The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

@HCGLNS was most rude towards my cargo pants and suggested not only that the pockets were for show, but that they were too tight to sit in.

I loaded up all the pockets with whatever tools I could find near the kitchen and filled every damn pocket of those cargo pants and walked and sat etc. The pants are awesome and his mocking was not to be tolerated!

"She could do it."
"What?"
"Yoshimi. She could battle those robots. And you wanna know what? She could win too."
"Well...what do you mean good buddy? How could a little girl fight a robot, let alone several robots?"
"Ok, Darry. Darry, ok. Now, I'll give you that it's gonna be a tough fight. I'll give you that. But I don't think you're taking into consideration the sheer willpower, the animal tenacity, and outright resilience of a little girl going beast mode, let alone the almost supernatural speed and agility. I seen one, likely amped up on cotton candy and just the pure thrill of the afternoon's excitement no doubt, at the fair two summers back hold her own against at least 4 full grown carnies trying to wrangle her out of the bouncy castle after she split away from her mum through the midway and darted in there. At least one walked away with a bloody nose from when she projectile bounced her dome right into his face. If she trained and focused like that song suggests and turned herself into a living weapon, with the drive to save humanity pushing her, I don't think she'd have a problem at all."

Dave

Staff member
This morning I had an interview with Cargill for Operations Technician for the Blair, NE plant. It's the one I took that test for that was so damned difficult. But I apparently aced it. After the phone call the two hiring managers discussed it and they said, "We can't afford to let this guy get away."

I have accepted an offer. I start near the end of September. It starts at $50k a year and has "as much overtime as I want".

The job (although at a different location):

This morning I had an interview with Cargill for Operations Technician for the Blair, NE plant. It's the one I took that test for that was so damned difficult. But I apparently aced it. After the phone call the two hiring managers discussed it and they said, "We can't afford to let this guy get away."

I have accepted an offer. I start near the end of September. It starts at $50k a year and has "as much overtime as I want".

The job (although at a different location):

Out of curiosity, how does it compare with previous jobs you've had? In terms of pay and such?

Dave

Staff member
Out of curiosity, how does it compare with previous jobs you've had? In terms of pay and such?
I currently make $55k - 57k depending on the July bonus. Without the bonus my yearly is closer to $50k even. This job starts at what I finished t after 12 years and at Bellevue I was salaried so no overtime.

I'll make more here than I did at Bellevue.

ONLY drawback is the location. It's a little farther than my current work. At Bellevue I had to drive 15.2 miles but it was all interstate. With Cargill I will be going 27 miles and it's highway.

After the phone call the two hiring managers discussed it and they said, "We can't afford to let this guy get away."
Ooo, that's a huge bargaining chip they just gave you. Coulda asked for more money and they probably would have given it.

At any rate, it could be used later to negotiate a higher pay.

Zappit

Staff member
I got on Plenty of Fish because I’m ready to start dating.

First day on, a woman contacted me. We chatted for a bit, made sure it wasn’t a catfish. We even did a brief video call to confirm we were who we said we were. We’ve been getting along great. She knows about my transplant and restrictions, including the fact I can’t physically interact with others until the new year.

Today, she told me she loves me. ❤❤❤

Edit: Things got weird a bit. I’m not ruling out a very complex catfish now.

Last edited:

Zappit

Staff member
I got on Plenty of Fish because I’m ready to start dating.

First day on, a woman contacted me. We chatted for a bit, made sure it wasn’t a catfish. We even did a brief video call to confirm we were who we said we were. We’ve been getting along great. She knows about my transplant and restrictions, including the fact I can’t physically interact with others until the new year.

Today, she told me she loves me. ❤❤❤

Edit: Things got weird a bit. I’m not ruling out a very complex catfish now.
Yeah, I think it’s a catfish.

Zappit

Staff member
Zap, I am just agog that someone would go through that much work just to fuck with another human being....
This was a new one. I got suspicious of “her” and she confessed that it was a fake profile so she could protect her privacy. Told me her “real” name and posted her picture. Then wanted to video chat on Messenger so we could confirm our identities. Very short, but it had me fooled.

Then things got really strange. We had started a second Hangout early on. She had me block the first one.The POF profile suddenly messaged me with “You blocked me?”

Ah, fuck.

I brought it up this morning. She told me she had lost her old phone, and asked me to block it again. The original Hangout started texting back, and she stopped texting on the second one. Then the POF profile texted.

Too damn coincidental to be coincidence.

Checked the Facebook profile attached to the Messenger invite. Given her seemingly deep concern for privacy, it seemed possible the account could have been just for this.

Then I saw multiple check-ins in Nigeria - far from Jersey, where she told me she was from.

Really puts me off the idea of dating altogether, because this is fucking frustrating. I’ve got a lot of love to give, but I can’t find a fucking real person to give it to.

Really puts me off the idea of dating altogether, because this is fucking frustrating. I’ve got a lot of love to give, but I can’t find a fucking real person to give it to.
Doesn't matter what it is. If someone says online that they want it, others will swoop in to try to make a buck off that demand.

--Patrick