[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

I just learned that Robo-Doakes is an actual thing in the Dexter books....I really wanted that to happen in the show.

Well, the show has it's ups and downs in the proceeding 7 seasons, but I still love it.[DOUBLEPOST=1378827541,1378827278][/DOUBLEPOST]

I seriously can't think of any show that's gone from as good (or at least as enjoyable) as Dexter was in it's early days to as fucking terrible as this last season is. Good shows have had bad last seasons, but this is just heinous.
Heroes?

Heroes had one good season. Dexter has had at least three - arguably more.

Buffy, I thought, was solid all the way through. I actually like the later seasons more than the earlier ones. 7 was definitely the worst, but I have a soft spot for 4 and 6. 5 was probably the best of the bunch or at least tied with 3.[DOUBLEPOST=1378841135,1378841050][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, apparently

He gets his hands, feet and tongue amputated by a villain in the books, but lives. He later returns with prosthetics and a voice box thing. He's essentially cyborg Doakes
That sounds amazing. I suddenly picture him saying, "Surprise motherfucker!" in a Dr. Sbaitso voice.

Heroes had one good season. Dexter has had at least three - arguably more.

Buffy, I thought, was solid all the way through. I actually like the later seasons more than the earlier ones. 7 was definitely the worst, but I have a soft spot for 4 and 6. 5 was probably the best of the bunch or at least tied with
Buffy Season 6 was terrible, barring three really good episodes.

Heroes was so terrible after the first season that it retroactively made season 1 bad.

Heroes season one was great. Everything afte that was a festering turd. I'm curious what would have happened if not for the writers' strike. It showed promise, but I'm not convinced they actually knew where they were going with 90% of the storylines.

Cajungal

Staff member
One thing about Heroes, besides the general horribleness after season 1, was a minor complaint I kept having.

...How many times am I gonna hear some variation of: "All my life... I've felt so different... and now I see..." MGGHHHRAAAAAAH. ShutupI'mbored.

Heroes season one was great. Everything afte that was a festering turd. I'm curious what would have happened if not for the writers' strike. It showed promise, but I'm not convinced they actually knew where they were going with 90% of the storylines.
Not knowing where you're going with storylines is not an excuse for them being bad. Breaking Bad for example is straight up seat of the pants writing. They didn't even know why they had Walt what he was doing in the opening scene of this season, just that they needed something cool to start it.

Not knowing where you're going with storylines is not an excuse for them being bad. Breaking Bad for example is straight up seat of the pants writing. They didn't even know why they had Walt what he was doing in the opening scene of this season, just that they needed something cool to start it.
It's not an excuse, but it can lead to bad things. With Breaking Bad, certain things weren't known right off the bat, but the gist of it, they had an idea. Take a nice guy and turn him into scarface. They had their character arc from day one. I don't think Heroes had that much.

Also, you can pre-order theBreaking Bad Complete series now(release date Nov 26th). I ordered it last night, the price has jumped up $100 since then so I just might be getting a bargain. Those bonus features are going to rock my socks off.

Oh God, hopefully there's a "fits into your DVD shelf" collection too. I hate special editions that come in ridiculous packaging.

Ha ha, the season opener to Sons of Anarchy has a 17 minute cold open before the credits. Why bother at that point?

Ha ha, the season opener to Sons of Anarchy has a 17 minute cold open before the credits. Why bother at that point?
There's another show that, while not as strong as Dexter in the beginning, really took a dive after 2 or 3 seasons.
I honestly don't give a shit what happens on that show anymore and there's only room for one terrible show in my life right now.

Just finished season 5...damn.
What a dark ending. WELL *CLAP* time to watch season six where she clearly comes back to life because television!

Also finished season 2 of Angel, this guy needs like fifteen hugs a day I mean damn! I also love the Host, he is funny and probably my favorite new character.

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
The Heart, She Holler went way downhill in season 2. Sedaris was okay in Strangers With Candy but she took Schall's character and made it into a stupid parody. They seemed to have hired a less competent DP or set designer too.

I've been rewatching Buffy with a friend who's never seen it before. I wish we were making time as good as Yoshi is, but we're only getting a few episodes every 3-4 weeks or so.

Just finished season 5...damn. What a dark ending. WELL *CLAP* time to watch season six where
she clearly comes back to life because television!

Also finished season 2 of Angel, this guy needs like fifteen hugs a day I mean damn! I also love the Host, he is funny and probably my favorite new character.
No offense Yoshi, but if you don't want to be spoiled,you could do others the same courtesy. Yes, I knew, and all that, but that really is quite a big one
Not the coming back, of course, because television, but the dying bit.

Yeah my bad, should've put a tag there.
Really even though I knew she was coming back, it was still like freakin' WHOA! And I'm kinda conflicted on the whole bringing her back thing, since this is how they were going to end it right? On the one hand its Buffy saying screw you to her destiny as a slayer, but on the other hand it makes the sacrifice kinda pointless as well as tacking on another season. So I guess I'm both glad and mad with this story outcome. Weird.

Yeah my bad, should've put a tag there.
Really even though I knew she was coming back, it was still like freakin' WHOA! And I'm kinda conflicted on the whole bringing her back thing, since this is how they were going to end it right? On the one hand its Buffy saying screw you to her destiny as a slayer, but on the other hand it makes the sacrifice kinda pointless as well as tacking on another season. So I guess I'm both glad and mad with this story outcome. Weird.
ONCE MORE, WITH FEELING!

So, AMC has announced a prequel series to Breaking Bad called Better Call Saul starring, shockingly, Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman. Huh.

MIIIILKIN DA COOOOOOOOOOOW

It's not old news, they literally just announced it was actually happening now. Yeah, it was rumoured for a long time, but never outright confirmed. Gilligan will take part and he'll hand it off to the writer that created Saul.

AMC's running scared. Breaking Bad is over, Mad Men is coming to an end. What do they have other than Walking Dead?

I wonder if it will still have Kuby and Huell as supporting characters
I can't imagine it not. More Kuby and Huell is never a bad thing.

GasBandit

Staff member
AMC is like the evil twin of the MTV effect. Music Television now plays horrible reality tv instead of music, and American Movie Classics now shows compelling, popular contemporary shows everybody talks about instead of old black and white feature films everybody ignores.

It's not old news, they literally just announced it was actually happening now. Yeah, it was rumoured for a long time, but never outright confirmed. Gilligan will take part and he'll hand it off to the writer that created Saul.

AMC's running scared. Breaking Bad is over, Mad Men is coming to an end. What do they have other than Walking Dead?
Low Winter Sun?

I might watch it some day...

Not sure if this is a new addition, but I've never seen it up on Netflix before. Either way, I'm totally watching the MST3K Gamora episode.

Gamora is really neat, he is full of turtle meat.

Man, I like MMA. I've always enjoyed some Ultimate Fighter and I was stoked for the new season because I also like women's MMA and a season of fights from the same weight class of women and men should be interesting. First episode and every single talking head they've shown has been crying about how they're doing this for their families and blah, blah, blah, COME ON.

I know this is Fox manipulating and more "REALITYING" up the reality portion of the show and it shows. And it sucks. No wonder they're doing sub 700,000 viewers per episode now. Show's in the tank. Like MMA in general right now.