The EPIC WIN Thread 2: EPIC HARDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the show was a big success!
Even though we were the first band to play the place had already packed out pretty good, I'd say about a 1/3 there for us, 1/3 there for the second band and a 1/3 their for the last band, which for our first show is a pretty damn good turn out.

So we start with an instrumental number, "The Echo" and as we finished it up I turned around to look at the drummer, and he's making a giant "OH SHIT" face. I mouth "what happened?" and he points at the top of his high hat, which has totally split and inverted itself! So, the music is still going and one of the guys in the later bands runs over and asks whats up (later he said he saw our drummers face and knew something was wrong). I tell him and he grabs his high hat and throws it to me and I pass it back to the drummer.
We forge on and no one notices since the song bled right into the long guitar intro for the next song.

Right about the time we hit our third song the floor, already crowded, is just packed almost right up to the stage, and we start to hear lots of clapping and yelling during the breaks between songs. After we wrap up the World Glow people are starting to move and we get a couple "Fuck yeah!"s, which just feels great.
So we storm into our last song, "I'm a Believer" and when we hit that dance beat on the chorus people are really starting to move, so it's a real shame that it's our last tune but we sure as hell left them wanting more.

Some of the feedback we got that was really great to hear:
The other bands had no idea this was our first show, they were stunned when they found out.
A guy told one of my friends "Man, usually the first band really sucks but these guys are REALLY good!"
and lots of other nice stuff was said to us, etc. Got some good critical feedback as well, which is really helpful, but all in all it was a really, really damn good night.

Dave

Staff member
I was *this close* to convincing the wife to drive up with me to Minneapolis to watch. But we had to be somewhere Sunday so we couldn't do it.

Good job on the live crack, Espy. Now that you've tasted it nothing will ever be the same again.

LOL, that would be one hell of a drive for our 30 minute set Dave. Maybe the next show when we have a longer set to play, then we can go out and get blitzed after and then pass out next to the pool at my apartment!

It's actually not the first time I've played live. I did vocals in a garage band back in the late 90's, but it really wasn't much experience, this is... much more real.

P

Philosopher B.

Did you got to his set shirtless, too, or do your reserve that for Sir Paul?

Did you got to his set shirtless, too, or do your reserve that for Sir Paul?
The smoking baby tattoo on his lower back isn't ready yet.

I FINALLY GET TO POST HERE WOO~

Going home to CA for a week in July. Folks are going to take me camping by the beach, plus I get to see my pups. Gonna be awesome.

E

Element 117

We're in talks to reexamine our relationship. I don't deserve to be hopeful. But, we'll see. It's good news for those who can't stand me here.

It might also be good news for those who wish you well. Regardless of what you think you deserve, I am hopeful for you.

It's my birthday! I'm in Barcelona, even though I was supposed to have left 2 days ago and I'm going to go have drinks with some more Spanish forumites. Nifty.

I have finally met a forumite! I had to fly 4000 kilometers but I did it. Tegid and I hung out last night, had dinner a few drinks and good time. So that was neat. He met my friend Josh who castigated him on enjoying soccer and we met a few of his friends and his girlfriend. Nifty.
Intercontinental forumite meeting!! :D It was awesome!

M

makare

I might, finally, be getting a new mattress. The one I have has springs that stick through and poke me while I sleep. I hate it. I hope this works out. Im excited!

M

makare

I like Earnest but I only eat my moms mac n cheese. date fail.

Unless my mom will be there and make the mac n cheese. You two might get a long being about the same age and all.

Tonight I am going on a sorta-but-not-really-a-date with the girl who introduced me to Star Trek back in January.

We're going to the local symphony to hear The Music of Star Trek, as hosted by John de Lancie and Robert Picardo, including an exclusive ticketed afterparty meet and greet with the guys.

I'm going to meet Q! :awesome:

John de Lancie sensually nibbling Patrick Stewart's ear.

The only downside to this event is that I'll be driving, so no synth ale or Klingon bloodwine for me!

M

makare

is this protection from me because Im actual very gentle... sometimes... maybe...

Tonight I am going on a sorta-but-not-really-a-date with the girl who introduced me to Star Trek back in January.

We're going to the local symphony to hear The Music of Star Trek, as hosted by John de Lancie and Robert Picardo, including an exclusive ticketed afterparty meet and greet with the guys.

I'm going to meet Q! :awesome:
Good for you on the sorta date.
I got to meet de Lancie a few years back, he's a very funny guy.

M

makare

That's good. I was concerned you thought I was hostile or unclean. I cant take that kind of thing.

That's good. I was concerned you thought I was hostile or unclean. I cant take that kind of thing.
Well now that you brought it up we're all thinking about it. I mean, we can tell if you're hostile from here, but unclean? You could be posting from a pile of your own filth for all we know.

Makere1, you're...you're not posting from a pile of your own filth, right?

Well now that you brought it up we're all thinking about it. I mean, we can tell if you're hostile from here, but unclean? You could be posting from a pile of your own filth for all we know.

Makere1, you're...you're not posting from a pile of your own filth, right?[/QUOTE]

Specifically her own filth?

M

makare

makare1, you're...you're not posting from a pile of your own filth, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope just cleaned this morning... if you had asked me 12 hours ago that would have been a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.