The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

I remember it more because it obviously used the same sound electronics as Electronic Battleship.
My parents never needed to “accidentally disable” anything. They just knew I would take it apart eventually.

—Patrick

Harris Bomberman is back to make you feel a deep loathing for someone new.
Man, as much as I hate the work created in the short time I did video essays, I can at least say they're original works. AND they're properly and painstakingly cited, as he talks about during the Illuminaughti portion of the video. My video essays were garbage, but at least they weren't blatant plagarism.

Wait till you get to James Somerton. He's already vanished from the internet leaving his partner bewildered and beyond hurt before he deleted the Discord.

I finished the video earlier today. Seeing the reactions online has been wild.

In the meantime, Somerton has turned off comments on all of his YouTube posts, and deleted his Twitter, Discord, AND Patreon pages. People are coming out of the woodwork to reveal their worl was also plagiarized, some learning of it BECAUSE of Hbomberguy's video.

To say that he's done is an understatement.

Meanwhile, Todd in the Shadows just posted his own nearly two-hour long video covering as many of Somerton's lies as he could find.

Last edited:
I came home yesterday to my wife announcing as soon as I walked in the door, "So! I just watched this HUGE video on YouTube about plagiarism..."
And then tonight she watched Todd's video, too. I still haven't seen either one, mainly because when am I going to watch SIX HOURS of evisceration?

--Patrick

I came home yesterday to my wife announcing as soon as I walked in the door, "So! I just watched this HUGE video on YouTube about plagiarism..."
And then tonight she watched Todd's video, too. I still haven't seen either one, mainly because when am I going to watch SIX HOURS of evisceration?

--Patrick
Basic summation: Somerton BLATANLTY plagiarized from others for his scripts. He stole from books, website articles, other YouTubers, etc. Using entire passages as his own, without citation. There was one writer who only discovered it because they were a fan, even backed him on Patreon, and discovered he ripped off one of their articles. Even more egregiously, he lifted large passages directly from Wikipedia.

His attempts at covering his ass were laughable at best, or covered in lies. Like changing the title card of a video to say "Based on the works of this article," even though he never got permission from the original writer. Or he'd just blame is co-writer, a fellow Nick, basically throwing him under the bus any time accusations of plagiarism were brought up. Or he'll use the "I, a gay man, am being attacked" when faced with legitimate criticism and sends his fanbase after the accuser.

There's also something of an undercurrent of misogyny in a lot of his comments about straight women.

So yeah, it's...a lot. Hbomberguy is incredibly comprehensive in his takedown. It wouldn't surprise me if Somerton's initial response "I'm being attacked!" was reactionary before actually watching to video and realizing how damning it was.

Last edited: