RIAA, "DRM is dead."

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you mistakenly said you never needed to be online?
Cause you don't? Not sure how that's mistaken.
JCM said:
it´ll do eonugh to repost this over and over till a thread lock.
Go ahead, repost all you like: you know for a fact I was egging you on this whole thread for the simple joy of seeing you rage over it. Your quote pyramid there is just the icing on my cake.

J

JCM

Without me reading, I can bet youre writing some insults and whining "but I was playing" to make the hurt of being spouting BS and posting pathetically. But hey, I do enjoy seeing a chimp pretend he meant to eat the banana he shoved up his own arse. Oh wait, anonymous chimp waggling the banana as if it were an e-peen.

EDIT:Bingo. Now continue dancing!

J

JCM

Really? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shegokigo who never heard of online activations said:
Seriously, same thing here, I can play offline mode without ever getting online.
Shegokigo who needs seriously to travel said:
Unless I way to play in the middle of the rainforest.
shegiko who never read the STEAM EULA or game descriptions said:
As far as I know, there are no third party DRM with STEAM purchased games.
Shegokigo who mytholocically think pirates dont crack games said:
Must suck for those who pirate games more than they purchase them huh?
Hey said:
Oh you're totally right, pirates have way more claim to a game than someone who paid for it.
Shegokigo who blames users for buying a game cd early and cant play the game said:
Sad situation, glad you totally understand that some companies have issues with launch days.
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
Shegiko with no point said:
Tegid said:
Reading comprehension FAIL
That, or I'm not getting your point.
You're not.
Shegiko at her reading comprehension best said:
Activation for single-player offline is useless against piracy, because people who pirate already buy cds/get torrents cracked and working, days before paying customers manage to get their game activated.
Which totally makes it alright? Nice point there.
More hilarity and unclear BS about DRM having any effect on piracy-
Shegokigo still not making any sense said:
tegid said:
What I don't get, Shego, is why you think it's wrong to crack or whatever a game you have bought if, because of any reason, you can't regularly register it. Or aren't you?
I have absolutely nothing against people who purchase and then crack them.
Shegokigo who thinks pirates crack games and dont download them cracked said:
I'm saying, it wouldn't be required at all if there weren't a certain breed of people out there, and on these boards (who have flaunted it in the past) requiring companies to take those steps. Whether or not there is a "crack out within a couple of days", it deters the less skilled from getting it or even the best "cracks" are glitchy and sometimes bug out is hardly a point for "why bother trying to protect your game?" arguments.
Shegokigo now running away said:
tegid said:
He was talking about that case, and you answer like he was talking about pirates... This is the confusing point.
Only because you're not familiar with JCM.
God, I could do this all day, correcting pathetic co-outs, but since you as usual will either try to claim you hage a huge e-peen or whine and say that you werent serious, it´ll do enough to repost your "points".

Or laughably claiming up to a page back that Steam wasnt DRM. EDIT:page 3!!!

Shegokigo said:
My point was simple. I wasn't even talking about DRM past the fact that STEAM isn't much like them other than the fact that it simply requests ONE time for you to log on and show you own the game. After that you can play offline all you like, with no problems/slowdowns, whatever you want to claim.

I was never defending DRMs as a whole, only STEAM's version of authetication. So where you got off on all your other tangents is beyond me, but not surprising. Oh and I said "pirates" because it drives you loony and watching you quote change people in anger is just downright hilarious.

J

JCM

Shegokigo said:
Something that doesnt match up any of her bullshit reposted, making it extra fun seeing the STEAM-ISNT-DRM-theres-no-3rd-party-DRM-wonder, among other BS on piracy, now say that Steam is a DRM.
:rofl: :rofl: :aaahhh:

Love how after screaming PIRATES! defending customers having to wait to polay a cd theyve bought and countless BS defense of SecuROM, now its "I only said Steam was good" (activation and SecuROM in countless games aside)

JCM said:
Shegokigo said:
Something that doesnt match up any of her bullshit reposted, making it extra fun seeing the STEAM-ISNT-DRM-theres-no-3rd-party-DRM-wonder, among other BS on piracy, now say that Steam is a DRM.
:rofl: :rofl: :aaahhh:

Love how after screaming PIRATES! defending customers having to wait to polay a cd theyve bought and countless BS defense of SecuROM, now its "I only said Steam was good" (activation and SecuROM in countless games aside)
Like I said, everything else was egg on your face. :slywink:

J

JCM

Shegokigo said:
Sure kiddo, whatever you tell yourself to make riding the BS train more comfortable.

