[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

GasBandit

Staff member
What stood out to me most about the SFX with the PPG fire was it did kind of a localized lens effect around the gun when it fired, like it was bending light away from the gun for a moment.

What stood out to me most about the SFX with the PPG fire was it did kind of a localized lens effect around the gun when it fired, like it was bending light away from the gun for a moment.
Yeah, that's supposedly the heat shimmer from the projectile.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, that's supposedly the heat shimmer from the projectile.

--Patrick
Huh. That's a lot less cool than what was happening in my head. I had figured it was like some kind of railgun effect that was so powerful it was momentarily bending light.

Three things from the latest WandaVision (ep 5):

1) I think Agnes is self aware and always has been, but just playing along.

2) I don't think that was Wanda who came out of the Hex. Her accent was miraculously back, for example. I think that was someone doing a trick to look like Wanda. An illusion, maybe.

3) I hope Quicksilver really is a literal recasting and not the exact same guy plucked from the X-Men universe as some theorize. I hope the explanation isn't that complicated to include a multiverse.[/spolier]
1)Yeah.

2)I'm pretty sure that was Wanda. Her accent seems to slip back in when she has to deal with The Real World. For example, when "Geraldine" slips, Wanda's accent returns.

3)It's possible, but I still think this may be a fake-out. Someone pretending to be her late brother to get close to her. The use of Evan Peters is perfect for that.

Three things from the latest WandaVision (ep 5):

1) I think Agnes is self aware and always has been, but just playing along.

2) I don't think that was Wanda who came out of the Hex. Her accent was miraculously back, for example. I think that was someone doing a trick to look like Wanda. An illusion, maybe.

3) I hope Quicksilver really is a literal recasting and not the exact same guy plucked from the X-Men universe as some theorize. I hope the explanation isn't that complicated to include a multiverse.[/spolier]
1)Yeah.

2)I'm pretty sure that was Wanda. Her accent seems to slip back in when she has to deal with The Real World. For example, when "Geraldine" slips, Wanda's accent returns.

3)It's possible, but I still think this may be a fake-out. Someone pretending to be her late brother to get close to her. The use of Evan Peters is perfect for that.
1) She has yet to be identified by SWORD. Dramatically this feels like this isn't just a matter of them not coming across her identity yet, but because she has no simple identity. So far she seems to be just as affected by Wanda's powers (including in some promo material for future episodes when Vision releases her like he did Norm). But there is very much more to her being there. Perhaps she helped Wanda but got pulled in along with everything.

2) Pretty sure it was Wanda. Her not having the accent is something the TV "perfect world" version of her has.

3) Honestly I have no idea. I think it could work either way. I would much rather see them completely restart the X-Men because of the really bad films in the legacy. But at this point in the MCU it's kinda hard to add them without some sort of "INSTANT MUTANTS" moment. It would be great if Evan Peters were Mephisto though.

1)Yeah.

3) That's my thought, too. Even the sight impaired identifiers isn't necessarily what's going on. It could be just the easiest way for that audience member to identify who is on the screen. Rather than saying "Evan Peters, who played Quicksilver in the X-Men movies." It might be a stunt casting to throw us off. I'm not convinced it's actually Quicksilver from the X-Men universe and so far, there's no concrete evidence directly within the show to say otherwise. (And to be clear, when I say "directly within the show," I don't mean the sight impaired identifier. That's not something necessarily done by the creative team(s).

3) That's my thought, too. Even the sight impaired identifiers isn't necessarily what's going on. It could be just the easiest way for that audience member to identify who is on the screen. Rather than saying "Evan Peters, who played Quicksilver in the X-Men movies." It might be a stunt casting to throw us off. I'm not convinced it's actually Quicksilver from the X-Men universe and so far, there's no concrete evidence directly within the show to say otherwise. (And to be clear, when I say "directly within the show," I don't mean the sight impaired identifier. That's not something necessarily done by the creative team(s).
As i've said,
he could easily be A Quicksilver from A X-men Universe. Esp since there's no way they wouldn't want to be able to use A Wolverine in the future.

Firing one would leave a trail of heat shimmer that would distort the air around it, as well as the bolt itself. You can kind of see this happening in the opening credits for season 4, right when Vir says "...the year of Great Sadness."

--Patrick
To be clear, i wasn't saying there was none, just that it wasn't exactly common enough to make then the 1st thing one thinks of when someone says B5 CGI.

Something just occurred to me. People seem to think Mephisto is going to appear in WandaVision. I'm not so sure that aligns with family friendly Disney.

But given that Wanda is set to be in Dr Strange 2, you know who MIGHT fit?

NIGHTMARE.
nightmare-marvel-comics-6d18ae66-e062-4cc8-af43-6ada692492e-resize-750.jpeg
He's a classic Dr Strange villain. He's all about creating dreams or nightmares for people. And he was rumored at one point to be the main villain in Dr Strange 2.

But hey, that's just a theory...

figmentPez

Staff member
And now #CancelDisneyPlus is trending on Twitter. LOL

EDIT: The funniest part is how the MAGA idiots pretending to care about sexual abuse victims and other issues. They only give a shit when it makes them look good. Any other time they're happy to throw victims under the bus.

figmentPez

Staff member
Mad About You (2019)

Somehow I'd missed that this one got a new season, 20 years later. It feels amazingly like the original run, which I think is a good thing. Helen Hunt and Paul Reiser are both still fantastic, and it was a lot of fun to watch. So much so that I'm going back through the old seasons.

America Gods on Starz is incredible. On S3 and caught up. The visuals are fantastic and the upgrades to the story don’t feel forced but natural. Can’t wait for the next episode!

I recently discovered Mythic Quest and Ted Lasso AppleTV+. I'm glad there is a season 2 for each series as they are fucking hilarious.

The Expanse
Glad I finally started watching this one. I had a completely different thought on what this was about before I actually started watching. It's great Sci-fi. I'd rank season 1 of Altered Carbon higher, but this definitely reminds me of that series in a good way. The biggest shock to me was seeing Thomas Jane in this. I've loved that guy since The Punisher and now I get to see him as a hard boiled detective. That's delight right there.

So there has been so little new stuff to watch that my wife and I started re-watching stuff we enjoyed. We just finished re-watching the entirety of Mr. Robot on Prime. Show holds up incredible well and is a fascinating watch. It was especially fun knowing all the twists and turns and seeing how well it all weaves together. Would recommend.

Dave

Staff member
I could never get into that show. When there's nobody worth rooting for I question why I'm watching it.