[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

If you start there, you'll miss the feel good part of the show,
where Jesse's girlfriend dies of a heroin overdose which causes her father to let two planes collide, killing hundreds.
After that, it really gets depressing and intense.
Those are the parts I've seen several times. I'm interested in lasting long enough to see the second half of season 4.

fade

Staff member
Dexter comes and goes. Right now it's in a low and there are only 3 episodes left. There is no real conflict, its all boring and predictable. It was made extremely obvious that Cassie's boyfriend was the brain surgeon (or at least bad) and it was made plain that the surgeon was related and probably a son (from her profile of the killer).

Copper is pretty good, they do some mind twisting things with the technology of the time. But if you can look past that, it is an interesting look at Civil War New York. The show deals with Irish in America, Slavery, Gangs, Prostitution, the aftermath of the Draft Riot. One of the characters who should have been interesting last year, but was written into a corner as being a victim with a 1000 yard stare, has finally got the opportunity for growth this season.
And it's way, way better than Ripper Street, which completely failed to hook me.

I finally got around to watching the rest of this past season of Supernatural. I hear next season is the final one, which is good because they've pretty much painted themselves into a corner as far as upping the ante.

I finally got around to watching the rest of this past season of Supernatural. I hear next season is the final one, which is good because they've pretty much painted themselves into a corner as far as upping the ante.
Without pulling a Shin Megami Tensei and making God the season's big bad, yeah, pretty much. I don't watch the show, but Tumblr made this sound like drawing lines for the final battle.

Breaking Bad - Untouchably good this season. Every episode has been spectacular.

Dexter - Unfathomably terrible. The final season may be the fucking worst. Incredibly ridiculous in the most drawn out boring way possible. Every episode of Dexter feels like it's 9 hours long.

Hell on Wheels has actually been watchable. It's still a poor man's Deadwood, but it's ok. WAY better than season 2.

There's a new Marvel cartoon called Hulk and the Agents of SMASH or something like that. It's really shitty. This kind of poop is what Earth's Mightiest Heroes was cancelled in favour of?

I read spoilers for the rest of the season of Dexter.

If true, it might wrap from the worst thing ever to the most unintentionally terribly hilarious pile of dumb shitty TV bullshit ever.

If you ever plan to watch Dexter, watch from seasons 1-4 and stop. Even season 3 is shitty, but 4 would have been a really great place to end it. After that it's a jump down the rabbit hole of spiraling awful.

Dexter rumored spoilers for finale

Quinn reveals he knew about Dexter for a couple seasons now, takes up his mantle. Dex, Hannah, and Harrison are supposed to flee to South America. Dex gets held up because Deb is mortally wounded and dies in a hospital. This is all during a hurricane named after Dexter's Mother is about to hit Miami, because Dexter leaves late, he gets caught in the hurricane and lost at sea or something. I also read that the hurricane somehow magically washes all of Dexter's bodies up on shore, and the final scene is Quinn stalking some guy saying "Tonight's the night" lmao

Yup, just fucking bonkers in the dumbest possible way. Hopefully it's all true. I don't want it to end boring.

Dexter rumored spoilers for finale

Quinn reveals he knew about Dexter for a couple seasons now, takes up his mantle. Dex, Hannah, and Harrison are supposed to flee to South America. Dex gets held up because Deb is mortally wounded and dies in a hospital. This is all during a hurricane named after Dexter's Mother is about to hit Miami, because Dexter leaves late, he gets caught in the hurricane and lost at sea or something. I also read that the hurricane somehow magically washes all of Dexter's bodies up on shore, and the final scene is Quinn stalking some guy saying "Tonight's the night" lmao
...Wow, that is dumb. At least it's not quite as stupid as the book's reveal of
Dexter's "Dark Passenger" being the god Moloch

Just watched the episode of Buffy where
she was dealing with her mom dying...damn. It just felt so damn real, the way everybody was dealing with Joyce's death I mean damn.

Just watched the episode of Buffy where
she was dealing with her mom dying...damn. It just felt so damn real, the way everybody was dealing with Joyce's death I mean damn.
The episode is entitled : The Body and it is probably one of the finest things ever aired on television.

I love how the entire episode had NO background music at all it set the tone perfectly. Even while still being in a fantasy setting it felt so damn real. This episode I am re watching at least five times.

Easily my favorite character of that show.
Me too, which I find funny cos she started out as a normal monster of the week and now I can't imagine the show with out her.

So yeah apparently Xiaolin Showdown has a semi-loose sequel series. Its pretty good, but every voice actor is replaced except for Tara Strong, there is a new dragon whose power is wood who is CLEARLY Omi's secret brother, Dojo's yellow for some reason, all the shengongwu are named differently because stupid copyright reasons, and the xiaolin showdowns are in CGI now with the people in said showdowns wearing Tron suits, Wuya's origina is changed, and Raimundo isn't the leader of the team for some reason. Still though, not bad.

Yoshi, DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easily my favorite character of that show.
Yeah, that's why the final episode pissed me off so much. Xander's lack of reaction to her death and the way in which she died was rage inducing.

Yeah, that's why the final episode pissed me off so much. Xander's lack of reaction to her death and the way in which she died was rage inducing.
My wife, a fellow Anya lover, was pissed for a good week.

I didn't really care about that, because by that point after the colossal swerve that was the fucking wedding I had completely given up on ever seeing anything worthwhile come out of Xander.

How the most recent episode of Breaking Bad would work if it were written by the team at Dexter, (courtesy of /r/breakingbad):
Andrea: Hi Jesse, it's Andrea. Brock's mom. You may remember me from a relationship we had several months back. Anyway, your friend Walt is here and we want you to come over.
Hank Voiceover: My phone is ringing. No, this is Jesse's phone that I have. Who could be calling Jesse? There is a voicemail. :::listens to voicemail::: I ought to show this to Jesse.
Ghost Dad: Wait, Hank. It might be Walt playing a trick on Jesse. Remember how he poisoned Brock before? He knows that Jesse would get angry and go over there, and then...
Hank: Walt will have hitmen waiting for him.
Hank Voiceover: He is good. But not as good as me. I won't even tell Jesse, since this is his phone and I have it, from before.

There's a reason I watch Dexter before Breaking Bad.

Dexter had one redeeming moment this week, an unintentionally hilarious (due to the acting, editing, everything) moment.

Here is a gif of said moment

Then the kid proceeded to laugh through his owie, owie, owie lines.

More final season gif magic

Last edited:
I've started watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell now.
Nothing wrong with laughing at it. You only go to hell if you, for a single moment, identify with anyone on the show. If that happens, you're damned for eternity.

Well, the show has it's ups and downs in the proceeding 7 seasons, but I still love it.[DOUBLEPOST=1378827541,1378827278][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol, I hate myself for watching Dexter. It's so bad. So bad. I hate that it's so bad.
I seriously can't think of any show that's gone from as good (or at least as enjoyable) as Dexter was in it's early days to as fucking terrible as this last season is. Good shows have had bad last seasons, but this is just heinous.