Pathetic, and hilarious, thanks for the entertainment.

JCM said:
hilarious, thanks for the entertainment.
The fact you turn to insults, is just the cherry, on the icing on the cake. Right back at you though. It was a nice fun little time killer.

J

JCM

Whatever you tell yourself to feel better about writing BS after BS, and making me enjoy laughing at it all, with a +5 bonus for the cop-out, exactly as I said you´d do.

:clap:

figmentPez

Staff member
Shegokigo said:
So, what exactly was it that JCM said that was wrong? I don't often agree with him, but on this thread he's been right, despite resorting to insults. Steam is DRM, regardless of how it compares to other forms of DRM. Some Steam games contain DRM beyond Steam itself. DRM is more frustrating for consumers than it is for pirates, and has been since the days of code wheels and looking up random words in the manual.

JCM said:
Whatever you tell yourself to feel better about writing BS after BS.

:clap:
Sound like you got a self-mantra going! Self-help is the best kind I always say. Good of you to share with the rest of us though.
figmentPez said:
Shegokigo said:
So, what exactly was it that JCM said that was wrong? I don't often agree with him, but on this thread he's been right, despite resorting to insults. Steam is DRM, regardless of how it compares to other forms of DRM. Some Steam games contain DRM beyond Steam itself. DRM is more frustrating for consumers than it is for pirates, and has been since the days of code wheels and looking up random words in the manual.
Yes, STEAM is DRM, is it as rigid? Not by a long shot. Where DRM comes from is irrefutable. Try and keep up Fig. This isn't for discussion, this is to keep JCM posting. :rofl:

J

JCM

*bows * What can I say, it pales next to "pirates!" and "I wasnt that stupid, really"

Like I said, try harder, maybe you´ll make it convincing. Now, I´ll leave the last post for your e-peen, as I know the usual anonymous-user/troll-lesbian MUST have a last post, until we go back on-topic.
:smug:

JCM said:
*bows * What can I say, it pales next to "pirates!" and "I wasnt that stupid, really"

Like I said, try harder, maybe you´ll make it convincing. Now, I´ll leave the last post for your e-peen, as I know the usual anonymous-user/troll-lesbian MUST have a last post, until we go back on-topic.
Finally! You got it! So kind of you. Thanks JCM, I know how you usually get to do the last one, but I wanted this one. :rofl:

J

JCM

My apologies e-peen girl. Sadly after some mods asked me to leave Chaz to his own, I´ve been giving the last words to those who need it.
figmentPez said:
Shegokigo said:
Forget it.
She´s like a female Gasbandit

As I bet, she wont be able to say where I was "wrong", thats why she resorted to insults and PIRATES. :aaahhh:

JCM said:
Forget it.
She´s like a female Gasbandit

As I bet, she wont be able to say where I was "wrong", thats why she resorted to insults. :smug:
Who's insulting who? Way to get that one backwards JCM. :heythere:
Also, Gasbandit likes to have conversation. I like to rile your feathers and get you post quote changing, insulting and all in all raging all over threads as well as "last posting".

J

JCM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love how you became happy, thinking you´d get last post. Anonymous nerds and their e-peens, eesh.
Shegokigo said:
Blablabla running away from BS, blabla bla crying over post changing
As I said, tell whatever you´d wish was true, my apologies, ad-hominem girl, but you havent convinced anyone that you had a point.

Still not even MajorKhaos level of troll. At least he could feign intelligence while amusing me.

JCM said:
Now, I´ll leave the last post for your e-peen, as I know the usual anonymous-user/troll-lesbian MUST have a last post, until we go back on-topic.
JCM said:
Shegokigo said:
Blablabla running away from BS, blabla bla crying over post changing
As I said, tell whatever you´d wish was true, my apologies, ad-hominem girl, but you havent convinced anyone that you had a point.

