RIAA, "DRM is dead."

Status
Not open for further replies.
JCM said:
I refuse to buy anything that starts with "X", has been reviewd at exactly 80% by metacritic, or has been published on a day of a full moon.

Just like your roms, right? :slywink:
At least you admit it. :slywink:
JCM said:
Strawman? Just because I download one movie unavaliable here (and buy 5 dvds a week) doesnt man the Rom-in-pcs crowd is any better.
I'm going out on a limb here but I doubt your purchase to download ratio is 5/1. :bush:

JCM said:
I just have to keep correcting idiots who dont know what DRM is, and laughing at how many people, after being unable to prove anything I said is wrong, take to off-topic questioning.
:smug:
Yet you corrected nothing and all you did was dance beautifully for m.e :zoid:
Le Quack said:
It just seems like stupid propaganda to me, since you are an avid pirater.
Psssst, cause it is. :paranoid:

J

JCM

Heh, emulating Shegiko now with the strawmen? I probably buy more books, games and dvds than you do (I am raising 3 siblings and am a geek after all), but since Im an "avid-pirater", can I call you "DRM-worshipper"?

After all, off-topic insulting is the only way to go, since one cant refute any of the stuff posted in the first page.

JCM said:
Heh, emulating Shegiko now with the strawmen? I probably buy more books, games and dvds than you do (I am raising 3 siblings and am a geek after all), but since Im an "avid-pirater", can I call you "DRM-worshipper"?

After all, off-topic insulting is the only way to go, since one cant refute any of the stuff posted in the first page.
Shegokigo said:
I'm going out on a limb here but I doubt your purchase to download ratio is 5/1. :bush:
JCM said:
Pssst, the only person being degrading/insultive this whole thread is you. :slywink:

J

JCM

Pssst, the only person being degrading/insultive this whole thread is you.
Really?

If I remember right, you were the one screaming out pirate! and writing offtopic posts insulting me, with countless users asking what is your point, and if you had any?

Shegokigo said:
At least you admit it. :slywink:

Of course you are going to do so, after all the incorrect stuff you had me laught at, but since you DRM-defending (and yet, ROM pirating) people are so curious, I do buy at an average 5 movies and a book or two weekly (more whenever there is a sale), so thats more bought than downloaded.

TV shows and old console ROMS? Guilty as charged.
PSP and DS? Depends on avaliability.

Now please, do continue, its a breath fo fresh air after having to correct you every post. Now, may I ask what is your ratio, and how many ROMS and MP3s do you and LeQuack have?

JCM said:
Really?

If I remember right, you were the one screaming out pirate! and writing offtopic posts insulting me, with countless users asking what is your point, and if you had any?
But JCM, if pirating to stick it to the man is so "ok" why would you take "pirate" as an insult? :rofl: Oh and please go digging around the thread to find these "offtopic posts insulting" that I did to you. Come on now, get moving. Hunt boy! Hunt!

JCM said:
Of course you are going to do so, after all the incorrect stuff you had me laught at, but since you DRM-defending (and yet, ROM pirating) people are so curious, I do buy at an average 5 movies and a book or two weekly (more whenever there is a sale), so thats more bought than downloaded.
I'm trying to figure how where I said I didn't download stuff? Hm, I don't play the "Oh my god, don't call me a pirate!" shtick the way you do.
JCM said:
Now please, do continue, its a breath fo fresh air after having to correct you every post. Now, may I ask what is your ratio, and how many ROMS and MP3s do you and LeQuack have?
You haven't corrected a silly thing in this whole thread JCM. You've danced quite predictably though.

J

JCM

Not telling me about your ROMs, are you? Because fair Shego,it seems idiotic for someone who breaks copyright as much as I do to rely on pirate, and I didnt insult anything beyond your level.

My apologies if you got so sensitive over it, I´ll play nicer next time, if it got you that riled (to the point of now saying Team is DRM)
Shegiko said:
You haven't corrected a silly thing in this whole thread JCM
Still drunk after answering countless posters who still didnt get your point? *sigh* Again we go and pass your wall of rather incorrrect BS, worse than youtube comments.

