The Kickstarter Bonanza - Everything Edition

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1433901524/numenera-a-new-roleplaying-game-from-monte-cook

Monte Cook, tabletop RPG designer extraordinaire, after ditching the 5th Ed design team after issues with the suits at WoTC, has put up a Kickstarter for his own indie TTRPG Numenera. It sounds pretty rad, and the guy is one of the most talented designers alive. The art looks gorgeous so I went in for a print copy of the player's manual.

And it took him like 16 seconds of having the Kickstarter up to get funded. He's going to be one of those KSs that ends up so far beyond what he expected.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1794375019/prime-wars?ref=users

A strategic card battle game featuring character designs from over 50 top artists.

In Prime Wars players are transported to a fantasy world torn apart by the different races that exist there, each one striving for survival and a chance to gain ultimate power. However, like most wars this one is full of mutiny, lies and manipulation. The races have become fragmented and it is now a war where everyone fights for their own blood. With the aim of the game to have no cards left in your hand, players have to think strategically about which races they take to battle at each opportunity.

Sounds neat, I'd need to see the Shut Up and Sit Down guys review it. As a side note, I really like Shut Up and Sit Down.

Hey, do you like miniatures such as those used when playing a little D&D or various other tabletop RPGs? Do you like painting miniatures? Well, Reaper Miniatures is doing a Kickstarter for their Bones line of minis. High quality, unpainted plastic sculpts. For like 100 bucks you get 132 miniatures and many options for expanding what you get (including cheap paint and carrying cases). It's really the most inexpensive means of getting miniatures I've ever seen.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...res-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min?ref=live

The vampire level pledge (100 bucks) gets you:

Every time they meet a stretch goal they keep adding to the 100 dollar level.

The Reaper bonanza is drawing to a close with only 40 hours left. Here's what they're up to so far:

I very much want to get in on this but with moving this month and buying a 3DS recently, I don't know that I can justify the purchase. On the other hand I would very likely never have to buy any minis again after as, even while it might not have EVERYTHING ever, there is enough variety that others from the set could be easily subbed in for pretty much anything I may need. Plus, so much opportunity to practice painting is hard to pass up.

I'm still doubting too. Maybe it could be a good reason for me to set some campaigns up again....But I've never painted a mini before and I don't know if I'd enjoy it. I know I wouldn't be any good at it, but that's obviously secondary...

Thing is, it isn't just a frickin' lot of mini's, it's also a good variety of useful ones. Not just 10 skeletons, 10 orcs, 10 goblins and one or two big guys.

I'm still doubting too. Maybe it could be a good reason for me to set some campaigns up again....But I've never painted a mini before and I don't know if I'd enjoy it. I know I wouldn't be any good at it, but that's obviously secondary...

Thing is, it isn't just a frickin' lot of mini's, it's also a good variety of useful ones. Not just 10 skeletons, 10 orcs, 10 goblins and one or two big guys.
You can buy those too if you want. They will add 20 random orcs to a pack for 25 bucks. That bundle is called Orcacalypse.

I...I...just couldn't...hold back. Oh, wallet, please forgive my nigh feverant spending of late...

Fun-looking board game on Kickstarter: Evil Spares None

Details spoiler'd for length.

A troubled night falls on Ravenwood, an otherwise picturesque neighborhood surrounded by dark trees. Teenagers whisper as recent events have proven the rumors of “dark curses” and “revenge” to be true. Run for your life and don't look back because Evil Spares None. Evil Spares None is a 2-4 player cooperative survival horror game that takes about 90 minutes to play. Live out a thrilling horror movie as your characters are stalked by an unstoppable masked psychopath. Evil Spares None is looking for supporters through Kickstarter so that we can get killer artwork, high quality materials, and a chance for contributors to join in the fun. See below for a description of the rewards! Learn more about the game.

The goal of the game is for players to survive until dawn while the Psychopath hunts down you and your friends. While on the run, your characters can come across crime scenes and gather evidence to hand over to the authorities and add to their investigation. Meanwhile, the Psychopath, independently controlled by a deck of cards, is busy adding to his score by killing and stealing evidence. If the player’s investigation reaches 16 points first, they have a chance to defeat and destroy the Psychopath permanently. If they fail, well then it’s a mad dash race for the exit, go ahead and throw your friends in the path of the enraged unstoppable madman.
Game Layout
The Map
The path that the players travel is a linear sequence of map tiles, each one representing a different location. While there will always be a path, there could be dead ends, locked doors, and out of the way areas great for playing “Seven Minutes in Heaven” or for hiding from a slobbering psychopath. The map will only be 2 tiles wide, if another map is added, the oldest one disappears, placing whoever is on it in mortal danger, so the pressure is on to run for your life.

