What the source text said: "We donated second-hand clothing and food to..."

What the translator apparently thought: "Well, 'second-hand' is clearly describing both clothing and food here, I'm absolutely certain people donate their pre-used food to people in need, that makes total sense to me!"

What the review (me) said: "Are you fucking stupid?"

That's kind of a hallmark of that generation though, right? Respect your elders. Do what we say. The oldest person in the room is always right. Blah blah blah...
The funny part is it's not. Boomers were the first generation to have the designation of "teenagers", and juvenile delinquents, the Civil Rights protests, the hippie movement, the war protests, the phrase "Don't trust anyone over 30...".

They're hypocrites. The word you're looking for is "hypocrites".

Boomers are also a generation that got slapped into submission, did a lot of the same to their own kids, and are mad that Gen X/Millennials for the most part tried to break that cycle.

On a completely different note, I went to the local community college with my son today to look at technician certification classes as a part of his school to work alliance program for spec.ed kids. I was far more interested in this kind of thing that my son was, because I love this kind of thing, and I commented to my husband that I would almost be interested in taking these classes for certification/Associates degree. He said that if it was something I really wanted to do, I should just do it. He also knows that I bounce from hobby to hobby like a crazed rabbit, but that almost all of them center on making in some form or another. The real question I would have for myself would be wondering if it would be worth learning machining, or EE tech, or Optics Tech if I don't know if I ever plan to translate it into an actual job.

This is kind of what I was referring to.
I let my daughter get away with a lot of backtalking that I would have been slapped for. I will get into shouting matches with her when she gets ridiculous, but I think it's more important that she can stand up for herself than be a meek flower that backs down over fear of being smacked. I pretty much hate one of my uncles for always considering me a spoiled little shit because I tried to set boundaries, and got upset when people didn't respect them. Also when I would get upset when I expected something to be a certain way, and then it got taken back on me. Have I mentioned that I'm pretty sure my son's autistic traits came mostly from me? :p My mother and I have an extremely strained relationship because I set a boundary for her, and when I warn her multiple times to respect it or I will hang up, and then I actually do it, she plays victim and expects me to feel bad for her.

Boomers are also a generation that got slapped into submission, did a lot of the same to their own kids, and are mad that Gen X/Millennials for the most part tried to break that cycle.
This also explains the situation with student loans, UBI, UHC, etc.
The real question I would have for myself would be wondering if it would be worth learning machining, or EE tech, or Optics Tech if I don't know if I ever plan to translate it into an actual job.
Machining.

—Patrick