[Other] The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

I can see that there are advantages to online, due to the nature of online, but I also see that those things are never going to be something you can copy from online and bring to the store. Not having to deal with your kid is not something the store can copy from their online store and make available to you in person.

Consider online shopping from the point of someone who has recently had to start shopping with a food allergy in mind. Most products have incomplete incomplete ingredient information online. I have no way of checking to see what is safe for me to eat or not without having to search elsewhere on the web, and even then I'm not guaranteed current or accurate information about the version of the product being carried by the store. There is no possible way that I could safely do all of my grocery shopping online, not without being severely limited in what I can eat, or having to buy products just to read the labels.

Browsing for a new kind of chips for snacking when I'm in the store, in the aisle, take a few minutes. Searching through the listing of chips online means waiting for page after page after page to load, just to get through the listing of all the shit in the aisle.

Also, I'm a little prejudiced against online because it could be a better experience, but it isn't. Store websites are horribly designed. They don't take full advantage of being online, while also doing very little to mitigate the disadvantages of being online.
I agree, I guess I took your original comment as saying there’s no advantage to online grocery shopping.

I think part of the problem is grocery stores were rushed in to it because of Covid, so they just replicated what worked with other online shopping stores, which doesn’t really translate well for groceries. Hoped there’s still enough demand post Covid for these companies to invest some more in rethinking the online experience.

figmentPez

Staff member
I think part of the problem is grocery stores were rushed in to it because of Covid, so they just replicated what worked with other online shopping stores, which doesn’t really translate well for groceries. Hoped there’s still enough demand post Covid for these companies to invest some more in rethinking the online experience.
I've made heavy use of Randall's and Kroger's online system for coupons for nearly a decade now, and they've only made the tiniest of improvements. They've had plenty of time to get their shit together with better product information, better layouts, etc.

Kroger's Weekly Ad online is just a scan of the print version, with an overlay link to coupons. You can't even use it to see a full list of items that are included in sales, or what products a coupon applies to. They've had this problem with not using online properly since well before COVID, and I think the influx of people using it despite how shitty it is will only make them lazier about improving it.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've made heavy use of Randall's and Kroger's online system for coupons for nearly a decade now, and they've only made the tiniest of improvements. They've had plenty of time to get their shit together with better product information, better layouts, etc.

Kroger's Weekly Ad online is just a scan of the print version, with an overlay link to coupons. You can't even use it to see a full list of items that are included in sales, or what products a coupon applies to. They've had this problem with not using online properly since well before COVID, and I think the influx of people using it despite how shitty it is will only make them lazier about improving it.
One thing I do kinda like though is that if you link your Kroger card to an account with an address, they compensate you for the loss of your personal data by sending you personalized paper coupons for stuff you commonly buy already.

Of course, this really only offsets how much more those same items cost at Kroger than they do at HEB.

Most of those items are things people like you or me buy anyways, so they can give us the discount to keep us coming back.

decline.png

Fortunately have not had to experience MUCH of this, but the stores are definitely getting smaller shipments, or shipments that obviously weren't as well cared-for during transport.

--Patrick

Whoops, that one was meant for the funny but NSFW pictures thread. Oh well, guess it works here as well.

Not sure where else to post this one, didn't think I'd see video of armadillo penis today:

In my research for Dill, I tried to learn as much as I could on armadillos. Which included learning about armadillo penises.

NOW YOU ALL MUST SHARE MY SUFFERING.

In my research for Dill, I tried to learn as much as I could on armadillos. Which included learning about armadillo penises.

NOW YOU ALL MUST SHARE MY SUFFERING.
I do not remember the chapter where Dill saves the day with his 4-foot-long prehensile penis. What a waste! :aaah:

Dave

Staff member
Someone told them what a bussy was, didn't they? Poor bastards thought they were just making a fun play on the word "bus" and it didn't go as planned.

Don't badger Mike Tyson for autographs on airlines.

Yes, let's taunt and harass the man who has a history of being a violent offender for the past 40 years. Also, a boxer. Dude got off light.

Personally, I don't like asking anyone for an autograph or a photo unless I'm at an event where it's specifically meant to happen (a convention, stage doors, etc.) I used to see famous people all the time in the city, and I never wanted to bother someone minding their own business or just trying to go about their day. There are exceptions, like when a friend of mine helped Robin Williams when he came into his store, and after a lengthy chat, he asked if it would be okay if they took a photo together.