Shegokigo who never heard of online activations said:
Seriously, same thing here, I can play offline mode without ever getting online.
Shegokigo who needs seriously to travel said:
Unless I way to play in the middle of the rainforest.
shegiko who never read the STEAM EULA or game descriptions said:
As far as I know, there are no third party DRM with STEAM purchased games.
Shegokigo who mytholocically think pirates dont crack games said:
Must suck for those who pirate games more than they purchase them huh?
Hey said:
Oh you're totally right, pirates have way more claim to a game than someone who paid for it.
Shegokigo who blames users for buying a game cd early and cant play the game said:
Sad situation, glad you totally understand that some companies have issues with launch days.
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
Shegiko with no point said:
Tegid said:
Reading comprehension FAIL
That, or I'm not getting your point.
You're not.
Shegiko at her reading comprehension best said:
Activation for single-player offline is useless against piracy, because people who pirate already buy cds/get torrents cracked and working, days before paying customers manage to get their game activated.
Which totally makes it alright? Nice point there.
More hilarity and unclear BS about DRM having any effect on piracy-
Shegokigo still not making any sense said:
tegid said:
What I don't get, Shego, is why you think it's wrong to crack or whatever a game you have bought if, because of any reason, you can't regularly register it. Or aren't you?
I have absolutely nothing against people who purchase and then crack them.
Shegokigo who thinks pirates crack games and dont download them cracked said:
I'm saying, it wouldn't be required at all if there weren't a certain breed of people out there, and on these boards (who have flaunted it in the past) requiring companies to take those steps. Whether or not there is a "crack out within a couple of days", it deters the less skilled from getting it or even the best "cracks" are glitchy and sometimes bug out is hardly a point for "why bother trying to protect your game?" arguments.
Shegokigo now running away said:
tegid said:
He was talking about that case, and you answer like he was talking about pirates... This is the confusing point.
Only because you're not familiar with JCM.
But as I said, apologies for replying to your off-topic insulting and that it got you so upset, and I´ll be glad to let you believe that you didnt entertain me writing BS for a few pages.

Whatever you believe girl.

JCM said:
Not telling me about your ROMs, are you? Because fair Shego,it seems idiotic for someone who breaks copyright as much as I do to rely on pirate, and I didnt insult anything beyond your level.

My apologies if you got so sensitive over it, I´ll play nicer next time, if it got you that riled (to the point of now saying Team is DRM)
Way to double fail. I'm telling you all about my ROMs, I'm admitting them freely (for the 2nd time now) and you didn't insult anything beyond my level? "pathetic/idiotic etc" That's a bit beyond saying "pirate" don't you think?
Riled me up JCM? Oh don't you wish. Seeing you go "raaaaaage" all over this thread while I pulled the strings though. That was awesome.
JCM said:
But as I said, apologies for replying to your off-topic insulting and that it got you so upset, and I´ll be glad to let you believe that you didnt entertain me writing BS for a few pages.

Whatever you believe girl.
I even got you to hunt for insults (cracks the whip) but sadly you came up with nothing beyond me calling you a pirate. Which for some reason you take as an insult, even though you do it openly.

See, when someone calls me one I say "Arrrr matey!" instead of trying to deny or justify it as you do.

J

JCM

Shegokigo said:
I even got you to hunt for insults (cracks the whip).
I just reposted your rather incorrect stupidity, while I ahve no problem in admitting I download stuff, you seem to be very sensitive over me carring you incorrect and wrong with everything that you posted above.

My apologies, I never knew you would get so sensitive, or would turn around and claim that something you said wasnt DRM suddenly was. Its okay to admit it, but its to make up another reality in which you didnt write all the following (and more)
Shegiko said:
You haven't corrected a silly thing in this whole thread JCM
Still drunk after answering countless posters who still didnt get your point? *sigh* Again we go and pass your wall of rather incorrrect BS, worse than youtube comments.

