[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

So Redcloak had no possibility to figure it out even if he noticed the magic.
Well... no, he could on a lucky roll.

Find Traps
Divination

You gain intuitive insight into the workings of traps. You can use the Search skill to detect traps just as a rogue can. In addition, you gain an insight bonus equal to one-half your caster level (maximum +10) on Search checks made to find traps while the spell is in effect.

Note that find traps grants no ability to disable the traps that you may find.
He could have found traps, but there's not guarantee he's got enough caster levels to actually FIND them. Even if he was a 20th level Cleric (I doubt he is), he'd only have a +10 to the roll. Considering Search is an INT skill and not a Cleric prefered one, it's highly doubtful Redcloak could find them without rolling a 20. The roll to find it would be something like... 34.

He could have found traps, but there's not guarantee he's got enough caster levels to actually FIND them. Even if he was a 20th level Cleric (I doubt he is), he'd only have a +10 to the roll. Considering Search is an INT skill and not a Cleric prefered one, it's highly doubtful Redcloak could find them without rolling a 20. The roll to find it would be something like... 34.
Ah, yes, there's always a spell.

Of course even then: "Note that find traps grants no ability to disable the traps that you may find."

Oh, hai, Serini.

And I think I know what's going on with the doors and the traps: "Spell of Forgetfulness."

I think we can safely say that most of the stuff in the Crayon Story of the Order of the Scribble may be a bit... embellished.

I've long wondered why Rich hasn't done a prequel book on the Order of the Scribble yet, since it seems like a no brainer, and I'm convinced the reason is that there are important parts of that story that haven't been told yet.

Seems clear, by her last statement there, that she knows exactly what happened with at least the Soon gate.
I can't imagine she would refer to his personal katana like that unless she knew for a fact that Miko used it to destroy the gate.

I do hope that Serini finds out in short order (PUN! HA!) that the current group trying to defeat Xykon does not have a paladin as one of its members.