*sighs, turns over "DAYS SINCE LAST MASS SHOOTING IN AMERICA" sign to 0*

Why did we want to come out of quarantine again?

In that article there’s a sentence that starts with “It was Colorado’s worst mass shooting since…” and my mind started to fill blanks.

Me: Columbine in ‘99? Aurora in 2012?

“…March.”

Me: Ugh.

GasBandit

Staff member
Why did we want to come out of quarantine again?

"From the officers who responded to the shooting to the investigators still on scene, we are all left incredibly shaken. This is something you hope never happens in your own community, in the place that you call home," Colorado Springs Police Chief Vince Niski said in a statement.

Malarky. Colorado Springs has been in a downward spiral of urban blight and rising crime for over 20 years now. Last time I was there, they were still turning out the streetlights at night in the poor sections because the government didn't want to pay to keep them on (but not the rich sections because then the rich people would complain). Thus, the crime slowly creeped its way up Academy Boulevard and gobbled up everything in its path.

And if anyone should be familiar with it, it'd be the chief of police. But I guess he has to say the usual platitudes.

figmentPez

Staff member
"From the officers who responded to the shooting to the investigators still on scene, we are all left incredibly shaken. This is something you hope never happens in your own community, in the place that you call home," Colorado Springs Police Chief Vince Niski said in a statement.

Malarky. Colorado Springs has been in a downward spiral of urban blight and rising crime for over 20 years now. Last time I was there, they were still turning out the streetlights at night in the poor sections because the government didn't want to pay to keep them on (but not the rich sections because then the rich people would complain). Thus, the crime slowly creeped its way up Academy Boulevard and gobbled up everything in its path.

And if anyone should be familiar with it, it'd be the chief of police. But I guess he has to say the usual platitudes.
For those that aren't aware: Colorado Springs is the headquarters for Focus on the Family, a highly influential Christian foundation. I'm not at all surprised to hear that their prescence has completely failed to be a positive influence on the area. (And is indeed likely to be one of the major negative influences.)

And Texas is about to sign permitless carry (aka Constitutional carry) into law.

The sad thing is MOST Texans and especially the educated Texans in the Texas Triangle don't want that. It's being rammed through because the hicks in podunk small towns are convinced that dangerous minorities are out to get them. And thanks to significant gerrymandering they are way overrepresented.

This is the same thing that you get when a Black dude gets killed with a knee to his neck: "Well, you know, he WAS arrested five times before that incident, soooo..."

--Patrick

Well actually, if you see here, Timmy, age 5, actually deserved to be shot in the face by this fine Remington firearm, he was a turd on Sept 4th when asked to pick up his play station when class was done for the day. That is, if Timmy existed at all which, if you'll turn your attention to the monitor, we have expert witness of one Alexander Jones to go over this in greater detail....

Well actually, if you see here, Timmy, age 5, actually deserved to be shot in the face by this fine Remington firearm, he was a turd on Sept 4th when asked to pick up his play station when class was done for the day. That is, if Timmy existed at all which, if you'll turn your attention to the monitor, we have expert witness of one Alexander Jones to go over this in greater detail....
Everything about this statement pisses me off because it’s pretty much exactly what would be said.