Shegokigo who never heard of online activations said:
Seriously, same thing here, I can play offline mode without ever getting online.
Shegokigo who needs seriously to travel said:
Unless I way to play in the middle of the rainforest.
shegiko who never read the STEAM EULA or game descriptions said:
As far as I know, there are no third party DRM with STEAM purchased games.
Shegokigo who mytholocically think pirates dont crack games said:
Must suck for those who pirate games more than they purchase them huh?
Hey said:
Oh you're totally right, pirates have way more claim to a game than someone who paid for it.
Shegokigo who blames users for buying a game cd early and cant play the game said:
Sad situation, glad you totally understand that some companies have issues with launch days.
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
Shegiko with no point said:
Tegid said:
Reading comprehension FAIL
That, or I'm not getting your point.
You're not.
Shegiko at her reading comprehension best said:
Activation for single-player offline is useless against piracy, because people who pirate already buy cds/get torrents cracked and working, days before paying customers manage to get their game activated.
Which totally makes it alright? Nice point there.
More hilarity and unclear BS about DRM having any effect on piracy-
Shegokigo still not making any sense said:
tegid said:
What I don't get, Shego, is why you think it's wrong to crack or whatever a game you have bought if, because of any reason, you can't regularly register it. Or aren't you?
I have absolutely nothing against people who purchase and then crack them.
Shegokigo who thinks pirates crack games and dont download them cracked said:
I'm saying, it wouldn't be required at all if there weren't a certain breed of people out there, and on these boards (who have flaunted it in the past) requiring companies to take those steps. Whether or not there is a "crack out within a couple of days", it deters the less skilled from getting it or even the best "cracks" are glitchy and sometimes bug out is hardly a point for "why bother trying to protect your game?" arguments.
Shegokigo now running away said:
tegid said:
He was talking about that case, and you answer like he was talking about pirates... This is the confusing point.
Only because you're not familiar with JCM.
Apologies for making fun of you being wrong. :uhhuh:

L

Le Quack

Really, I only say it because it makes you biased.

A biased opinion isn't one I can trust to make a non biased decision.

JCM said:
I just reposted your rather incorrect stupidity, while I ahve no problem in admitting I download stuff, you seem to be very sensitive over me carring you incorrect and wrong with everything that you posted above.
Then you fail at reading comprehension and post interpretation. :rofl: Cause all you did was exactly what I told you to do, on command at that. (cracks the whip again)

JCM said:
My apologies, I never knew you would get so sensitive, or would turn around and claim that something you said wasnt DRM suddenly was. Its okay to admit it, but its to make up another reality in which you didnt write all the following (and more)Apologies for making fun of you being wrong. :uhhuh:
You didn't even come close to "making me sensitive" or "hurt". Not even the same zip code as either of those. Though you do beautifully jump through hoops held up for you. :rofl: You didn't prove anything wrong because there was no discussion. Everything I wrote in this thread was about 98% to get you to raaaaaage and it went swimmingly.

*holds up another hoop*
Cmon boy, you can do it! :rofl:

J

JCM

I WASNT WRONG I WAS PRETENDING TO BE WRONG AND STUPID and Jump hoops
Sorry, I dont know where that hoop has been, but again, while we both share the fact we pirate, but you were wrong, over and over. And entertained me, specially that post after I made you believe you´d get the last post.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pretending that you werent that idiotic because of a soreness over losing,god, thats the most pathetic Ive seen in a while. Its like watching Osama cry "I WASNT WRONG! I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO THINK THE US WAS THE GREAT SATAN", again, Im sorry babygirl, I never knew you would get so sensitive, or would turn around and claim that something you said wasnt DRM suddenly was. Its okay to admit it, but its to make up another reality in which you didnt write all the following (and more)Apologies for making fun of you being wrong[/quote].
Le Quack said:

As you havent read the thread, I just corrected Shegiko[s posts with stuff like STEAM isnt DRM, and that there isnt third-party DRM. And I have said-
JCM said:
I dont play PC games anymore
JCM said:
I said its DRM, but taking away some 3rd-party games, its not bad. And I agree 100% on Apple, I stopped buying their shit this year when I had a company-bought Macbook die on me, and go without any support because my %$^# company lost the receipt. (Is it so hard to check the serial number, or bill me for repair?)

But hey, great posts have been made by other posters against DRM-
Bubble181 said:
No offense Chaz, but you're coming off as the dick in the discussion. I play games off line almost exclusively. I don't care for other people in my games, I get enough crap from people as is. I play solely single player, and I'll be damned if I need a net connection for it. I regularly buy games then crack them simply to avoid the need for a net connection. i use my computer quite extensively away from the 'net. Your \"solution\" works in one country, which isn't really all that useful. I regularly play in three different countries, I don't intend to get internet abonnements for each one; especially since they cost an arm and a leg in two of those three (the brits are lucky and the yanks even more so.)

And, DRM means Digital Rights Management. ANY way in which a publisher tries to limit what you can do with digital stuff you purchased is DRM. Yes, down to CD keys and \"what is the 7th word of page 15 of the manual\" from the days of yore. Whether or not all DRM is bad is another debate, but claiming these things aren't DRM is simply trying to alter the definition of the word
Viggs said:
Cat said:
Steam's offline mode is notoriously unreliable. I just unplugged my connection to test it and I couldn't start offline mode because steam wasn't online.
My experience: When I moved back to college last January, I was without internet access for a month and had absolutely no problems playing my games.

