I just spent my first day of 'training' playing Binding of Isaac while the trainer took 3 hours to get the whole group to download an app. Jesus.

All right, I don't want to continue mucking up the Order of the Stick thread with this nonsense, so I'll put it here. It's definitely random and it's DEFINITELY crap, so it's appropriate.

Quick recap: three years ago, I got into it with an entitled jackass on Twitter who was making ridiculous conspiracy theories and irrational ultimatums against Order of the Stick webcomic creator Rich Burlew. First original post here. I thought that was the end of it back then.

Recently, he's reared his ugly head again in the comments of the old Order of the Stick Kickstarter comments. A post about that here. I've been replying to his nonsense with maybe a bit too much hostility, but I'm sick of his shit. Anyone else who has replied to him has basically told him to fuck off, either kindly or not so kindly.

Apparently, he's been receiving prank e-mails, with someone signing him up for Scientology. It's not me, but it's fucking hilarious. But he accused me of doing it. With zero evidence, of course. And even after I told him I've done nothing with his email, he went to my website and contacted me through my author page (lol) with this:

"Dear Nick Piers,

Sorry for using the email on your authors page. But I have a further question to ask.

I have received more emails in which a user “Poor Loser Dale” has been signed up to Alibaba, Providence Woman’s retreat and Bedbath and Beyond. I am glad I created a separate email for this prankery but am terrified someone will use this email to log on to criminal content like extreme material on the internet.

I ask because you’re the Prime Suspect in this. Did you do this if so please stop."

TL;DR: Stupid internet drama that I shouldn't even bother involving myself in but can't help it because this guy is an idiot.

Man, I receive about half a dozen mails a week for Richard, Rosemary, Rafael, etc with my last name. You don't need a jackass to get unwanted e-mails. Though I suppose the name "Poor Loser Dale" does suggest it's done maliciously.

Anyone here heard about the Apache Log4j exploit? It's a critical vulnerability opening your computer up to pretty much anyone running any code they want. A LOT of big companies are being affected, because pretty much everyone and their dog was using Log4j to do their logging for them.

Completely unrelated because otherwise this would be completely against a bunch of rules, if anyone here uses software (not the website) to, say, ship packages, you might want to consider not using that until a patch has been released.

Boy 2021 has been a slaughtering ground of podcasts I've listened to. One lost all but one host after 16 years, another couple just stopped entirely. My weekly podcast listening list has dwindled so much.

So, I'm on my Christmas holiday now, in my own country. Having been away for about two years, I had a number of errands to run about town. In the process, I noticed quite a few long queues in various places, people seeming to queue to places unknown to me.

After finishing my to-do list for the day, I headed to my usual joint. Upon arrival, I noticed a queue going around the block, past the bar. I went inside through the queue and, after showing my vaccination pass and ID, I asked the bartender what all the people were queueing outside for. "It's the Red Cross food queue".

...Shit. Is this what I pay some hefty taxes for? This was in the center of town, not some shitty neighbourhood in the outskirts. Never seen anything like this before. What has happened to my country while I've been away?

I put four euros into the Salvation Army collection box earlier. Maybe I could put in a little more tomorrow.

While I applaud the sentiment, I would suggest finding a different charity to donate your money.

Not sure I can read that, as the notification says it has been removed. However, the Salvation Army is a socially acceptable charity to donate to, at least on this side of the puddle.
Well, there was a pandemic
Well, while I sympathise with their situation, it seems to me that we have had systems in place to deal with many like things. What have these people done with all the money we've been giving them, one might inquire.

the notification says it has been removed.
The post was removed from reddit, however the link to the image (hosted on imgur) still works, and you can see it if you want to click through to go there.
we have had systems in place to deal with many like things. What have these people done with all the money we've been giving them, one might inquire.
Here in the United States, we had similar systems in place. They were practically dismantled shortly before they were apparently needed, but they were there. And you question is an excellent one to be asking, even here.

--Patrick

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Rather shocked that it is about reasons not linked to their anti LGBTQ2+ agenda.
The one Gas posted might have had more than that as well. There are a lot of reasons to not support the Salvation Army. They will withhold support from people who need it whenever the whim takes them. Getting help from the Salvation Amry is entirely dependent on meeting their approval, and that's some real bullshit.