Riots in Downtown Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading the thread as Riots in Downtown Tokyo, and it's pissing me off!
Godzilla!!!

On another note,these anarchist piss me off bigtime.Im a member of a small leftish movement here in Germany,mainly protesting against Racism and Anti-Intigration,but everytime, and I really mean EVERY time some fuckers from the Black Bloc suddenly show up and all hell breaks lose.And who gets hosed with water?US!
I'm just there to give my opinion and show my solidarity for a cause and then they come and ruin it. Thanks a lot,fucktards.

Or somewhere more isolated. Could you imagine how few demonstrators you would get if you held the next G20 meeting at Alert? Heck, it occurred to me a day or two ago that even somewhere like St. John's (my city) would be more appropriate than Toronto. It's small enough that the local demonstrators would be easily handle-able if things went badly, and isolated enough that outsiders would likely not bother to make the trip.

Necronic

Staff member
I think the Dead Kennedys nailed the stupidity of riots:

Riot by The Dead Kennedys said:
Rioting-the unbeatable high
Adrenalin shoots your nerves to the sky
Everyone knows this town is gonna blow
And it's all gonna blow right now:.

Now you can smash all the windows that you want
All you really need are some friends and a rock
Throwing a brick never felt so damn good
Smash more glass
Scream with a laugh
And wallow with the crowds
Watch them kicking peoples' ass

But you get to the place
Where the real slavedrivers live
It's walled off by the riot squad
Aiming guns right at your head
So you turn right around
And play right into their hands
And set your own neighbourhood
Burning to the ground instead

[Chorus]
Riot-the unbeatable high
Riot-shoots your nerves to the sky
Riot-playing into their hands
Tomorrow you're homeless
Tonight it's a blast

Get your kicks in quick
They're callin' the national guard
Now could be your only chance
To torch a police car

Climb the roof, kick the siren in
And jump and yelp for joy
Quickly-dive back in the crowd
Slip away, now don't get caught

Let's loot the spiffy hi-fi store
Grab as much as you can hold
Pray your full arms don't fall off
Here comes the owner with a gun

[Chorus]

The barricades spring up from nowhere
Cops in helmets line the lines
Shotguns prod into your bellies
The trigger fingers want an excuse
Now

The raging mob has lost its nerve
There's more of us but who goes first
No one dares to cross the line
The cops know that they've won

It's all over but not quite
The pigs have just begun to fight
They club your heads, kick your teeth
Police can riot all that they please

[Chorus]

Tomorrow you're homeless
Tonight it's a blast

R

Roxxoredizorz

/slowly pulls down the Bandana

But all of the Canadians know here, if it was in Quebec, they would be right beside most of the anarchists firebombing every Starbucks they see.

/replaces the Bandana

C

Chibibar

Or somewhere more isolated. Could you imagine how few demonstrators you would get if you held the next G20 meeting at Alert? Heck, it occurred to me a day or two ago that even somewhere like St. John's (my city) would be more appropriate than Toronto. It's small enough that the local demonstrators would be easily handle-able if things went badly, and isolated enough that outsiders would likely not bother to make the trip.
Heh.. Only the truly dedicated would make the trip.

But I do like the Carrier. you would need proper clearance to be ON the ship and most you might get like demonstrators on boat near by (but not too close)

I'm actually sitting in Union right now. I had come down last week to visit some friends here in Toronto and didn't think it would be such a hassle. Upon rolling into the station on the 17th and seeing massive cement and fence barriers I realized I was in for much more than I bargained for.

My girlfriend and I walked around yesterday afternoon and went to the Eaton's Center upon hearing about all the madness that went on Saturday night. Just about every larger corporation had at least one of their windows boarded up, and the Best Buy as well as several others were completely boarded. I don't know how much of it was done preventively but there were quite a few that had been smashed for sure.

D

Disconnected

the only language protesters and anarchists seem to understand is yelling and breaking. The only thing they are is chickenshit.

C

Chibibar

Amie: lol. I love the video. Technically it is not a public place is it? it is a store, it is own by private industry so they can close if they want to.

Amie: lol. I love the video. Technically it is not a public place is it? it is a store, it is own by private industry so they can close if they want to.
That's what the guy with the camera is trying to explain to that guy, but he's an idiot. He also seems to think that it was the cops that closed the Eaton Centre? He goes on about how nobody is questioning it because they must think the cops are always right, or something. But as far as I know, it wasn't the police forcing the Eaton Centre to close, it was the business owners. I guess I could be wrong, though.