Observation: For those who want a new game and have no internet Digital Distribution is simply not an option.

JCM said:
(although just one can play the game online at a time, but thats fair enough)
This is true, but I guess this may or may not be an issue depending on the situation. In my particular case I am the only one in my residence with any interest in games. I could see this being an issue for other people, tho.
Bowielee said:
The only CD copy game that I purchased that required me to be on steam was Dawn of War 2 and that had ten tons of trouble.

If one were to make a case as to why DRM is bad, that's a perfect one. There are not 1, not 2, but 3 seperate DRMs on the game. One for each company involved in the distribution, and it was, quite frankly, a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

No one is saying that DRM is awsome. Anyone saying that would be stupid, or a liar.
PatrThom said:
Bowielee said:
One of the points Shego is making, which is also one of my sticking points. If it weren't for the pirates, we wouldn't even need DRM in the first place.
Piracy doesn't encourage DRM anywhere near as much as DRM encourages piracy. DRM was made by corporations, for corporations. They were unsatisfied by the fact that only 80% of the people playing their game had purchased it, and so they added DRM to force the last 20% to buy the game. Instead, the pirates continued to pirate and more legit customers got added to the 'pissed off' list. In the meanwhile, 'player friendly' companies which don't use DRM end up paying the price.

--Patrick
figmentPez said:
So, what exactly was it that JCM said that was wrong? I don't often agree with him, but on this thread he's been right. Steam is DRM, regardless of how it compares to other forms of DRM. Some Steam games contain DRM beyond Steam itself. DRM is more frustrating for consumers than it is for pirates, and has been since the days of code wheels and looking up random words in the manual.
The points still stand-
-STEAM is DRM
-You need to activate online a physical game disc (most here are against this, some not)
-Some Steam games have SecuROM
-DRM hasnt been proven to deter pirates, and piracy has only increased
-Sone gamers have started pirating because of DRM
-Pirates play cracked games with less hassle than paying customers.

Feel free to accuse everyone of bias while not refuting anything.

*holds last post and whistles for Shegiko* COME GIRL!!!

:rofl:

JCM said:
Sorry, I dont know where that hoop has been, but again, while we both share the fact we pirate, but you were wrong, over and over.

Pretending that you werent that idiotic because of a soreness over losing,god, thats the most pathetic Ive seen in a while. Its like watching Osama cry "I WASNT WRONG! I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO THINK THE US WAS THE GREAT SATAN"
Is it really that hard on you realizing you were dragged along this whole thread, kicking and screaming? You know why so many people dropped off this conversation/thread? I was in Private Messages with alot of them before this thread really took off, with little messages "Watch how I get JCM pissed off with this next post" and having a laugh in PMs every other post you replied to. :rofl:
JCM said:
The points still stand-
-STEAM is DRM
-You need to activate online a physical game disc (most here are against this, some not)

Feel free to accuse everyone of bias while not refuting anything (and according to the do you pirtae thread, nobody has never pirated here).
Steam is DRM. Yes you have to activate online a physical game disc. Some Steam games have SecuROM. All of that I'm with you 100%, but they're such hot buttons for you I can't help but just egg you on, it's just too easy.

DRM exists because of pirates, it's just that simple. It's not a hard concept to grasp. Is it right? Does it work? Is it successful? Nope. Is it there because of them? Yep.

Funny thing is I agree with you on alot of these points, I usually do as you've noticed how I get along with you and defend you in so many other threads.

I just couldn't help but making you go batshit crazy with rage this thread though. :rofl:

So keep on post quote changing/post name changing/insulting left and right when noonelse has been insultive, and all in all just keep being such a great time killer inbetween raid down times for me. :rofl: :uhhuh:

J

JCM

JCM said:
Good girl!

Gives a pat
Shegokigo said:
JCM said:
Sorry, I dont know where that hoop has been, but again, while we both share the fact we pirate, but you were wrong, over and over.

Pretending that you werent that idiotic because of a soreness over losing,god, thats the most pathetic Ive seen in a while. Its like watching Osama cry "I WASNT WRONG! I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO THINK THE US WAS THE GREAT SATAN"
I WASNT WRONG! I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO THINK THE US WAS THE GREAT SATAN
Aww.

