Sochi Winter Olympics General Thread.

"Content not available in my location." Nipple slip or similar, or did her costume "happen" to fall open and reveal her brightly rainbow-colored underwear as a subtly critique of Putin's policies? :p

Unless someone knows something I don't, she just unzipped low enough that it was clear she wasn't wearing a bra, then realized it and zipped back up. Unless an exposed clavicle is your thing, I don't see why it was that big a deal.

GasBandit

Staff member
"Content not available in my location." Nipple slip or similar, or did her costume "happen" to fall open and reveal her brightly rainbow-colored underwear as a subtly critique of Putin's policies? :p
Yeah, she just forgot where she was in the moment for a sec and unzipped so she could breathe better, down to about mid-stomach. Then the penny dropped, and she zipped back up.

GasBandit

Staff member
The next McKayla Maroney has arrived.

Another Olympics, another athlete's candid reaction to falling short of her goal...

Ashley Wagner was none too happy with her 63.10 score in the figure skating team competition. And, as athletes are likely to do in a moment of passion (looking at you, Richard Sherman...), Wagner didn't hesitate to express her emotion.

I recall during the summer Olympics everyone being all bent out of shape about the quality of NBC's coverage. Change to a Canadian IP address.

Last edited:
No one matches the CBC for Olympic coverage. It's fucking incredible.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I was in Toronto during the Nagano games. The first thing the CBC put on after they signed off at the end of their coverage was Cool Runnings. It just felt right. :)

Thing I've learned so far during these Olympics, Canada has freestyle skiing on lockdown.
And the Dutch are the only people who know how to tie on a skate.
Don't know if it's stil lthe case, but they were leading the overall medal count yesterday. The population of the Netherlands is smaller than that of NY State!

Canada leads medals, well three way tie but Canada has the most high end medals. I expect that not to last long.

There's a curling club in my area, they're having an open house at the end of February, I think I'm going to try it out.

I'm fascinated by curling. There's no reason I should like it but I just love to watch.
It almost feels like one big slow motion replay. Watching the rock slowly creep down the ice, people on the team yelling, seeing it nudge itself into the perfect position. It's also a nice relaxing sport to watch.

Halfpipe spoilers that cause me not to want to live on this planet anymore:

A guy by the name of "I-Pod" won gold by doing a "YOLO". Seriously.

Halfpipe spoilers that cause me not to want to live on this planet anymore:

A guy by the name of "I-Pod" won gold by doing a "YOLO". Seriously.
Iouri Podladtchikov has been a pretty big name in the snowboarding world for a while now. Never heard of that move, though. Last Olympics (or was it one of the X Games? might have been an X Games) he had a board with the TISM rabbit on it. I've been trying to find that board ever since.

Time to ask your parents some difficult questions about a "lost twin".
True story; I posted his picture as my Facebook profile pic and my mom called me to say how happy she is I started curling again.

And then she got in an argument with my dad because he thought it was me and she said it wasn't.