.
Then why did you call me out? Whose opinion was I being dismissive of?

It's always video games & movies where these arguments happen. We've had abortion topics with less back & forth.
Lol right? I really snapped at people back when gamergate started. This is nothing for me
Post automatically merged:

I can knock it off if this argument is really going to be a problem here but I would prefer to keep going

Then why did you call me out? Whose opinion was I being dismissive of?
There are four posts in the past ~3 pages of this thread where you've either outright dismissed someone's opinions with a "K," implied that people are being childish or stupid for not going to the effort of finding, pirating, and playing a critically-panned game before accepting that the widely-spread evidence of its issues do, in fact, suggest that there are real issues, and shared something you posted somewhere else, in a totally different argument, where you condescendingly told someone that you hoped they learned something from reading your rant. You also responded to being called out on the first couple examples of douchebaggery by asserting that you didn't bother to read what I wrote, and making the passive-aggressive assertion that you'd hurt my feelings if you responded while at the same time trying to take the high ground by totally-not-actually-responding.

Your approach to discussion sucks. You seem to be proud of causing conflicts and arguments rather than actually addressing whatever topic is under discussion. Tossing insults doesn't make you better or smarter than the person trying to engage with you, and neither does being an edgelord. It really is a reminder of the worst discussions that used to happen around here, and it's tiring.

Either way, I guess you've made it pretty clear that you just thrive on the conflict you're causing, so I'll stop giving you the benefit of the doubt and engaging like you might make an effort to be civil. Oh well.

There are four posts in the past ~3 pages of this thread where you've either outright dismissed someone's opinions with a "K," implied that people are being childish or stupid for not going to the effort of finding, pirating, and playing a critically-panned game before accepting that the widely-spread evidence of its issues do, in fact, suggest that there are real issues, and shared something you posted somewhere else, in a totally different argument, where you condescendingly told someone that you hoped they learned something from reading your rant. You also responded to being called out on the first couple examples of douchebaggery by asserting that you didn't bother to read what I wrote, and making the passive-aggressive assertion that you'd hurt my feelings if you responded while at the same time trying to take the high ground by totally-not-actually-responding.

Your approach to discussion sucks. You seem to be proud of causing conflicts and arguments rather than actually addressing whatever topic is under discussion. Tossing insults doesn't make you better or smarter than the person trying to engage with you, and neither does being an edgelord. It really is a reminder of the worst discussions that used to happen around here, and it's tiring.

Either way, I guess you've made it pretty clear that you just thrive on the conflict you're causing, so I'll stop giving you the benefit of the doubt and engaging like you might make an effort to be civil. Oh well.
Whose opinion? Who here has played these games?

Whose opinion? Who here has played these games?
Jesus Christ.

"The reviews are terrible and therefore it's not worth the trouble of finding, downloading, installing and playing" is an opinion. It's a valid one.

"The game has an obscene number of bugs, and a lot of evidence that the remaster was lazy" is a valid opinion.

"I've watched gameplay and I think it looks bad" is a valid opinion.

None of them are invalidated by "but you haven't played the game yourself!" They're certainly not invalidated by "a real adult would go download and spend hours playing the game before deciding not to play the game" or whatever your exact wording was. They're not invalidated by a "K."

And even if they were? The way you attack the people saying things still sucks.

Jesus Christ.

"The reviews are terrible and therefore it's not worth the trouble of finding, downloading, installing and playing" is an opinion. It's a valid one.

"The game has an obscene number of bugs, and a lot of evidence that the remaster was lazy" is a valid opinion.

"I've watched gameplay and I think it looks bad" is a valid opinion.

None of them are invalidated by "but you haven't played the game yourself!" They're certainly not invalidated by "a real adult would go download and spend hours playing the game before deciding not to play the game" or whatever your exact wording was. They're not invalidated by a "K."