Self denial and overeaction is so cute to watch.
[quote="Shegiko"
JCM said:
The points still stands-
-STEAM is DRM

Feel free to accuse everyone of bias while not refuting anything (and according to the do you pirtae thread, nobody has never pirated here).
Steam is DRM. Yes you have to activate online a physical game disc. Some Steam games have SecuROM. All of that I'm with you 100%, but they're such hot buttons for you I can't help but just egg you on, it's just too easy.[/quote]Aww, another reversal?

damn, the way you overreacted and started screaming PIRAAATES!! made me think your lover was a RIAA lawyer or something, of course you werent dragged for 4 pages, exactly like I said I did. Of course your entertainiming me and idiotic rants made for great reading here, but hey, how many times do I have to apologize for making you, after the entire thread disagree with your points, turn around and say Lolz! it was a joke.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry for your oversensitiveness, and you having to reverse everything you said,I´ll always remember the easiness it was to
-correct you,
-have you reverse all you said
-cry over returns of snarkiness and insults
-STILL be my bitch in hopes for a last post.

*throws post again to Shegiko*
Now fetch!

:rofl:
JCM said:
Aww.

Oh I agree, you should see the PMs I've been getting this entire thread and have continued getting in response to how crazy I've made you get and continue to drag you along in this thread.
JCM said:
Of course your entertainiming me and idiotic rants made for great reading here, but hey, how many times do I have to apologize for making you, after the entire thread disagree with your points, turn around and say Lolz! it was a joke.
The only one getting a kick out of this is me, also there was no "turn around" like you want to believe. I've been playing with you since the beginning as everyone in my PM box right now knows. The only one out of the loop and being made fun of is you JCM. :rofl:
JCM said:
Sorry for your oversensitiveness, and you having to reverse everything you said,I´ll always remember the easiness it was to
-correct you,
I'm still trying to figure out where you get me "crying" and "overly" sensitive. The only one getting emotional this whole thread has been you JCM, just you raaaaaging every post.

*holds the hoop*
Cmon JCM, jump jump!

J

JCM

Aww, my girl not only can be proven wrong, reverse everything and obey me, now she can also hold a hoop?
JCM said:
Good girl!
AGAIN, FOR ANOTHER 4 PAGES!!

Gives a pat
Shegokigo said:
JCM said:

I WASNT WRONG! I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO THINK THE US WAS THE GREAT SATAN
Aww.

[quote="Shegiko"
JCM said:
The points still stands-
-STEAM is DRM

Steam is DRM. Yes you have to activate online a physical game disc. Some Steam games have SecuROM. All of that I'm with you 100%, but they're such hot buttons for you I can't help but just egg you on, it's just too easy.[/quote]Aww, another reversal?

damn, the way you overreacted and started screaming PIRAAATES!! made me think your lover was a RIAA lawyer or something, of course you werent dragged for 4 pages, exactly like I said I did. Of course your entertainiming me and idiotic rants made for great reading here, but hey, how many times do I have to apologize for making you, after the entire thread disagree with your points, turn around and say Lolz! it was a joke.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-correct you,

*throws post again to Shegiko*
Now fetch!

Does it really bother you that much to be at the butt end of a joke JCM? That you go into complete denial that it's happening, even right in front of you?

You get so emotional, you turn to insults, image posts, rage in every post, I can't believe you let me get to you like that.

I haven't been the least bit insultive and played with you all thread long and you still just don't get it. :facepalm:

J

JCM

Shego, does it really bother you that much to be at the butt end of a joke Shego? And still be wrong? And stillhave to go into complete denial that it's happening, even right in front of you?

You get so emotional, you turn to insults, handjobbing offtopic posters, emoticons, emotion in every post, I can't believe you let me get to you like that for 4 pages, and still reverted and said I was right, you were wrong, and now entertain me.

I haven't been the least bit insultive and played with you all thread long and you still just don't get it.

Now go fetch! One day you´ll be like crone and Zod.

BTW:Thanks for hopping over to the other thread when I called you.

JCM said:
Shego, does it really bother you that much to be at the butt end of a joke Shego? And still be wrong? And stillhave to go into complete denial that it's happening, even right in front of you?

You get so emotional, you turn to insults, handjobbing offtopic posters, emoticons, emotion in every post, I can't believe you let me get to you like that for 4 pages, and still reverted and said I was right, you were wrong, and now entertain me.

