Me: Gee, restaurant, that's a lot more gravy than I need. I'm gonna have so much extra gravy.

Also me, grabbing spoon: This is Texas, fam. Ain't no such thing as "extra" gravy.

The masala is delicious, though not as good as their long discontinued 'curry' flavour.
The cucumber is weird, but tasty... eventually.
Haven't had the chicken and tomato yet!
Curry chips sound wicked!
Post automatically merged:

Me: Gee, restaurant, that's a lot more gravy than I need. I'm gonna have so much extra gravy.

Also me, grabbing spoon: This is Texas, fam. Ain't no such thing as "extra" gravy.
All gravy is good gravy!

Today is just full of randomness I guess.
I ordered some of these from Amazon from a company called Boomiboo.
1649465262506.png

I don't need that many. But they were cheap. I wanna make some of these:
1649465292137.png

Today, I got two packages from Boomiboo. 1 package was the earring bits. The second package? A completely free 2021-2022 sex positions calendar. WTF?

1649465338863.png

Edit: I looked. That calendar is not even listed on their amazon store. But it was in Amazon packaging with no packing slip. ????

Ah, I found it. This is definitely Amazon's screwup, because the company that sells the calendar is not the same company that sells the earrings.
Amazon product
It's self published, the paper is not glossy, but more like pulp paperback quality, and inside are pictures of nudity, erect penises and fully penetrative sex acts.

Today is just full of randomness I guess.
I ordered some of these from Amazon from a company called Boomiboo.
View attachment 41163
I don't need that many. But they were cheap. I wanna make some of these:
View attachment 41164

Today, I got two packages from Boomiboo. 1 package was the earring bits. The second package? A completely free 2021-2022 sex positions calendar. WTF?

View attachment 41165

Edit: I looked. That calendar is not even listed on their amazon store. But it was in Amazon packaging with no packing slip. ????
Amazon knows everything. Including that you're recently single.

I just took a job that requires me to move 5 hours away but at least it's a real job. As in like 20,000 more per year than my current pile of dogshit I hate with all my heart job. I've considered applying to the Alberta Sheriffs (scumbag cop wannabes) as a last resort because I don't know if I could live with myself if I actually went through with going back to law enforcement.

Now I just have...to...deal...with...this...house.

Last edited:
I got to do something interesting today--I used a diode laser to vaporize tissue around a crown prep so I could expose the margin and take a good final impression. Super cool--and I did so only using 1.2 watts. Technology is neat.

Dave

Staff member
I’m tired. I’ll post my wonderful story about tonight’s gig tomorrow when I wake up. Right now I’ve been awake for 31.5 hours. I’m waiting for my food then I’m going to the hotel and taking a shower. Then I’m sleeping.

As I've likely whined about before, my department here at work is chronically short-staffed. Our higher-ups gave me a boilerplate message to post on social media about us looking for someone to hire, so I posted it on my Facebook, and then yesterday I was messaged by a girl who I've never met in person but who attended the same postgrad university/course as me in the UK. She's the admin of the alumni group for this course on Facebook. Anyway, she said she's interested in the job opportunity, and asked me what the job would involve and what the company is like, and what the application and interview process would look like. I answered her questions as best I could, and it looks like she's going to submit her resume.

Now, here I want to mention that while I've never met this girl before, I can tell from her Facebook photos that she'd probably be the hottest person to have ever applied to this company. She's hotter than all of the hot female coworkers I've ever had and driven off in my decade working here.

Today I came in to work and immediately gave my supervisor a heads up that we might be receiving an application from this girl soon, and if we do, someone else is going to have to look at her written test and conduct her interview, because there's no way I'm gonna be unbiased. I told my supervisor that it's because I know her from my postgrad course (which isn't true, but it's plausible enough).

But I know the real reason.

As I've likely whined about before, my department here at work is chronically short-staffed. Our higher-ups gave me a boilerplate message to post on social media about us looking for someone to hire, so I posted it on my Facebook, and then yesterday I was messaged by a girl who I've never met in person but who attended the same postgrad university/course as me in the UK. She's the admin of the alumni group for this course on Facebook. Anyway, she said she's interested in the job opportunity, and asked me what the job would involve and what the company is like, and what the application and interview process would look like. I answered her questions as best I could, and it looks like she's going to submit her resume.

