The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Good news, everyone! After many trials and tribulations, I officially got promoted. Starting in Fall 2020 I will no longer be a lecturer, but an assistant professor. That means more responsibilities but also much more stature and a huge bump in pay.

Maybe I'm just feeling so much better overall right now, but thank you so much all of you for being supportive in my time of need.

Dave

Staff member
Maybe I'm just feeling so much better overall right now, but thank you so much all of you for being supportive in my time of need.
I’ve never had a problem with depression, but in 2012 when my life went to complete shit, you guys were there for me. You guys are like family to me. A weird family but a family.

You want to hear the really cool part? Just because you're feeling better right now, doesn't mean we're going to stop being supportive of you. We love you, man.

You want to hear the really cool part? Just because you're feeling better right now, doesn't mean we're going to stop being supportive of you. We love you, man.
Well, I mean, maybe if he's feeling better we can mention the cheesy smell? No? Not yet? Too soon? :whistling:

Just got my grade for my last final and I passed (just 0.92 shy of an A in the class) I AM DONE WITH ALL OF MY CLASSES! All I have left are clinicals then I can take my nclex and get my LVN license!

edit: reality just hit me that I don't have classes and tests anymore and I've been hyped up for so long and it all just turned off and my god I'm tired and wore out and just want to sleep

Last edited:
green card approved2.jpg

This is such a huge weight off my shoulders, after 19 months of waiting and a lot of fuck-ups (notices never sent out or sent to wrong addresses, evidence rejected due to post-facto standard changes, last-minute appointments for temporary stamp shit).

I had put a lot of things on hold (travel, purchases, career moves) for fear of an untimely interview notice, or a rejection + removal proceedings (specially after the notice of intent to deny) but they skipped straight to approving me so... Yeah. Officially at the end of the road, until I hit citizenship eligibility.

View attachment 34911

This is such a huge weight off my shoulders, after 19 months of waiting and a lot of fuck-ups (notices never sent out or sent to wrong addresses, evidence rejected due to post-facto standard changes, last-minute appointments for temporary stamp shit).

I had put a lot of things on hold (travel, purchases, career moves) for fear of an untimely interview notice, or a rejection + removal proceedings (specially after the notice of intent to deny) but they skipped straight to approving me so... Yeah. Officially at the end of the road, until I hit citizenship eligibility.
Is it too late to switch to Canada? Because at this point that's probably the better move.

Is it too late to switch to Canada? Because at this point that's probably the better move.
That's where I wanted to go to do graduate studies in crypto, since the U.S.-style NOFORN thing wasn't an issue... But then I went steady, and my then-girlfriend wanted to stay in GA, so I entered the workforce instead.

Remains a distinct possibility, were I to find a reason compelling enough for me to drop my current social circle. For the moment, though, I'm planning on remaining states-side until I am granted or denied citizenship (since that gives a non-expiring right to enter/exit the U.S.). We'll see beyond that.

Canada has had less than half the deaths of the US.
USA - 498.74 deaths per million inhabitants.
Canada - 243.77 deaths per million inhabitants.
source
...so Canada has a death rate per capita 48.88% that of the USA’s, which IS in fact less than half as many, though not by a huge margin.

—Patrick

Short version is, my sister bought me a car. Fronted me $4K, and I got this 2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition with 151K miles on the clock. Same pics as the other thread because I already have them, and it's too hot to go back outside to take more.

Biggest issue is the key won't open the trunk for some reason, but the release inside still works.

Does a car from 2003 still have separate keys?
I don’t know. There’s no actual standard for mfrs I know of as to whether to go single/dual key, and there’s also the possibility that the ignition (or the trunk) may have been recored at some point.

—Patrick