Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Uncle Don passed away today. Good man. Difficult, sometimes, as loners can be, but a good guy. Loved his family, especially his parents/my grandparents. Fantastic hunter, volunteer for wetland preservation, talented carpenter and furniture maker. Hardest working, most diligent and impeccable person you'll ever meet. Quick with a joke and a Saskatchewan Pilsner.

Hurts. Feel for my dad. Feel for my grandmother who will have to learn about this more than once since her memory is not great. Damn.

If you're the praying sort, one for him and one for my family tonight.

So housing prices here are a bit nuts at the moment, and out of curiosity I went poking around the surrounding neighbourhood to see what was selling for what.
See my mom's place a few subdivisions over listed as 'sold.' Not that weird, they keep records like that visible for a the better part of a year, and she's been in that place for under a year.
Mouse over the listing... those a different pictures; and I recognize the furniture.
Oh. For. F&@%$ Sake.

She moved.

She picked up.
Sold her house.
And moved.

WITHOUT TELLING ME.

IN MARCH!

I was the last remaining relative that she was on speaking terms with, at least until she had a hissy fit when I wasn't perfectly perky towards her when I was a week out of hospital last September, and when she hung up on @Eriol and I when we called in October to invite her for Thanksgiving.

So fuck her.
Fuck her money.
Fuck her verbal and emotional abuse.
Fuck her narcissism.
Fuck her gas-lighting.

I don't even know if she's still in the province, but I'm getting the locks changed ASAP.

Oh, and Fuck Mother's Day.

My dad is in the hospital. He's stable now and he maybe will be home monday (if nothing else happens). A few years ago you can probably remember everything that happened to us. That time I was feeling pretty bad. But part of me knew that eventually things will probably get better. This time, I don't even have that.

It's hard. All my life I've been afraid of the world and my dad always seems capable of anything. But now he's dying and barely conscious. So fast. Less than a month
i was 28, some 7 years ago when my dad passed from cancer, I feel you my dude, life is fleeting, make the most of the time you have with the people you love. but hell what do I know, I'm just a simple fisherman.

My dad wanted to be cremated. My youngest brother wanted a little bottle with some of his ashes in it. I'm not interested in those things but I had no problem with him keeping a little piece of my dad. In the end he did not arrive with one bottle but with three. My anti-vaccine brother said he wanted one too, so we agreed on a small bottle each. After we gave the person in charge the bottles, the anti-vaxxer searched the internet and found that human remains in a house attracted evil spirits and now he didn't want it anymore, and it scared my little brother who now didn't want his bottle either. In the end, my aunt ended up with one, and my youngest brother and I with the others. I wanted to punch the pendejo in the face. I don't believe much in spiritual things but it seemed to me a huge lack of respect for the remains of my father.

I prefer to imagine that this involved police officers holding him down in a large body of water.
It would mean that they kept him from leaving the area where the large body of water is located, but not necessarily kept him in it.
Or it could mean they kept him yelling "Awooo!" the entire time.

--Patrick

Thanks a fucking lot, Intelcom Express, for leaving my package on the floor in the goddamn lobby while I was at work. SURPRISE. It wasn't fucking there when I got home. So that's my money right down the drain from an Amazon purchase.

Oh, and this "helpful" picture was taken by the delivery driver. Fuck you.

Attachments

GasBandit

Staff member
Thanks a fucking lot, Intelcom Express, for leaving my package on the floor in the goddamn lobby while I was at work. SURPRISE. It wasn't fucking there when I got home. So that's my money right down the drain from an Amazon purchase.

That sucks. But you can definitely dispute that and get a replacement or a refund. Still a pain in the ass, I know.

When we were still in an apartment, Canada Post left $2000 of computer parts sitting in our hallway for 6 hours. When we complained they just said "We have FlexDelivey you can sign up for!"...

Luckily everything remained until we got home but still.

Update:
So I just had a good look around the tiny lobby only to realize something: that picture isn't even my lobby. It doesn't match. My lobby doesn't have a hand sanitizer, for example.

They delivered it to the wrong building entirely.

Last edited:
Update:
So I just had a good look around the tiny lobby only to realize something: that picture isn't even my lobby. It doesn't match. My lobby doesn't have a hand sanitizer, for example.

They delivered it to the wrong building entity.
Intelcom is the worst of the low-cost delivery services I have ever dealt with. Sorry you're going through this with them. Hopefully Amazon will refund you without hassle.