figmentPez

Staff member
At this point I’m almost ready to entertain a conspiracy theory that all these loopholes and late releases are a coordinated attempt to Swiss-cheese software security under the guise of slapdash incompetence.
So we're still going with the prevailing theory that security in the computer industry has been playing 32nd fiddle to cost, speed, profit, buzzwords, money, image, the stock market, backwards compatibility, corporate bonuses, etc. then?

Random Crap? Epic Win? New friends or find my body? I just don't know yet.

I've been posting about my crochet on a local crafting group on NextDoor. Because of the way NextDoor works, everyone on the group lives within 5 minutes of me.

I've been invited to go out this afternoon to a local "hang out and knit/crochet" group at a lady's house. I imagine it's going to be me and a half-dozen middle-aged bored housewives. I....kinda fear for my safety ;)

But I'm gonna go and make new friends

I am having the weirdest dreams. A mix of pain and meds. They’re vivid and cooked.

Also, I am convinced that the kids are tagging each other in the hall and screaming in the room in turn to see who can freak me out the most violently. Not actual violence, but aggressively waking me from these dreams.

Second random thing today: Decided to try some new things. I used to hate Malt-O-Meal as a kid, but I picked up a box for easy breakfasts. I went to make some this morning and thought to myself "this is just gruel with good marketing."

Third random thing today: Someone sent me a box of hipster flavored teas. Which is exactly the kind of thing I love. But none of my friends will 'fess up as to who sent it. There was no note, receipt, or card in the box.

Second random thing today: Decided to try some new things. I used to hate Malt-O-Meal as a kid, but I picked up a box for easy breakfasts. I went to make some this morning and thought to myself "this is just gruel with good marketing."

This is all I can ever think of when I hear the words , "Malt-O-Meal". Probably the best use for it.

Malt-O-Meal vs Cream of Wheat, that was a good decision to have back in the day. You knew times were good when you had a choice.

Damn, now I'm all hungry.

So, I haven't lived without women in the house for almost all of my adult life. Like nearly 35 years. Now that I'm living alone, I have one observation:

Toilet paper lasts so long now...omg. I bought a big pack from Sams Club, and I think it may last me until retirement.
It amazes me how much my wife uses. I usually put 4 extra rolls and the one in use in our bathroom, always seems like 2 days later, “We need more to in the bathroom!” It’s like she’s flushing that stuff down the drain!