Random Video Game Crap

figmentPez

Staff member
YouTube recently recommended to me a bunch of videos of strange Game Genie codes for Super Mario games. All sorts of shit I never knew was possible.

However, it reminded me of something I noticed as a kid, but have never heard anyone talk about. The Game Genie had a really responsive cursor for entering codes. It almost made the D-pad feel like analog. I never felt like I was struggling to get the cursor over the right letter, or that it was slow to enter codes, unlike nearly every other time I had to enter letters or symbols in a NES game.

GasBandit

Staff member
So it's been a while since I talked about Idle Champions. Today marked the beginning of this year's christmas, er, sorry, I mean "Simril" event. The central aspect of the event is another blast-from-the-past character. Remember how before I'd gotten Dungeon Master? Well now they've rolled out Warduke.

1669940227707.png

Yeah, THIS guy. Remember THIS guy?

1669940119961.png

1669940185636.png

So yeah, he's a front line DPS tank who gets bonuses from having other chaotic or evil or gold-gathering characters in the group. Which sounds kinda neat but is situational.

But where he really gets stupid powerful is, every time he attacks or gets attacked, his attack damage goes up by 1600% (additively). That's fucking nuts. If he swings his sword ten times, he is literally multiplying his damage by 1.6 million percent and it KEEPS. GOING. UP. I used to struggle to get past round 250. Now with this guy in my party for the first time I'm sailing past round 300 with no sign of even stopping.

The bizarre thing about him though, is the "chaos" he brings to your party inverts all positional buff abilities. Does your healer heal people adjacent to them? Surprise! Now they heal everyone NOT adjacent to them, so better stick them way in the back! Does your bard buff everyone forward of them in the formation? Surprise! Now the bard would buff everyone NOT in front of them (same rank or behind). So, if they're not in the front rank they're pretty useless (and that's a terrible place for a squishy bard to be). So everything you previously knew about party formation gets turned on its head.

But so far, from what I'm seeing, he is SO worth it. His damage output is in. sane.

1669940990325.png

Round 311 and this guy is doing 3.07e69 effective DPS before multipliers, and he cleaves. Every time he attacks or gets hit, his damage goes up by 1600%. With him as the tip of the spear, I can't imagine how far this run is going to go.

Edit - whoops, just leveled up again... now it's 3200% per swing/hit.

GasBandit

Staff member

And ironically the latter feels so much more brutal, especially when it's a boss. One target, 9 guys just dogpiling on.

Terrik sent me a screenshot of him doing a fashion shoot of his Final Fantasy character, so I sent him a picture of my Darktide ogryn.

View attachment 42997

Eloi and morloks XD

This is the video in which that image is one of 90 that I posed (you have no idea how much work that was). The Chinese title essentially means "those who are fated to meet, but not be together".

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Snuffles and I still have a hard time accepting that this is what you want to do instead of purge heretics with us.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think, of all the people on this forum, @GasBandit is the one most qualified to guess how long posing and editing 90 images together could take.

—Patrick
I mean, it's not like I've spent two straight weeks of every waking moment of my spare time ripping, rigging, posing and animating a 3D character or anything... several times over...

GasBandit

Staff member
So Darktide just came out a couple weeks ago and it's great.... and now Valheim's mistlands update has dropped... and today Dwarf Fortress's steam version (With graphics and mouse controls!) has finally launched... and we were already spooling back up in Grounded...

Man, talk about from famine to feast, I don't have enough time to play everything I want to now >_<

So Darktide just came out a couple weeks ago and it's great.... and now Valheim's mistlands update has dropped... and today Dwarf Fortress's steam version (With graphics and mouse controls!) has finally launched... and we were already spooling back up in Grounded...

Man, talk about from famine to feast, I don't have enough time to play everything I want to now >_<
My problem is I'm already gorged.

I've been messing around with Valheim on the Steam Deck. It runs great out of the box, but it eats the battery alive. ALSO controller inputs bleh. Next step is getting mods installed on the deck I suppose.

GasBandit

Staff member
My problem is I'm already gorged.
I know you got the MMO monkey on your back, but for me, it was more like I couldn't muster the give-a-shit to play much of anything for the few weeks between when I 100%'d Vampire Survivors and when Darktide launched.

I've been messing around with Valheim on the Steam Deck. It runs great out of the box, but it eats the battery alive. ALSO controller inputs bleh. Next step is getting mods installed on the deck I suppose.
Maybe I'm just old, but I've only found 2 games so far (Vampire Survivors and Road Redemption) where controller inputs haven't been a severe impediment to me, and on both of those, I still prefer mouse and keyboard if I can get it.

But I just got a nice wireless mouse and keyboard for my deck dock, and though couch Kb/M isn't great, it's still way better than controller sticks, buttons, and triggers.

And really, what DOESN'T eat the Deck's battery alive? heh.