Still not even MajorKhaos level of troll. At least he could feign intelligence while amusing me.
Shegokigo said:
I like to rile your feathers and get you post quote changing, insulting and all in all raging all over threads as well as "last posting".
:rofl: :thumbsup:
The day is just flying by! :uhhuh: :thumbsup:

J

JCM

*hangs last post above troll and watches troll keep biting*
JCM said:
Love how you became happy, thinking you´d get last post. Anonymous nerds and their e-peens, eesh.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, same thing here, I can play offline mode without ever getting online.
Hey said:
Oh you're totally right, pirates have way more claim to a game than someone who paid for it.
Shegokigo who blames users for buying a game cd early and cant play the game said:
Sad situation, glad you totally understand that some companies have issues with launch days.
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
Tegid said:
You're not.
Activation for single-player offline is useless against piracy, because people who pirate already buy cds/get torrents cracked and working, days before paying customers manage to get their game activated.
tegid said:
What I don't get, Shego, is why you think it's wrong to crack or whatever a game you have bought if, because of any reason, you can't regularly register it. Or aren't you?
I'm saying, it wouldn't be required at all if there weren't a certain breed of people out there, and on these boards (who have flaunted it in the past) requiring companies to take those steps. Whether or not there is a "crack out within a couple of days", it deters the less skilled from getting it or even the best "cracks" are glitchy and sometimes bug out is hardly a point for "why bother trying to protect your game?" arguments.
tegid said:
He was talking about that case, and you answer like he was talking about pirates... This is the confusing point.
God, I could do this all day, correcting pathetic co-outs, but since you as usual will either try to claim you hage a huge e-peen or whine and say that you werent serious, it´ll do enough to repost your "points".

Or laughably claiming up to a page back that Steam wasnt DRM. EDIT:page 3!!!

J

JCM

*hangs last post above troll and watches troll keep biting*
JCM said:

Hey said:
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
UR WRONG!!!!
Tegid said:
You're not.
tegid said:
tegid said:

Or laughably claiming up to a page back that Steam wasnt DRM. EDIT:page 4?!!!

JCM said:
Anonymous nerds? As if you posting anything about yourself makes you non-anon. :rofl:

Also, if you thought I was "happy", I'm alot better at this than I thought. :uhhuh: :thumbsup:
Oh and I can do this all day, everyday, every hour. :smug:

L

Le Quack

What would it take for you to buy a game JCM?

All I hear about is how you pirate everything.

Le Quack said:

Oh he buys a couple of games every now and then. He's not 100% anti-establishment.

J

JCM

Shegokigo said:
Le Quack said:

Oh he buys a couple of games every now and then. He's not 100% anti-establishment.
Nothing to do with establishment lover, but avaliability and DRM.
I sure as hell aint waiting for 5 months to get last season´s Dr Who.

JCM said:
Cause lack of availability is the only reason right? :slywink:

L

Le Quack

JCM said:
Shegokigo said:
Le Quack said:

I sure as * aint waiting for 5 months to get last season´s Dr Who.
So if you are going to pirate stuff anyway, why are you arguing the legitimacy of DRM?

J

JCM

Shegokigo said:
JCM said:
Cause lack of availability is the only reason right? :slywink:
I refuse to buy anything that starts with "X", has been reviewd at exactly 80% by metacritic, or has been published on a day of a full moon.

Just like your roms, right? :slywink:
So if you are going to pirate stuff anyway, why are you arguing the legitimacy of DRM?
Strawman? Just because I download one movie unavaliable here (and buy 5 dvds a week) doesnt mean Im going to pirate something DRM you all so overwhelmingly love, even when unable to refute anything. I just download a crack.

And I just have to keep correcting DRm-loving posters who dont know what DRM is at all, and laughing at how many people, after being unable to prove anything I said is wrong, take to off-topic questioning or insults.

Guess in the age where Amazon can delete the text-to-speech from ebooks that have been bought already by blind people, Im the rare few that like to own what I buy, instead of "renting"

L

Le Quack

It just seems like stupid propaganda to me, since you are an avid pirater.

Status
Not open for further replies.