It's private property that leases access to public transportation. So it's typically always open in some capacity, though most stores close with regular hours of business. But since access to the TTC was restricted, they could simply shut the whole building as they see fit. It also houses office space and communication arrays.

HEH! Okay, this entire nightmare of a week (and weekend) was totally worth it just for that video. God bless crazy people.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

something actually happened in canada ho shit hold on to your hat hoss
Hey, we were damn happy with last week's news. Why, when Bessie gave birth to that calf...!

Yeah, most people who are rioting in the streets are basically doing it ether for the lulz or to loot something... but not the organized guys. To some of them (like the black shirted Anarcists already mentioned), these riots are a political and philosphical exercise. To them, it about getting the police to lose control and start giving people a bit of the ol' wood shampoo, because the moment they do, they prove the Anarcists right (at least in their own minds anyway). By causing Chaos, they "prove" that all government is illusionary and false because people will degenerate into animals at the drop of a hat anyway, so why pretend there is any order at all?

Then again, they prove this point by recklessly endangering hundreds of people at a time. It's not exactly hard to pick a side here.

At least this guy's amusing:

Though, not really a better display of human behavior.
"This video has been removed by the user." :( Anyone want to give a summary?[/QUOTE]

It just so happened to be yesterday's Todays Big Thing, so you can see the video there:
Man Freaks Out Because Mall is Closed is Today's BIG Thing - JUN 29, 2010[/QUOTE]
Thank you for introducing me to todaysbighthing, this site's awesome :D
Old Man Dances to Lady Gaga is Today's BIG Thing - JUN 28, 2010

R

Roxxoredizorz

At least this guy's amusing:

Though, not really a better display of human behavior.
"This video has been removed by the user." :( Anyone want to give a summary?[/QUOTE]

It just so happened to be yesterday's Todays Big Thing, so you can see the video there:
Man Freaks Out Because Mall is Closed is Today's BIG Thing - JUN 29, 2010[/QUOTE]
Thank you for introducing me to todaysbighthing, this site's awesome :D
Old Man Dances to Lady Gaga is Today's BIG Thing - JUN 28, 2010[/QUOTE]

Ditto - guy can bust-a-move, boi!
Almost as good as:
[/QUOTE]

Greatest. Post. Ever.

GasBandit

Staff member
To be fair, they do still look like arrows and you can't tell if that sock will come off and expose something or hides explosives, etc.
The cop pointing them out said they (the arrows with pool foam tips wrapped in socks) could be soaked in flammable liquid and then ignited.

You know, like pretty much ANY CLOTH OBJECT YOU COULD NAME. Clearly there were bad rioters in toronto, but clearly toronto police also don't know how to handle things without absolutely shitting themselves.

C

Chibibar

To be fair, they do still look like arrows and you can't tell if that sock will come off and expose something or hides explosives, etc.
The cop pointing them out said they (the arrows with pool foam tips wrapped in socks) could be soaked in flammable liquid and then ignited.

You know, like pretty much ANY CLOTH OBJECT YOU COULD NAME. Clearly there were bad rioters in toronto, but clearly toronto police also don't know how to handle things without absolutely shitting themselves.[/QUOTE]

pretty much this. It could be a very odd torch but doable :)

Sooo... does the fact that I could take my shirt, roll it in a ball, soak it in a flammable liquid, light it on fire and throw it mean they should be confiscating shirts now too? Also pants... I mean... there's like twice as much fabric for twice the BURNINATION!!!!

C

Chibibar

Sooo... does the fact that I could take my shirt, roll it in a ball, soak it in a flammable liquid, light it on fire and throw it mean they should be confiscating shirts now too? Also pants... I mean... there's like twice as much fabric for twice the BURNINATION!!!!
now you are just being silly.

Those are premade. It can be use as a weapon on the fly. Sure you could use a t-shirt but then you also have to carry gasoline unless you pre-soak then you are going to be high on fumes. the arrows can be pre-soak but no way to tell unless it is up close and personal. Also you could hide explosive in those too.

But if you are serious about shirt and pants, then your body is a dangerous weapon too. people can know martial arts or have prosthetic arm and legs that can be use as weapons. People should be arrest on site too.

Status
Not open for further replies.