Now, here I want to mention that while I've never met this girl before, I can tell from her Facebook photos that she'd probably be the hottest person to have ever applied to this company. She's hotter than all of the hot female coworkers I've ever had and driven off in my decade working here.

Today I came in to work and immediately gave my supervisor a heads up that we might be receiving an application from this girl soon, and if we do, someone else is going to have to look at her written test and conduct her interview, because there's no way I'm gonna be unbiased. I told my supervisor that it's because I know her from my postgrad course (which isn't true, but it's plausible enough).

But I know the real reason.
Something like 20 years ago, I did some contract work for a company, and one of the ladies there was Russian and extremely attractive. Since I didn't have to work directly with her, I mostly avoided her. And then the owner of the company called me in and read me the riot act about treating everyone equally and that she wasn't lesser than the other employees. So I told him honestly that I completely respected her as a person and believed in her ability to do her job, and that I wasn't avoiding her out of some kind of disrespect or believing that she was less than her male co-workers--but that I found her uncomfortably attractive and found myself tongue-tied around her, so I preferred to simply deal with my assigned contact so as to not look like an idiot bumbling over my words and to maintain a professional demeanor.

So he made her my assigned contact. It did get easier working with her after a while, but she never stopped being uncomfortably attractive. I'm a lot less bumbling around attractive women these days ;)

Something like 20 years ago, I did some contract work for a company, and one of the ladies there was Russian and extremely attractive. Since I didn't have to work directly with her, I mostly avoided her. And then the owner of the company called me in and read me the riot act about treating everyone equally and that she wasn't lesser than the other employees. So I told him honestly that I completely respected her as a person and believed in her ability to do her job, and that I wasn't avoiding her out of some kind of disrespect or believing that she was less than her male co-workers--but that I found her uncomfortably attractive and found myself tongue-tied around her, so I preferred to simply deal with my assigned contact so as to not look like an idiot bumbling over my words and to maintain a professional demeanor.

So he made her my assigned contact. It did get easier working with her after a while, but she never stopped being uncomfortably attractive. I'm a lot less bumbling around attractive women these days ;)
This reminds me of something that happened when I was an undergrad student in Taiwan. Here in Taiwan we're required to do "service courses" in order to graduate. They're basically simple community service projects that we can do to make the community a slightly better place. My service course involved taking care of a flower garden on campus. The instructor basically paired everyone up, assigned every pair a patch of garden, and said that if the flowers in your patch are still alive at the end of the semester then you'll pass the service course.

One of the girls in my course was a really hot girl who spent most of her life in Ecuador, and thus she spoke Chinese and English with a heavy South American accent. And when I talked to her, I would start unconsciously mimicking her accent. She thought I was deliberately mocking her, and would kick me in the shins every time I did that. Apparently she was quite an avid soccer player too, so her kicks rather hurt. The instructor noticed us bickering and her kicking me, and apparently working on kindergarten logic, he decided to pair us together and have us take care of the same patch of flowers. He also made it sound like he was doing me a favor.

In the end, I didn't see her turn up once to take care of the flowers, so I think I had to do it all. She might've shown up when I wasn't there though. Anyway, I passed the service course and presumably she did too.

Hmm. I want to bike over to Halifax for new comics and maybe some new bike gear.

*looks outside*

Rainy day, eh?

*grabs splash pants*

Fine, I'll do it, myself.
Welp, didn't buy any bike stuff because I forgot both MEC and Cyclesmith are closed for Good Friday.

But I did nab some comics at Strange Adventures. And had a really nice talk with Cal (the owner) about Darwyn Cooke. I almost bought the Parker Martini Edition.

And honestly, if I wasn't worried about keeping a massive book like that dry in my bike pannier, I would have. But I also would've gotten a bonus martini glass with it and THAT would've been tricky to safely bike home with.

But here's my haul from today. It was double bagged to keep dry in my bike bag.
20220415_125601.jpg