The EPIC WIN Thread 2: EPIC HARDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a little snafu, got my tattoo design and worked out another date with the artist. Still needs a little tweaking, but I'm happy with it!

That's a sweet design, but it seems like there are a lot of spatial inconsistencies in the double helix. Are those the tweaks you speak of, or am I visually dyslexic today?

We had our screening of the 3rd year films today and our film got a GREAT reaction. We had a number of people in tears, which is the reaction we wanted, and a lot of applause. I'm so happy, and so proud of my group. The day finished appropriately with three bottles of champagne.

I can't post the film though, because after we fix a few minor compositing issues, we're going to try and get it played in a few film festivals.

Cajungal

Staff member
My godchild's words regarding the afterlife: "You can't get back at somebody from Heaven... except for the Robots."

C

Chazwozel

Thanks, man! And it'll be going between my shoulder blades; I'm thinking maybe around four or five inches tall.
Ah the ol' science nerd with a tatooo of science! Nice! I was going to get a DNA tattoo a while back with the codons spelling out my initials, but I never got around to creating a design. Really nice though if the artist can pull it off.

Going to the cinema tomorrow* with the girl I like, with who I have such a promising relationship right now it's difficult not to start imagining she likes me too. ¡I'm so excited right now!

*it's Saint George's day too, kinda like the traditional valentines day in Catalonia!

My MAC purchase came in today!!!! I know MAC is overpriced, but I REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY wanted the Viva Glam Viva Gaga lipstick! Plus, all profits go to AIDS research!!!!

LOOK AT THIS COLOR!!!!!!

(not my pic, but the first pic I found in google images)

Going to the cinema tomorrow* with the girl I like, with who I have such a promising relationship right now it's difficult not to start imagining she likes me too. ¡I'm so excited right now!

*it's Saint George's day too, kinda like the traditional valentines day in Catalonia!
Nice stuff.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I got my hair cut today, a real cut and not a trim, for the first time in 8 months. God my hair feels great.

I've been getting compliments ever since I chopped most of my hair off. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but honestly I think I'm over the whole long hair thing. Feels pretty good to get complimented about something besides being funny.

I got my hair cut today, a real cut and not a trim, for the first time in 8 months. God my hair feels great.
Pictures or... wait, this isn't THAT exciting. Pictures if you wanna. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

It's exciting for me! :humph:[/QUOTE]

Wasn't meaning that it wasn't good for you, just playing with the "Pictures or it didn't happen" thing and the fact that most here wouldn't even be able to tell if you actually got a big cut. Mainly just goofing off while trying not to be too bored during Avatar... but that's for a different thread.

Cajungal

Staff member
The.... Praxis.... is.... OVER. And I'm pretty sure I passed both parts. A lot of people don't finish the PLT. I am one of those people. BUT! ...I finished commenting on the case studies. I just didn't answer a few multiple choice.

Not too eventful, really, except for this chick who asked me for a pencil. She only brought ONE to a four hour test. Why? I don't know why, but I'm REALLY weird about giving away my writing implements. I hate loaning pens and pencils, even really cheap ones. So she grinned at me all nice and said, "Um... hiiiiii, could I have a pencil?" (no please), and I rolled my eyes and handed her one. I'm not a nice person when it comes to pens and pencils.

Congrats! And I'm actually the same way about my writing implements. We had to write an exam for our license to practice as Emergency Medical Responders and this guy beside me didn't bring a pencil. At all. Good lord. I did give him one of mine, though with much eye-rolling as well.

Cajungal

Staff member
Hehe, so we're not heartless. We share... just... grudgingly. Oh, the things I could have written with you, Mister Dixon Ticonderoga...

Hehe, so we're not heartless. We share... just... grudgingly. Oh, the things I could have written with you, Mister Dixon Ticonderoga...
Much nicer than me, I bring my pencil (gimme something to write on!) [(sorry, 80s Van Halen flashback there...)] and a backup pencil, and a backup for the backup (you never know when one will just snap on you). I won't share. Ever. The test prep guide says bring two pencils, you should bring two pencils. Then I proceed to annoy the person that asked for a pencil by finishing EVERYTHING before they do. I like taking tests, they are rather relaxing to me, my personal nemesis is daily work, it just figuratively bores me to death.

Kudos on being nicer than me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::high5:

W

Wasabi Poptart

Pictures or... wait, this isn't THAT exciting. Pictures if you wanna. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

It's exciting for me! :humph:[/QUOTE]

Wasn't meaning that it wasn't good for you, just playing with the "Pictures or it didn't happen" thing and the fact that most here wouldn't even be able to tell if you actually got a big cut. Mainly just goofing off while trying not to be too bored during Avatar... but that's for a different thread.[/QUOTE]

*nudge* Actually, I was only being goofy with the :humph: . I might post pics if there are any good ones taken tomorrow.

4 Winds Fantasy Gaming Sales figures for our best selling products - Book of Arcane Magic: 395 (251 PDF, 144 print), Book of Divine Magic: 251 (160 PDF, 91 print), Luven Lightfinger's Gear & Treasure Shop 229 (149 PDF, 80 print), GM's Aid VII: 223 (all PDF), Paths of Power: 218 (135 PDF, 83 print), GM's Aid VIII: 124 (all PDF). -RWT

Those are all products released since August 13th, 2009, so in under 9 months we've sold over 1400 products. Release dates: Book of Arcane Magic: August 13, 2009. Book of Divine Magic: September 29, 2009. Paths of Power: November 28th, 2009. Luven Lightfinger's Gear & Treasure Shop, February 20th, 2010.

Our current book, Strategists and Tacticians, is currently in the Top 15 of DriveThruRPG's Small Press products.

Cajungal

Staff member
Much nicer than me, I bring my pencil (gimme something to write on!) [(sorry, 80s Van Halen flashback there...)] and a backup pencil, and a backup for the backup (you never know when one will just snap on you).[/QUOTE]

I had 10 perfectly sharpened. I keep them in my sweater pocket and trade them out, not as they break, but as they get dull and hard to write with. I could spare one. I only used 7 for the essay portion. If I'd only had 5 or so, I'd have said no.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

(I like tests too!)

Does anyone have a particular brand of pencils that they like to use? I've gone through so many terrible pencils, I buy these in bulk and then carry 4 or 5 of them at a time. They rarely break while I'm using them, they sharpen well ... just a good reliable pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.