The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

I am simultaneously so jealous of what he got to do and happy for him that he got to do it.
This is exactly the sort of thing I have long wanted to do, but Tom actually did it, And did it well enough that I cannot justify complaining about any jealousy I might have, because I doubt I would've done it half as engagingly as he did.
And so I salute him for doing it, and will happily cheer him on to whatever he does next--so long as he doesn't end up in the Milkshake Duck thread, that is. I hope not.

--Patrick

It's a shame that Shad guy turned out to be such a loser.
For @Celt Z the shadiversity guy, who made the video about stick being better than most complex weapons, started going down the anti-woke anti-feminism trend, and is one of those weirdos that got really upset over the barbie movie and also that Peach didn't need saving in the Mario movie.

For @Celt Z the shadiversity guy, who made the video about stick being better than most complex weapons, started going down the anti-woke anti-feminism trend, and is one of those weirdos that got really upset over the barbie movie and also that Peach didn't need saving in the Mario movie.
I've never heard of this guy or seen his work, but he sounds... yeah. For a second, I was wondering if you were referring to the arrow video guy, who's name I don't remember, and I was a little sad to hear he turned out to suck. Hopefully arrow guy is not being a douchenozzle?

figmentPez

Staff member
2024 marks the first time in over 200 years where both varieties of Cicada will come out to fuck.
The video overstates things. Not all 13 and 17 year cicadas are part of the same broods. So while this is the first time in over over 200 years these specific broods will overlap, it's not been that long since there's been overlap between different 13 and 17 year broods.

Also, there's not a lot of overlap in the regions where these two broods can be found, so it's not like the entire country is going to be engulfed in cicadas.

There are also annual cicadas that come out every year.

The video overstates things. Not all 13 and 17 year cicadas are part of the same broods. So while this is the first time in over over 200 years these specific broods will overlap, it's not been that long since there's been overlap between different 13 and 17 year broods.

Also, there's not a lot of overlap in the regions where these two broods can be found, so it's not like the entire country is going to be engulfed in cicadas.

There are also annual cicadas that come out every year.
Shh, let us have the bugfuck.