I haven't been the least bit insultive and played with you all thread long and you still just don't get it.
Cmon JCM, you can play better than that. You realize that didn't make the least bit of sense and I got two PMs saying "what was that even supposed to mean?" I gotta agree with them, what did that mean? You going that nuts over this?

J

JCM

Shegokigo said:
JCM said:

Cmon JCM, you can play better than that. You realize that didn't make the least bit of sense and I got two PMs saying "what was that even supposed to mean?" I gotta agree with them, what did that mean? You going that nuts over this?
Funnily, I got my visiting workmates here wondering what was wrong with you, Luiza laughing at the dog and still, several posters here asking what the hell was wrong with you.

Your PIRATE! fails as we´re both pirating, and your "playing!" fails too when I said a few pages back that you´ll probably not refute, then stick to offtopic posts up to a few pages. Sad when your own game fails and you end up being played the same way, if it is a game, if not, having an argument and having to say that you agree with all my points.

Now, I´ve gotta crash, thanks for playing, and the entertainment, my fair lady.
Till tomorrow.

*throws Frisbee again* :slywink:

JCM said:
Funnily, I got my visiting workmates here wondering what was wrong with you, Luiza laughing at the dog and still, several posters here asking what the hell was wrong with you.
Nothing wrong with me, I'm not the one exploding off because they're being made fun of. :rofl:
Oh and you have your GF over and workmates, and you spend hours responding to troll posts? :bush: I can't figure out which is funnier. :rofl:
JCM said:
Your PIRATE! fails as we´re both pirating, and your "playing!" dfails too when I said a few pages back that you´ll probably not refute, then stick to offtopic posts up to page 4 or later. Sad when your own game fails and you end up being played the same way, if it is a game, if not, having a pathetic arguement and having to say that you agree with all my points.
PIRATE! Was never my form/intention of having a conversation. Not sure why you're still bringing it up.I wasn't making any points, I wasn't refuting anything. I was dragging you along, to my and a few others amusement. Nothing more. Seriously, just get it JCM.
JCM said:
Now, I´ve gotta crash, thanks for playing, and the entertainment, my fair lady. Till tomorrow.
I'll be here for quite a few more hours, enjoying every minute of how well you played the game. Sadly your entertainment came from "not getting the joke" for about 5 pages. :rofl:

J

JCM

Shegokigo said:
JCM said:
Nothing wrong with me, I'm not the one exploding off because they're being made fun of. :rofl:
Oh and you have your GF over and workmates, and you spend hours responding to troll posts? :bush: I can't figure out which is funnier. :rofl:
JCM said:
Your PIRATE! fails as we´re both pirating, and your "playing!" dfails too when I said a few pages back that you´ll probably not refute, then stick to offtopic posts up to page 4 or later. Sad when your own game fails and you end up being played the same way, if it is a game, if not, having a pathetic arguement and having to say that you agree with all my points.
PIRATE! Was never my form/intention of having a conversation. Not sure why you're still bringing it up.I wasn't making any points, I wasn't refuting anything. I was dragging you along, to my and a few others amusement. Nothing more. Seriously, just get it JCM.
JCM said:
Now, I´ve gotta crash, thanks for playing, and the entertainment, my fair lady. Till tomorrow.
I'll be here for quite a few more hours, enjoying every minute of how well you played the game. Sadly your entertainment came from "not getting the joke" for about 5 pages. :rofl:
About a bit more than you, my faithful companion. 5 pages of you answering every time I threw you a bone, still having to say I was right and jump to another thread at my beck and call.

Man, I could teach your lesbian lover how to make you jump, post, lie down, and change places.

Night ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JCM said:
About a bit more than you, my faithful companion. 5 pages of you answering every time I threw you a bone, still having to say I was right and jump to another thread at my beck and call.
Cute how you started "throwing the bone" after I had you "jumping through hoops" long before you even knew it was happening. :slywink:

Didn't you say "goodnight" in your last post? :rofl:

J

JCM

Shego, cute how you started "putting the hoop" after I had you "post BS sine page two" long before you even knew it was happening, heck, Ive even sent an apology pm to some mods back on page 1, because I would make you post for several pages :slywink:

Didn't you say "handjob" LeQuack in your last post?

Le Quack said:
*Stops handjobbing Shego* This is the most immature thing I've seen in awhile.

Grow up LeQuack.
Sorry, you are "too biased" to say that.