The Risk So what if you don’t care about the Investigation? Life’s too short man, to be worried, live a little. Those players who aren’t goody-goody brown-nosers can linger around and use Risk cards. Risk cards are everything your parents told you not to do. They gain bonuses when player in areas off the main path, so find a nice corner and have some cheap beer, smokes, and a little hanky-panky to score points just for yourself. Let the others figure out who put a hatchet through your classmate’s skull, you just raided your old man’s top shelf stuff. Be aware, that the more you use Risk cards, the more the Psychopath takes a particular interest in you.

The Stalk-O-Meter The Stalk-O-Meter is a queue line for who the Psychopath is stalking. Think of it as his “to-do” list, but instead of “do” it’s “kill brutally”. The Psychopath always makes a direct path towards his target, wherever they may be. Certain Action cards that the player’s draw can rearrange the Stalk-O-Meter. Like pointing out how Bernadette has nice new, flimsy high heels. ​The Psychopath The Psychopath is controlled by a deck of cards. After each player’s turn, they draw a card that determines, what the psychopath does to his target (determined by the Stalk-O-Meter). The Psychopath Deck is dynamic and changes based on how many chopped up corpses are on his body pile (i.e. “Score”). At first, some cards have no action giving you just enough breathing space to think you have a handle on things and you might make it out alive. Then boom, he bursts in at the worst time and spins about the room like a chainsaw ballerina. Once the Psychopath gains enough points, he can activate powers such as smashing through walls, rising from the dead, and appearing right behind you.
I'M WATCHING YOU
What's in the box? WHAT'S IN THE BOX!? 1 Box
11 Maps
40 Action Cards
30 Monster – General Cards
7 Monster – Psycrow Cards
1 Psycrow Profile Card
8 Lock Cards
14 Secret Cards
12 Character Profile Cards
12 Evidence Cards
12 Wound Cards
12 Character Tokens
9 Townie Tokens
4 Evidence Tokens
2 Point Markers
1 Rule book
13 Pawns
4 Spinners
4 Dice

Knock-Knock is less than 500 bucks away from it's goal and has 13 days left. It's virtually assured to go over it's goal by a few thousand, though I doubt it's going to hit it's first stretch goal.

My friends at Redlamp Arts are doing a Kickstarter to get their new and improved Thermal Detonator prop out to the public. Rachel has been making previous versions for years and has always been swamped with orders, which is what led to the simpler, DIY redesign. These things have been a huge hit with the Star Wars cosplay/costumer community for years and this is basically the first time she's been able to get a large number of them out to the community at large.

Rewards right now are...

- Foil Stickers, featuring a custom design
- Cold cast aluminum detonator key chains (30mm diameter)
- T-shirts (by Preston). Two designs available. Sizes for adults are S-4XL and child sizes are XS-XL.
- DIY assembly version of the thermal detonator
- Fully assembled, hand polished version of the detonator, which comes complete with lights and sound effects, triggered by pulling back on the handle.

You can add extra shirts or detonators if you'd like, just mention it to her.

She's only aiming at 5k right now, but she does have stretch goals in the works, including adding in ring stands for the dets (for those who just want to display them on their shelves). So go and help her out.

I may be the only person here who gives a shit, but I'll post it anyway...

I like seeing all the cool designs people can pack into a deck of cards. I even started collecting designer decks. With that in mind, here's the "Bohemia" set on Kickstarter. It's already paid for, so if you have any interest in these cards you will definitely get anything you "purchase."

As much as I'd like to see a Goon movie come to be, that Kickstarter project might be against KS's rules. It's not the funding to make the movie, it's funding to make a demo reel to pitch to major studios, which would make it an open-ended project. And you would have to back $10k just to see the results of the project.

As much as I'd like to see a Goon movie come to be, that Kickstarter project might be against KS's rules. It's not the funding to make the movie, it's funding to make a demo reel to pitch to major studios, which would make it an open-ended project.
No it wouldn't. A demo reel is a clear goal, it would eventually be completed, and in the end, something would be produced from the kickstarter. That's enough to cover the "no open ended kickstarters" rule.

It's also likely that the demo reel would be released on YouTube or as a DVD extra on the official release of the movie if it IS picked up.

http://www.indiegogo.com/elysiumonline

Not a Kicksterter, but IndieGoGo. This looks like an amazing project and I think I'll shell out $20 for it.

The story is about Elysium, a revolutionary social network. By logging in you’ll be able to interact with your deceased loved ones who now exist in a digital afterlife. It’s October 2021 and everyone is eagerly anticipating its official release.