I'm working on the final paper for the class I took this past term.
It's supposed to be 25 pages. I'm on page 21, footnote #101, 6000 words, and I still have another 8 pages of notes to take into account and 1 1/2 large sections plus the conclusion.
I already have permission to go as long as 30 pages. (I've stated that I will try to keep it under 50 - which was about the length of my last Master's thesis, you know, the paper that took 2 years to write. Not 2 weeks.)

Generally speaking, I am usually hard pressed to get to the minimum word count for a paper.
This is weird.

I am getting a bit sick of typing though.

Generally speaking, I am usually hard pressed to get to the minimum word count for a paper.
This is weird.
I have a similar problem, where "I want 25 pages" is answered with "but I will only need ten" sometimes, and "but I have so much more than that to say" in others. I'm sure it indicates something explicitly DSM-able about one's mental makeup, but I don't know what.

--Patrick

I have a similar problem, where "I want 25 pages" is answered with "but I will only need ten" sometimes, and "but I have so much more than that to say" in others. I'm sure it indicates something explicitly DSM-able about one's mental makeup, but I don't know what.

--Patrick
Given that I am in part writing about mental health, this comment is particularly amusing and apt.

--Patrick
I do not assign page minimums for this reason. I grade on the content and writing and I tell students what that content and structure is likely to require. If they can do it in less, good for them. Padding to meet a page minimum will not improve the content and structure and writing style in their papers.

I'm working on the final paper for the class I took this past term.
It's supposed to be 25 pages. I'm on page 21, footnote #101, 6000 words, and I still have another 8 pages of notes to take into account and 1 1/2 large sections plus the conclusion.
I already have permission to go as long as 30 pages. (I've stated that I will try to keep it under 50 - which was about the length of my last Master's thesis, you know, the paper that took 2 years to write. Not 2 weeks.)

This is weird.

I am getting a bit sick of typing though.
First draft done.

12,500 words, 172 footnotes, 40 pages.
(My last thesis was 14,500 words, so there's that.)

I need to do reference formatting and make sure the thing hangs together, but the bulk is done.

I am utterly horrified at the length of this thing. For a term paper it's an utter beast, even for doctorate work (my final paper last term was... probably about half the length, and still appropriate for the doctorate program I'm in.)

My ass is numb, I'm going to go do literally anything else for a while.

Fuck, the Youtube algorithm has gotten so incredibly shit that it thinks that autoplay means show me the same Noah Gervais video essay about Neverwinter Nights. Then, when I finally tell it to fuck off with that, I've already watched it, it just switches to another Noah Gervais video essay. I LIKE HIS VIDEOS, SHOW ME WHEN THERE'S A NEW ONE.

Now it just wants to show me the newest OSW Review. Just the newest one. I've ALREADY WATCHED IT YOUTUBE, YOU FUCKING KNOW THIS. Oh, this dude's 5 minute SNES videos are interesting. Let's watch one. Cool, I guess I'm watching OSW review now.

FUCK. It used to be good at showing me shit, but I swear to fucking God.....

Next it'll just keep trying to show Ben Shapiro bullshit.

I have to get an emissions test on my hybrid to renew my registration, and it's such a huge waste of time. They can't even do the standard emissions test, they pretty much just hook it up to the computer and see if any codes are being thrown, then pass me. :aaah:

I don't have kids and don't plan on ever having any, but if I was going to do a gender reveal, I would just email/call/message/tell people the gender.

Also, I would deliberately tell them the wrong gender, and then pretend to be confused when the baby came out.

We actually couldn’t confirm with ultrasound, our daughter had her legs crossed and bunches in a way that hid complete confirmation. This was also 27 years ago.

How does this keep happening?
Internet clout, coupled with toxic gender roles.

When I was pregnant with Li'l Z, one of the first things I did was planing out the baby's room/nursery was pick a gender-neutral theme (ocean) with gender neutral colors (seafoam green)because I was only futzing with it once, and regardless of what we were going to have, and if we decided to have a second and it was a different gender, I wasn't changing a damn thing. Too much work. Whatever kid was going to get smiling sea creatures and a yellow submarine.
I was at a check-up alone, and at that point you're usually not able to determine the sex for another month and 1/2, but the tech told me she could clearly make out what were having and if I wanted to know right there. And my answer was, "Hell yeah!". Not "write it down", not "stick it in a cake", or whatever. It was going to be my kid, and except for Mr. Z, the only person who that information mattered to was me. These public displays are never about the kid. They're for the parents who want attention. Doin' it for the Gram/the Likes. And this may be me sounding judgy, but that's a bad sign if that's where your priorities are.

Internet clout, coupled with toxic gender roles.

When I was pregnant with Li'l Z, one of the first things I did was planing out the baby's room/nursery was pick a gender-neutral theme (ocean) with gender neutral colors (seafoam green)because I was only futzing with it once, and regardless of what we were going to have, and if we decided to have a second and it was a different gender, I wasn't changing a damn thing. Too much work. Whatever kid was going to get smiling sea creatures and a yellow submarine.
I was at a check-up alone, and at that point you're usually not able to determine the sex for another month and 1/2, but the tech told me she could clearly make out what were having and if I wanted to know right there. And my answer was, "Hell yeah!". Not "write it down", not "stick it in a cake", or whatever. It was going to be my kid, and except for Mr. Z, the only person who that information mattered to was me. These public displays are never about the kid. They're for the parents who want attention. Doin' it for the Gram/the Likes. And this may be me sounding judgy, but that's a bad sign if that's where your priorities are.
Laziness is the true equalizer.

This shit fucking kills me, I laughed out loud at how pathetic this is.

The responses are great.

I could kick the shit out of EVERY average Greek man. It would be like fighting a 13 year old.