Grow up, :tina:
JCM said:
I WASNT WRONG I WAS PRETENDING TO BE WRONG AND STUPID and Jump hoops
Sorry, I dont know where that hoop has been, but again, while we both share the fact we pirate, but you were wrong, over and over. And entertained me, specially that post after I made you believe you´d get the last post.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pretending that you werent that idiotic because of a soreness over losing,god, thats the most pathetic Ive seen in a while. Its like watching Osama cry "I WASNT WRONG! I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO THINK THE US WAS THE GREAT SATAN", again, Im sorry babygirl, I never knew you would get so sensitive, or would turn around and claim that something you said wasnt DRM suddenly was. Its okay to admit it, but its to make up another reality in which you didnt write all the following (and more)Apologies for making fun of you being wrong
Le Quack said:

As you havent read the thread, I just corrected Shegiko[s posts with stuff like STEAM isnt DRM, and that there isnt third-party DRM. And I have said-
JCM said:
I dont play PC games anymore
JCM said:
I said its DRM, but taking away some 3rd-party games, its not bad. And I agree 100% on Apple, I stopped buying their shit this year when I had a company-bought Macbook die on me, and go without any support because my %$^# company lost the receipt. (Is it so hard to check the serial number, or bill me for repair?)

But hey, great posts have been made by other posters against DRM-
Bubble181 said:
No offense Chaz, but you're coming off as the dick in the discussion. I play games off line almost exclusively. I don't care for other people in my games, I get enough crap from people as is. I play solely single player, and I'll be damned if I need a net connection for it. I regularly buy games then crack them simply to avoid the need for a net connection. i use my computer quite extensively away from the 'net. Your \"solution\" works in one country, which isn't really all that useful. I regularly play in three different countries, I don't intend to get internet abonnements for each one; especially since they cost an arm and a leg in two of those three (the brits are lucky and the yanks even more so.)

And, DRM means Digital Rights Management. ANY way in which a publisher tries to limit what you can do with digital stuff you purchased is DRM. Yes, down to CD keys and \"what is the 7th word of page 15 of the manual\" from the days of yore. Whether or not all DRM is bad is another debate, but claiming these things aren't DRM is simply trying to alter the definition of the word
Viggs said:
Cat said:
Steam's offline mode is notoriously unreliable. I just unplugged my connection to test it and I couldn't start offline mode because steam wasn't online.
My experience: When I moved back to college last January, I was without internet access for a month and had absolutely no problems playing my games.

Observation: For those who want a new game and have no internet Digital Distribution is simply not an option.

JCM said:
(although just one can play the game online at a time, but thats fair enough)
This is true, but I guess this may or may not be an issue depending on the situation. In my particular case I am the only one in my residence with any interest in games. I could see this being an issue for other people, tho.
Bowielee said:
The only CD copy game that I purchased that required me to be on steam was Dawn of War 2 and that had ten tons of trouble.

If one were to make a case as to why DRM is bad, that's a perfect one. There are not 1, not 2, but 3 seperate DRMs on the game. One for each company involved in the distribution, and it was, quite frankly, a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

No one is saying that DRM is awsome. Anyone saying that would be stupid, or a liar.
PatrThom said:
Bowielee said:
One of the points Shego is making, which is also one of my sticking points. If it weren't for the pirates, we wouldn't even need DRM in the first place.
Piracy doesn't encourage DRM anywhere near as much as DRM encourages piracy. DRM was made by corporations, for corporations. They were unsatisfied by the fact that only 80% of the people playing their game had purchased it, and so they added DRM to force the last 20% to buy the game. Instead, the pirates continued to pirate and more legit customers got added to the 'pissed off' list. In the meanwhile, 'player friendly' companies which don't use DRM end up paying the price.

--Patrick
figmentPez said:
So, what exactly was it that JCM said that was wrong? I don't often agree with him, but on this thread he's been right. Steam is DRM, regardless of how it compares to other forms of DRM. Some Steam games contain DRM beyond Steam itself. DRM is more frustrating for consumers than it is for pirates, and has been since the days of code wheels and looking up random words in the manual.
The points still stand-
-STEAM is DRM

Feel free to accuse everyone of bias while not refuting anything.[/quote]
:smug:

OK people, the "Don't feed JCM!" signs are there for a reason dammit...

And again JCM, just because i'm insulting you doesn't mean i agree with her, or that i'm arguing with you...

And @l3an?! where did that come from?

J

JCM

Not my fault your name is too L33T for me, and I cant be bothered with yet another anonymous traumatized kid who I probably wont see a few years down.