And even if they were? The way you attack the people saying things still sucks.
Um if you don't have hours to play a game then why would you have an opinion on a game? Personally I would love to hear an opinion on a game you have played

I don't care what the reviews on anything are, nobody has my taste and I'm not going to live my life by everybody else's lol

Last edited:
The main thing I'm taking from this conversation is I need to increase the expiration timer on the double post merger.
Oh you must have missed out on cat's keyboard problem in the random tech thread lol. Dave made a pretty good point itt, I've posted about movies, music, books, drugs, games and I think this opinion on one game (really 1/3 bc I only thought the vice city remaster was actually good) has seriously upset someone. I don't get it but I do love to argue and it's not like I can force anyone to argue with me. We're all adults here, I'd hope

Oh you must have missed out on cat's keyboard problem in the random tech thread lol. Dave made a pretty good point itt, I've posted about movies, music, books, drugs, games and I think this opinion on one game (really 1/3 bc I only thought the vice city remaster was actually good) has seriously upset someone. I don't get it but I do love to argue and it's not like I can force anyone to argue with me. We're all adults here, I'd hope
From what I've seen, it hasn't really upset anyone. And yet, anyone on here who has an opposing opinion about it, you lash out of at them in the most defensive way. It's not just that you want to defend the game for whatever reason. It's that you overreact to any kind of criticism, talking about "tone policing" and "block/ban me."

EDIT: I'm just as guilty of lashing out, though I fully admit it's usually because there's other shit going on in my life and the thing said was a trigger. But this is consistent and unnecessary.

Last edited:
How long has the latest version of Civ been out. I think I have played it before, but can't really remember. It's got this deja vu feeling, that I really dislike the religion stuff.

GasBandit

Staff member
How long has the latest version of Civ been out. I think I have played it before, but can't really remember. It's got this deja vu feeling, that I really dislike the religion stuff.
Civ 6 is the latest I think. It came out in 2016 but has had numerous expansions since.

Civ 6 is the latest I think. It came out in 2016 but has had numerous expansions since.
5 years?! Damn, I bet I got it on CD at the store and only think it's new because I am using this steam contraption now.

Heh, do steam games count as steampunk?

From what I've seen, it hasn't really upset anyone. And yet, anyone on here who has an opposing opinion about it, you lash out of at them in the most defensive way. It's not just that you want to defend the game for whatever reason. It's that you overreact to any kind of criticism, talking about "tone policing" and "block/ban me."

EDIT: I'm just as guilty of lashing out, though I fully admit it's usually because there's other shit going on in my life and the thing said was a trigger. But this is consistent and unnecessary.
I posted that and that once after what I thought were really dumb emotional responses. I could be wrong about this, I'll look it over again and try to see where I went wrong here

Last edited:
I was in the sa-mp community, I've played a lot of pc san andreas. The remaster is better than the original pc port in every way. The original was designed to run at 24 fps and had a frame limiter in the options bc the game would break down if the frame rate was too high. You couldn't even drive anywhere bc the cars would auto brake whenever you let off the gas. The original did not support analog controls for steering, acceleration, or braking, I had to mod that back into the game and back it up so I wouldn't have to do it again. Modders were pirating the original unpatched version for compatibility anyway. So I'm pretty damn happy I can play this game smoothly now
I should not have said in every way here, there are some technical issues that are not apparent in the first two hours, frame rate and controller support are major improvements over the original pc port.

I

I don't care, the new faces have moving parts. They are expressive in the cutscenes
This was also a mistake, I reinstalled the steam version of vice city to compare it and the faces there were a lot more expressive than I remembered

Ho-lee shit. I knew the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition launch was a disaster, but not to this extent.

There are a lot of points in this that in retrospect kinda sound like capitalist apologia. I could go over everything I disagreed with point to point later

GasBandit

Staff member
@Cat - come on. You just posted 7 times in a row without interruption in the same thread within an hour, several times to the same person or at least to part of the same conversation.

There's an edit button if you want to add more content to a post, you know. And this isn't twitter, you don't have a character limit and stringing together multiple single sentence posts just looks obnoxious in this format.

It took a couple decades, but we have finally achieved gender equality in volleyball cheesecake games!

Launching December 10th... it's Retired Men's Nude Beach Volleyball!

Now wait just a damn minute. When a women's volleyball game comes out, it's all about jiggle physics. But this game doesn't have any dangling old man dongs flopping about? Where's the justice in that?

It's a stream of consciousness thing, I need to get my thoughts organized before I post
There is (or should be) a little floppy disc icon in the edit bar. If you select it, there are options to save or delete a draft of what you've already typed, even through multiple visits to the forum. That allows you to collect and edit your post as much as you want before you finally post/commit it even if you close out the forum (or go between devices). I have found it useful.
Launching December 10th... it's Retired Men's Nude Beach Volleyball!
"You remember Genital Jousting? Prepare yourselves for Genital Juggling!"

--Patrick