[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

A script that takes advantage of the futuristic high technology setting it's placed in, where humanoid robots are advanced enough to pass the Turing test, and the separation of man and machine is smaller than ever. Not Die Hard.

A script that takes advantage of the futuristic high technology setting it's placed in, where humanoid robots are advanced enough to pass the Turing test, and the separation of man and machine is smaller than ever. Not Die Hard.
Ahh, I see the problem. You seem to think this is a sci-fi story. No, no, see, it's an opposite partners police procedural. In fact, you can have the exact same story lines just by setting it 50 years ago and having the android be black instead. Or set it today and just have it take place in Mississippi.

Ahh, I see the problem. You seem to think this is a sci-fi story. No, no, see, it's an opposite partners police procedural. In fact, you can have the exact same story lines just by setting it 50 years ago and having the android be black instead. Or set it today and just have it take place in Mississippi.
Yup, and that's incredibly dull and a complete waste of the setting.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold This show has a LOOOOOOOOT more death in it that I anticipated. I mean damn, this show advertised itself as a more light-hearted incarnation yet it drops the dark outcome card easily. Damn good show.

Just finished Luther season 3.

Good but not as good as the first 2 seasons. Ended perfectly though. If you haven't watched this wonderful BBC cop/thriller/weirdly funny show starring the amazing Idris Elba you owe yourself a trip to netflix town.

Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 is fantastic. I'm about 4 episodes from the end, and I will be sad that it's over. Netflix can be a blessing and a curse sometimes.

Trust me, the one hour premier was hilarious. ALSO- Dr. Bell from Monk *Mike from Breaking Bad is assumed to be the new Pierce. I know, it is awesome.

* I thought they were the same actor, still cool though.

Last edited:
It was funny at points, but was I the only one who felt a lot of the actors were just phoning it in at this point?

I will say that Abed's complete breakdown trying to figure out Nicholas Cage was magical. As well as Jeff being completely straight-faced and dead inside while the Dean did stuff to him. I can't imagine how many takes either of those scenes took.

Maybe a little from Allyson during the first half, but all around I felt it was all around solid. And yeah Abed getting Cage madness was awesome.

I felt weird typing Cage madness, reminded me of that Evolution movie. Course Cage Fever would've sounded just as weird.

Sherlock was almost insufferably up it's own ass for the first episode and the mystery was garbage (and not really the point of the episode) but I still loved every moment of it. Can't wait until next week.

So I caught all 5 episodes of Almost Human on Hulu and...I actually quite like it. The last episode wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. I enjoy some of the moral/philosophical implications that they skirt, but don't dwell on in the show. And while Karl Urban is clearly pretty good at his job, the android partner is my favorite in the show.

It was funny at points, but was I the only one who felt a lot of the actors were just phoning it in at this point?
Not me. I didn't hate season 4, but I forgot Community could be this funny. Certain moments of season 4 were hysterical because of the actors' delivery and not the lines themselves, but here everything was back to form. I didn't see any failings on the actors' parts.

I was surprised to see Chevy Chase make a cameo. After what happened between him and Dan Harmon, and then what happened with him without Dan Harmon, I thought he'd be out entirely.

Great scene referencing that, when Troy says "Does anyone else feel bad about doing this without ..." *head tilts towards Pierce's chair* "... Magnitude?" I loved both episodes. We didn't buy season 4 of the show, but we'll definitely be getting season 5 later if they keep this up. Gonna be really sad to see Donald Glover go.[/quote]

I also enjoyed the self-reference when Troy ragged on Zach Braff for leaving after 6 episodes of Scrubs season 9, when Donald Glover is leaving after 6 episodes of this season on Community.

This is the first time in a while that I thought Community was funny again.

So, I decided that I would check out Sean Saves the World... holy hell is this a by the numbers boring sitcom. It's sad because there are some really talented actors working here.

Every time I think I remember something from season 4, it ends up being from season 3 instead. Other than when I, personally, was name-dropped, I remember NOTHING of season 4.

My favorite moment from season 4 was during the Thanksgiving episode when Annie, Troy, and Abed are about to poison themselves to escape Shirley's house when Shirley catches them and asks what they were doing.

"We were ..."
"... about to ..."
"Eat garbage dip!"

The joyous way Donald Glover delivers that line had my wife and I hysterically laughing. They've done that gag before, but the delivery was priceless. The show-runners weren't Dan Harmon, but the cast still gave it their A-game. They wrote a terrible speech for Jeff in the season 4 finale, but Joel McHale sold it with every scrap of confidence and charm he could muster.

Dave

Staff member
I know this has probably been talked about, but I just discovered this show. Gadget Man. Holy shit is this my kind of show!

Episode 1.

Oh, did I mention the host of the first season is Stephen Fry and the second is Richard Ayoade?

Big Bang Theory last night. Now I need to warn you that last night's episode had gratuitous cleavage shots last night that you may want to avoid.

Getting near the end of Parks & Rec season 5.

After such a forward momentum season like 4, I'd think having a calmer season would feel like a drag, but nope--this show is still beautiful.

Dave

Staff member
Apparently it's on Amazon and it's free to watch. It's getting great reviews and stars John Goodman. Bill Murray is in the first episode.

Very interesting.

Amazon is obviously doing a poor job of marketing it. I watched the first episode after seeing this thread. Something felt familiar about the vibe through the whole episode. I finally figured it out when I saw during the credits that it was created by Doonesbury creator Gary Trudeau. It seems good, but not worth signing for Amazon Prime for.

Amazon is obviously doing a poor job of marketing it. I watched the first episode after seeing this thread. Something felt familiar about the vibe through the whole episode. I finally figured it out when I saw during the credits that it was created by Doonesbury creator Gary Trudeau. It seems good, but not worth signing for Amazon Prime for.
Agreed, I go on Amazon almost every day and saw no advertisements for said show.