And like I mentioned in my pm and in the beginning, Shego and the trauma victims cant stop posting, heck, what matters is that I was right, Shego was wrong and still is my bitch, and you people keep proving my *stupid people with nothing to prove will keep posting-offtopic* theory over and over.

*waits for Shego & stooges to come back with frisbee.

JCM said:
Not my fault your name is too L33T for me, and I cant be bothered with yet another anonymous traumatized kid who I probably wont see a few years down.
And you couldn't spell it normally!? Or copypasta it?! You didn't use to be this sloppy...

But let me apologise for my future absence at your death bed... :eyeroll: it's just that i'm too traumatized to form any long term relationships with people on internet forums that live on the other side of the planet...

J

JCM

@Li3n said:
And you couldn't spell it normally!? Or copypasta it?! You didn't use to be this sloppy...

But let me apologise for my future absence at your death bed... :eyeroll: it's just that i'm too traumatized to form any long term relationships with people on internet forums that live on the other side of the planet...
Sorry, I cant be bothered to check for the spelling of some trolling forumite with no opinion or arguement, who just enters a thread to directly whine. Dont worry, Im sure you cut in real conversations to whine about one of the speakers.

Feel free to invade another conversation ala LeQuack and whine about something, then take to ad-homins and derogatory posts. Now for more posts from Shego, who after being my bitch and bringing this thread to 4 more pages like I told her, and saying I was right, now will try to post some one-liners to make me laugh even more.

Now entertain me.
:popcorn:

L

Le Quack

I'd just like to appologize to every! It was my goal to make JCM post the same thing over and over again!

Mission Accomplished!

I was issuing those questions as an outside observer, not as a shego sympathizer. The fact that you think anyone that doesnt accept 100% of what you say is a loser, is immature. I also thought it was strange that such an avid pirater would wonder why people would question his points and facts because of the obvious bias. JCM is known for many things, but keeping facts and personal opinion separate, is not one of them. This is merely another instance of the same formula that JCM presents.

I only WISH I could act and behave with HALF the audacity that he does. That way, I could live in his online fantasy world where he, apparently, is king.

I think its funny that JCM of all people bitches about ad hominem when his hipocrisy is plastered over the passed few thread pages. JCM's last post boggles my mind as he just keeps throwing himself in this self righteous light anytime he even vaguely feels threatened. Pretending to put his control over us by saying commands like "entertain me."

I pose this to you JCM; Take your childish and slanderous arguments elsewhere. To even begin to think you are better than us makes my eyes water with tears.

Go on and edit my post before posting more arrogant ego masturbation.

J

JCM

Good boy!
Just like I said, LeQuack would post ad-homins all the way to high heavens.
Le Quack said:
Of course you, Shego and L3an were trolling. On-topic, I was right. The end,

Why is your post so emotional and enraged? After all, you, Shego and Lian are the ones whining insults, Im merely replying. Its just the internet, fucking virgin, get a life.

Now awaiting for more drama llamas to entertain me, its like dessert after being right, having crybabies whine over and over.
Fetch trolls!

JCM said:
Sorry, I cant be bothered to check for the spelling of some trolling forumite with no opinion or argument, who just enters a thread to directly whine. Dont worry, Im sure you cut in real conversations to whine about one of the speakers.

Feel free to invade another conversation ala LeQuack and whine about something, then take to ad-homins and derogatory posts.
How can i make ad hominem if i'm not arguing with the person i'm derogating?!

And i guess if i wasn't arguing with you my contributions to the thread where whining... i just didn't realise that yet. I'll do better next time, i promise.

JCM said:
See, now that's better.

Also, i knew this one would come in handy soon:

I also thought it was strange that such an avid pirater would wonder why people would question his points and facts because of the obvious bias.
Eh, dude, pointing out someone's bias isn't a logical way to counter their arguments... because it ignores the arguments themselves. It's saying "you have a reason to lie" without actually proving he is or isn't.

Why he would wonder that people use fallacies, well that's another questions.

M

Mr_Chaz

Am I allowed to ask JCM an honest question about his opinions? Or am I not important enough to be noticed in the future oh holy one?

Anyway, the question: You don't like the fact that Steam makes you activate a game online the first time you play it, even if you have bought a legal copy. Fine, I agree.

But... You say that the use of this, and other forms of DRM, makes you download cracks to play games that you've bought.

How is being online to download a crack any different from being online to activate?

Just wonderin' is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.